2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:00 am
It took a while but I’m proud of my home state. They renounced that clown.
Well, .5% over half did. The other 49.5% embraced that evil clown. This isn't going away anytime soon. The shifting tides of "American identity" to one that is less and less white christian europeans brings out the racism in droves... and Trump said all the quiet stuff out loud and those that quietly felt that way before are emboldened to express it loudly now. Dark days are still ahead for this country.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Who’s up for moving to Georgia and helping to take the Senate?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans claimed Trump's 2016 victory, with 304 electoral votes and -3m popular vote, was a "landslide." It's funny to now watch them claim that Biden's 2020 victory, with 306 electoral votes and +5m popular vote, was a squeaker and he barely won (if at all).

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:16 am
Republicans claimed Trump's 2016 victory, with 304 electoral votes and -3m popular vote, was a "landslide." It's funny to now watch them claim that Biden's 2020 victory, with 306 electoral votes and +5m popular vote, was a squeaker and he barely won (if at all).
pretty sure he won 306, not 304. There were a couple faithless electors.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:47 am
I think you have to already be registered to vote there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:06 am
Superbone wrote:
Well, .5% over half did. The other 49.5% embraced that evil clown. This isn't going away anytime soon. The shifting tides of "American identity" to one that is less and less white christian europeans brings out the racism in droves... and Trump said all the quiet stuff out loud and those that quietly felt that way before are emboldened to express it loudly now. Dark days are still ahead for this country.
Hey, it's a start anyway.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:39 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:06 am
Superbone wrote:
Hey, it's a start anyway.
totally agree. it's a hell of a lot better than being 49.5 to 50.5 the other way.

(and I think the real tally is 49.4 to 49.1)

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 am
Cap wrote:
Dec. 5th is the deadline, there’s still time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 am
Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
Ah. I read that they were already accepting requests for early ballots and assumed the deadlines were the same. So are you moving?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:52 am
Cap wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 am
Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
Ah. I read that they were already accepting requests for early ballots and assumed the deadlines were the same. So are you moving?
Of course not. I’m a useless lazy piece of

Indy

Post by Indy »

pizza?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They would have to pay me a lot to move.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am still pretty worried about Trumps latest actions to remove Esper as Defense Secretary and replacing a lot of senior Pentagon people with FOX News commentators loyal to Trump all at the same time. The entire world is speculating what he is up to. A military coup to stay in power? I just saw this article that wonders if the US and Israel are planning on attacking Iran.

Are Israel and the US planning to attack Iran?
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/are-i ... ran-649030

In 2008, after the election that brought Barack Obama to power, in Israel there were some officials who were confident that President George W. Bush would not leave office with Iran’s nuclear facilities still standing. They were wrong. Iran’s nuclear facilities are not only still standing; they have grown in quality and quantity.
This is important to keep in mind amid speculation - once again during a presidential lame duck period – that in his last few weeks in office, Donald Trump will either order US military action against Iran or give Israel a green light as well as some assistance to do it on its own.

In addition, there is no doubt a lot of coordination already taking place on Iran. Elliott Abrams, the administration’s top envoy on Iran, was in Israel this week for talks with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu; Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will be here next week for three days to continue those conversations; and on Thursday night, IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Aviv Kochavi held a video call with his US counterpart, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs General Mark Milley.
And then there was the interview H.R. McMaster, Trump’s former national security adviser, gave Fox News on Wednesday in which he raised the possibility that Israel – fearful of President-elect Joe Biden’s Iran policies – would attack Iran in the twilight of Trump’s term in office.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It wouldn't surprise me in the least for Trump to start a war/conflict in the ME, just to leave it to Biden to inherit and then clean up. It would totally derail Biden's incoming plans and give Trump/Rs plenty of fodder to work with for the next 4 years. Hopefully there are some adults on both sides of the aisle and in the military/intelligence communities who would at least make the right people aware.

I've seen more than one quote about Trump "breaking things" because he lost and can't/won't accept it. This would certainly be that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Trump will EASILY go down as the most emotionally immature president EVER in United States history.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Finally some good news

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/president-tru ... 30671.html
President Donald Trump has installed Rudy Giuliani to lead the legal efforts he has mounted to resuscitate his failed bid for a second term in office, a move that comes after a series of court defeats Friday, two sources told ABC News.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump is now something like 1-17 in court after losing 7 cases yesterday alone in PA. And the one case he did win was about some technicality in counting a small stack of ~700 votes based on some kind of date eligibility, not fraud. It's becoming obvious that none of these cases has anywhere near the ability to overturn a single result from the election or to demonstrate anything resembling voter fraud or malfeasance.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Jan 6th can't get here soon enough

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:34 am
Trump is now something like 1-17 in court after losing 7 cases yesterday alone in PA. And the one case he did win was about some technicality in counting a small stack of ~700 votes based on some kind of date eligibility, not fraud. It's becoming obvious that none of these cases has anywhere near the ability to overturn a single result from the election or to demonstrate anything resembling voter fraud or malfeasance.
Nah, it all just shows that he's the poorest loser in history. He likes his TV shows. He has became one:

The Biggest Loser
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hard to believe someone that evil could become President of the United States.