2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:37 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:03 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:31 am
I love both of you guys. It's all good.
You're a good sport, in2. I talk a lot of trash but it's good to have interesting discussions here about these topics with everybody.
I feel blessed.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

Superbone

Post by Superbone » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 pm

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:37 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
You're a good sport, in2. I talk a lot of trash but it's good to have interesting discussions here about these topics with everybody.
I feel blessed.
You know what? My sons actually set me straight on this and I agree with them. If you just listen to the media, there seems to be only 2 factions and we're on complete opposite sides from each other with no middle ground. But if the entire country were to get together and intermingle and have person to person conversations, we're much more alike than we are different. In fact, it's too bad we can't do more of that.

I recently saw a 60 minutes piece where two groups, one democrats and the other republicans, somewhere in middle America got together and had conversations with each other. They found that they had much more common ground than they expected.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:31 pm

Everyone came together and agreed that they hate Ted Cruz.

BAMF

Post by BAMF » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:13 am

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:37 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I feel blessed.
You know what? My sons actually set me straight on this and I agree with them. If you just listen to the media, there seems to be only 2 factions and we're on complete opposite sides from each other with no middle ground. But if the entire country were to get together and intermingle and have person to person conversations, we're much more alike than we are different. In fact, it's too bad we can't do more of that.

I recently saw a 60 minutes piece where two groups, one democrats and the other republicans, somewhere in middle America got together and had conversations with each other. They found that they had much more common ground than they expected.
This

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 pm

Meanwhile, people are continuing to die in mass shootings and we as a nation continue to sit on our collective asses talking about how special we are while the Chinese are on the warpath, militarily, diplomatically, and technologically. We are getting our collective asses kicked and we don't even know it because we are so busy arguing with each other.

Biden's plan isn't big enough. We need nothing short of a national mobilization built around a new sense of unity. But I can't see us getting there.

We are going to have to get our noses blooded before we start getting a grip on reality.

Nodack

Post by Nodack » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:50 pm

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:27 pm
Meanwhile, people are continuing to die in mass shootings and we as a nation continue to sit on our collective asses talking about how special we are while the Chinese are on the warpath, militarily, diplomatically, and technologically. We are getting our collective asses kicked and we don't even know it because we are so busy arguing with each other.

Biden's plan isn't big enough. We need nothing short of a national mobilization built around a new sense of unity. But I can't see us getting there.

We are going to have to get our noses blooded before we start getting a grip on reality.
This +10,000

BAMF

Post by BAMF » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:51 pm

virtual9mm wrote:

Lets just hope the bloody nose is only that and not a severed head.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:59 pm

BAMF wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:51 pm
virtual9mm wrote:

Lets just hope the bloody nose is only that and not a severed head.
Yes, very much so.