VOTE!

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: VOTE!

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:17 pm
I voted in person today. It took less than 10 minutes and was pretty easy. I already had done the research on all the judges and brought a cheat-sheet with me.

There were two people in the parking lot standing next to a truck plastered with trump stickers, flags, and quite a few rifle silhouettes. They had t-shirts on that said "Election Security" and were standing right next to the "75 feet from entrance" cones.
Assholes.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hey, I was just sharing my story about voting. No need to call me names.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:39 pm
Hey, I was just sharing my story about voting. No need to call me names.
;) It would have been singular if I had been talking about you, as..., er friend.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

:)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump today in AZ - “So, I call some guy, the head of Exxon, I call the head of Exxon–I don’t know” he told the crowd. “I’ll use a company. ‘How, how are you doing, how’s energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?’ Okay, but I call the head of Exxon, I say, ‘You know, I’d love you to send me $25 million for the campaign.'”

“Absolutely, sir,” Trump continued–using a mock voice apparently intended to reflect an obsequious oil industry CEO happy to engage in the transaction: “Why didn’t you–yes, would you like some more?”
https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/at-camp ... oliciting/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/1904 ... -donations
Fossil fuel companies were not big donors to Donald Trump's presidential campaign, but they helped him shatter records in raising money for his inauguration festivities, according to new disclosures filed at the Federal Election Commission.

More than 1,500 corporations and individuals gave a total $107 million to the presidential inaugural committee.
The Trump team's inauguration fundraising blitz raises red flags for those concerned about the influence of money in politics. "It's very clear the reason a corporation would seek to make a contribution to an inauguration is that they are making a business investment," said Tyson Slocum, head of the energy program at Washington watchdog Public Citizen. "And they are expecting a financial return on their investment in the form of access, or when they are pushing for specific legislative and regulatory priorities."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Love it!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:00 pm
Except that our CEO was brought in as Secretary of State right away.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Threatening emails reportedly sent to Democratic voters in three swing states, sparking investigations
https://www.chron.com/news/article/Thre ... 663742.php
Authorities in Florida and Alaska on Tuesday were investigating threatening emails sent to Democratic voters that claimed to be from the Proud Boys, a far-right group supportive of President Donald Trump, but appeared instead to be a deceptive campaign making use of a vulnerability in the organization's online network.

The emails, which appeared to target Democrats using data from digital databases known as "voter files," told recipients the group was "in possession of all your information" and instructed voters to change their party registration and cast their ballots for Trump.

"You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you," warned the emails, which by Tuesday night were said to have reached voters in four states, three of them hotly contested swing states in the coming presidential election.

The emails were reported in Pennsylvania, Arizona, Florida and Alaska. Only Alaska is not a major focus of the presidential campaign, but it does have a closely watched race for the U.S. Senate.

Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the Proud Boys and the Florida state director of Latinos for Trump, denied involvement, saying the group operates two sites, and was increasingly migrating away from the domain used in the email campaign.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Waiting for Trump to denounce all that and have the FBI launch an investigation...

Indy

Post by Indy »

happening now

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Th ... 663742.php
U.S. government concludes Iran was behind threatening emails sent to Democrats

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Tough weeding through facts now days. Is it the Proud Boys threatening Dems? Is it Iranians posing as Proud Boys to cause division? Trumps guy at the FBI says it was a plot against Trump.

I don’t think the Proud Boys would put their email address on a threatening email. They can’t be that dumb. Could it be Iran? I guess. A plot against Trump? How is threatening Dems to vote for Trump a plot against Trump. My guess is that this is a false flag attempt to cause division. I hope they find more. Nothing brings a country together like another country threatening it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Russia. Iran. North Korea. Whoever... Their priority is to undermine American prosperity by any means.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Why do you think all these countries want Trump in office. It’s pretty obvious, right?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, they are enjoying the chaos he brings to Democracy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trumps interview with 60 Minutes.

I watched about half of it. I just can’t stand watching him very long without being repulsed.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

For a supposed tough guy he's awfully soft with any press that's not Fox News. Doesn't like to be challenged or questioned, you can only tell him how right he is or how good of a job he's done. Otherwise you're fake news, unfair to him, taking cheap shots, etc.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

"(fill in any topic) were doing it better than it's ever been done before"

And there's the bottom line with his bullshit.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.