2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:30 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 pm
I think that’s the whole idea. They didn’t try to make it fair. They are meeting force with overwhelming force.

Force concentration is the practice of concentrating a military force so as to bring to bear such overwhelming force against a portion of an enemy force that the disparity between the two forces alone acts as a force multiplier in favour of the concentrated forces.
Why would you need air support? Who the f has an air force that's going to attack DC? I know some militias might have some moderate fire power, but give me a break.

On a separate not, do you often spell favor as favour?
You know that air support does not have to mean you are engaging enemy targets in the air. It means you have air support. So if you have to move troops quickly, you put them on a helicopter and move them around. Or if you need to keep an eye on things, you have drones flying over head to get live feeds.
Of course, you're right, but this also includes fighter jets.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:30 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 pm
I think that’s the whole idea. They didn’t try to make it fair. They are meeting force with overwhelming force.

Force concentration is the practice of concentrating a military force so as to bring to bear such overwhelming force against a portion of an enemy force that the disparity between the two forces alone acts as a force multiplier in favour of the concentrated forces.
Why would you need air support? Who the f has an air force that's going to attack DC? I know some militias might have some moderate fire power, but give me a break.

On a separate not, do you often spell favor as favour?
Do you often spell note as not? ;)
Hopefully Not too often, haha. I'm no English major, but I was curious when I saw it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:59 pm
All media on the right is saying don't go to the Capitol, don't go to your state Capitol, as it looks like there is a false flag setup coming for anyone that goes, calling for no violence or anything dumb. I don't think anyone is going to go at all. If there is, they will be very small amount, but why would they go with 30K troops and everything else? That makes zero sense. Maybe you guys don't quite understand how many that is?

This is more than enough to keep them safe. This is overkill to the Nth degree.
And it's all because Donald FUCKING Trump wouldn't shut the fuck up about his baseless voter fraud every fucking minute on Twitter getting his nutcase base into a violence filled frenzy.

None of this conversation would be happening and none of these fears would exist if he would have just accepted defeat like every President before him. He's an egotistic narcissist that can't stand the prospect of losing anything. He started this frenzy fighting the election and the results well before the ballots were even cast and continued non-stop. Getting every case by his own appointed judges thrown out.

Fuck Donald Trump. Not just, by far, the worst President of the United States. One of the worst people, period.
He started it before he was elected the first time.
"Be Legendary."

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:08 pm
They just caught some guy from Virginia trying to sneak into DC with 500+ rounds of ammo, guns, and a fake ID making it look like he was invited to the inauguration.

Man, I am really worried that a Trumper is going to assassinate Biden, Kamala, Pelosi, AOC, Ilhan Omar, or some other prominent Democrat soon. It just feels like it is heading in that direction. I'm worried for their safety.
He wasn't trying to sneak in...he was a private security guard and it wasn't a fake ID, it was invalid credentials for the area he tried to enter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/be ... story.html

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

BigLewy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
They just caught some guy from Virginia trying to sneak into DC with 500+ rounds of ammo, guns, and a fake ID making it look like he was invited to the inauguration.

Man, I am really worried that a Trumper is going to assassinate Biden, Kamala, Pelosi, AOC, Ilhan Omar, or some other prominent Democrat soon. It just feels like it is heading in that direction. I'm worried for their safety.
He wasn't trying to sneak in...he was a private security guard and it wasn't a fake ID, it was invalid credentials for the area he tried to enter.

That's great. The news sure loves to be first with everything so badly for the sake of views they don't even let the situation play out most of the time.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:26 pm
BigLewy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

That's great. The news sure loves to be first with everything so badly for the sake of views they don't even let the situation play out most of the time.
And that's exactly why people don't trust the media. Be the first to report the story, actual facts be damned. All about the sensationalist headlines.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn’t see what hardware they were talking about. My step dad was a mechanic for the Phoenix Police Air Support Unit. That’s what they called their helicopter fleet. I would imagine more air support means more helicopters overhead, not B-52’s flying bombing sorties.

https://www.phoenix.gov/police/help/air-support

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It is sad that it's come to this. I hear that DC looks like frightening and dystopian with so many soldiers and military vehicles all around. And then, what, they all just leave the day after the inauguration? It feels like overcompensation. I guess they just want to convince the MAGA army not to show up and even try anything?

I just wish we could get back to being a country where we could disagree with each other without wanting to literally kill the other person.

Indy

Post by Indy »

BigLewy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:40 pm

And that's exactly why people don't trust the media. Be the first to report the story, actual facts be damned. All about the sensationalist headlines.
Did you really just post an article from the media reporting the truth about the issue while also saying this is why people don't trust the media?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:51 am
BigLewy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:40 pm

Did you really just post an article from the media reporting the truth about the issue while also saying this is why people don't trust the media?
How else would you do it? Who would you post? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:19 pm
I thought this an appropriate place to put this. https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/lincoln-p ... en-report/

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I've yet to see anything other than that tweet refuting the situation. Even that article, behind a paywall, simply says the guy claims he was lost and didn't realize he had ammo on him?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What motivates the motivated reasoning of pro-Trump conspiracists?

New study suggests a desire to see society focus on men helps drive support.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/01 ... piracists/

Good read. Seems appropriate. Most of the biggest Trump supporters I personally know devalue women and don't seem then as equal to men.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

MyPillow nerd got a cease and desist from Dominion which had me wondering where all the "rigged election" and "stop the steal" BS went. Not a story anymore? No more rigged elections and voting machines? No more Venezuela? No more collecting machines as evidence from voting sites? No more affidavits from poll workers claiming voter fraud? No more boxes of ballots being hidden underneath tables? Where'd all that evidence go?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

There is none and never has been.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 pm
MyPillow nerd got a cease and desist from Dominion which had me wondering where all the "rigged election" and "stop the steal" BS went. Not a story anymore? No more rigged elections and voting machines? No more Venezuela? No more collecting machines as evidence from voting sites? No more affidavits from poll workers claiming voter fraud? No more boxes of ballots being hidden underneath tables? Where'd all that evidence go?
Once liars have to put up or shut up, they shut up.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:03 pm
ShelC wrote:
... unfortunately, my mom never did😞

Real talk though; part of why Trump's narcissism has bothered me so much personally is because I was born into and bred in that kind of dynamic. In my professional experience, only sociopaths have given me more pause than those with NPD.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:11 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:03 pm
ShelC wrote:
... unfortunately, my mom never did😞

Real talk though; part of why Trump's narcissism has bothered me so much personally is because I was born into and bred in that kind of dynamic. In my professional experience, only sociopaths have given me more pause than those with NPD.
I think that is the right order, and they are close.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tomorrow is going to be a groan-worthy day as Trump intends to pardon dozens of questionable characters. Prepare to be angry, one last time...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Do your worst Trump.

Trump has been doing some last second sneaky weird BS installing Trump loyalists in high positions in such places as the CIA.