2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

That's the appropriate way to handle a spam call.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It needed to be said. One of the few that's strong enough to stand up to our lame duck president.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I keep holding my breath and hoping that there won't be violence. I worry that somebody is going to get hurt or killed between now and Jan 21.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:35 pm
I keep holding my breath and hoping that there won't be violence. I worry that somebody is going to get hurt or killed between now and Jan 21.
A lot of people are going to get hurt and killed often the next couple months. Mostly by COVID. And yeah, maybe a few by Proud Boys shooting up a government office or black church.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:35 pm
There is plenty of evidence Trump has tried to influence election officials and politicians into swaying the vote his way. Plenty of evidence Trump is inciting violence with his baseless claims.

Trump is evil.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Trump evangelical supporters comparing the election of Biden to Operation Valkyrie and vowing to defeat it.

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/pro ... in-office/
As Christ’s ekklesia on the Earth, we have been delegated his supreme authority to declare into the spiritual realm what is lawful and what is unlawful, forbidden and allowed. We have been given Christ’s keys with which to close doors no one can open and open doors no one can close.

According to his instructions, we join together in unity across our nation tonight. From the first state to the last in order to end Valkyrie’s plot to steal America’s 2020 elections. We decree with the angel of the Lord and, using his very words, join him in decreeing that when the clock strikes 3:00 am eastern time, Valkyrie will fall and will not sing. The plot will end.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's great that that guy has "fury" now, but he's been fine with all of Trump's bullsh*t until now, when it personally affects and harms him.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Please let this catch on.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Are Republicans really telling their constituents not to vote in the Georgia elections?

Awesome!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:33 pm
Are Republicans really telling their constituents not to vote in the Georgia elections?

Awesome!
Sydney Powell and Lin Wood don’t actually have constituents, and don’t have a lot of influence. Then again, these elections are so competitive that even a little influence might make the difference.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Donald Trump is threatening to defund the military because he's being made fun of and it's trending on Twitter. No joke. #diaperDon

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20201 ... -him.shtml
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I woke up this morning incredulous that the sitting POTUS is outright lying continuously to the American public with his baseless election fraud claims. He's either delusional, stupid, or both.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:51 am
I woke up this morning incredulous that the sitting POTUS is outright lying continuously to the American public with his baseless election fraud claims. He's either delusional, stupid, or both.
It's because he's using it as a tactic to suck money from his base. I saw yesterday that they've already received over $140 million in donations to help "investigate" the voter fraud and keep him in office. There are no stipulation or rules behind any of it and the money will go directly to Trump and whomever else when it's all said and done. The continuous lies are a way to keep the nutcases around the country fired up and sending money towards the cause.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:38 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:51 am
It's because he's using it as a tactic to suck money from his base. I saw yesterday that they've already received over $140 million in donations to help "investigate" the voter fraud and keep him in office. There are no stipulation or rules behind any of it and the money will go directly to Trump and whomever else when it's all said and done. The continuous lies are a way to keep the nutcases around the country fired up and sending money towards the cause.
That makes sense. Both dangerous to the country and profitable for Trump himself. That's his MO.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Giuliani farts on cue:

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

that was mind boggling.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:08 pm
that was mind boggling.
That was the first time I saw that woman lawyer's fake, constant smile go away.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They shook cuz there ain't no such thing as halfway crooks.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.