2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Everything I have seen makes this a pre planned attack. Trump planned the “Save America” protest/rally to coincide with the counting of the votes many days ahead. He held his rally to fire up all his people. He had Guiliani, Don Jr. Etc. warm ip the crowd saying inflammatory rhetoric like “This will be a trial by combat” “Anyone who doesn’t vote against certification, we will show up in your backyard and we will have fun doing it”. Then Trump comes on as the main event.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/us/t ... -riot.html

“Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we’re going to have to fight much harder. …

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn’t listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he’s listening to.”

“I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so, because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. … And I actually — I just spoke to Mike. I said: ‘Mike, that doesn’t take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage.’”

“I also want to thank our 13 most courageous members of the U.S. Senate, Senator Ted Cruz, Senator Ron Johnson, Senator Josh Hawley. … Senators have stepped up. We want to thank them. I actually think, though, it takes, again, more courage not to step up, and I think a lot of those people are going to find that out. And you better start looking at your leadership, because your leadership has led you down the tubes.”

“We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal. …

“You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen. These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media. It’s all part of the suppression effort. They don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to talk about it. …

“We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Everything I have seen makes this a pre planned attack
Absolutely a planned attack. This was a cross between 9/11 and Benghazi. The signs were there, tons of communications and warnings online, FBI saw it coming and warned of unrest but no one did anything, they had their date picked out of 1/6 because that was probably perceived as the last possible date to stop Biden. We have our own homegrown, radicalized terrorists plotting things the same way Al-Qaeda and ISIS do. But they're white Americans and Trump supporters so someone, somewhere thought "it's fine, they're friendlies. Nothing will happen".

BTW the officer in that "staged" video with the mob chasing after him is going to be honored. If only they all knew it was a sham. They even call the mob "Trump's supporters" and not "Antifa" smh

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lawmakers-int ... 29123.html
Three members of Congress introduced a bill Thursday to honor U.S. Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman with the Congressional Gold Medal "for his bravery and quick thinking," when President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol last week.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:46 am
Everything I have seen makes this a pre planned attack
Absolutely a planned attack. This was a cross between 9/11 and Benghazi. The signs were there, tons of communications and warnings online, FBI saw it coming and warned of unrest but no one did anything, they had their date picked out of 1/6 because that was probably perceived as the last possible date to stop Biden. We have our own homegrown, radicalized terrorists plotting things the same way Al-Qaeda and ISIS do. But they're white Americans and Trump supporters so someone, somewhere thought "it's fine, they're friendlies. Nothing will happen".

BTW the officer in that "staged" video with the mob chasing after him is going to be honored. If only they all knew it was a sham. They even call the mob "Trump's supporters" and not "Antifa" smh

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lawmakers-int ... 29123.html
Three members of Congress introduced a bill Thursday to honor U.S. Capitol Police Officer Eugene Goodman with the Congressional Gold Medal "for his bravery and quick thinking," when President Donald Trump's supporters stormed the Capitol last week.
is this sarcasm?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It is.

Indy

Post by Indy »

i am sorry i asked shel.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Apparently there were no Trump supporters there that day. It was all tens of thousands of antifa posing as Trump supporters. They went out and spent a bunch of money on Trump paraphernalia, flags and bombs so they could blend in. All the Trump supporters stayed home and crocheted quilts for the homeless.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:52 am
Apparently there were no Trump supporters there that day. It was all tens of thousands of antifa posing as Trump supporters. They went out and spent a bunch of money on Trump paraphernalia, flags and bombs so they could blend in. All the Trump supporters stayed home and crocheted quilts for the homeless.
Who said that Nodack? I know you are being sarcastic, but it's a little over the top, so you must have someone that said that. This is a sarcasm safe zone.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 am
Nodack wrote:
Who said that Nodack? I know you are being sarcastic, but it's a little over the top, so you must have someone that said that. This is a sarcasm safe zone.
he didn't say someone said that, just like you didn't say you believed the CIA and BLM is behind it all. Just, people are saying.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 am
Nodack wrote:
he didn't say someone said that, just like you didn't say you believed the CIA and BLM is behind it all. Just, people are saying.
Thanks for responding Indy, even though the question was directed specifically towards Nodack. I have specific people in mind that said that the Sullivan brothers are CIA assets. I'm not going to say who that was, just that I heard it said. I'm sure you'll jump to any conclusion you desire from that, so be it. I'm not claiming for sure that I know exactly who started it. I'm not in law enforcement and I certainly haven't seen all the evidence. Thanks for allowing me to clarify that.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Of all people here, I am not the one jumping to wild conclusions.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"I heard..."
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't believe in debunking every ridiculous thing being posted here. But I did some googling and reading about that Sullivan fellow, and I think it's unclear what the heck he is up to or who his "side" is. He apparently he goes around claiming to be a left-wing activist, showing up at various protests and meetings, but he often doesn't know anybody there and is quick to try to insert himself and grab attention and push for his own name to be prominent. Then he'll say or do outlandish things that the group didn't approve of, and then the group will push him out, and then he'll move on. He seems to bounce around trying to associate himself with protest groups but usually wears out his welcome. He is based in SLC, Utah, and his brother has ties to right-wing causes.

I don't support this Sullivan guy, and he sounds like he isn't any ally of well-intentioned Democrats or left-leaning protestors. I can't find any left group that supports or includes him warmly; everyone seems to disavow him and not want to be associated with him. Using Sullivan as some kind of proof that Antifa / blm / "the left" (insert scary noises) were really behind the 1/6 riot is preposterous and does not hold up to the slightest scrutiny. Countless people in the Capitol were proudly displaying MAGA/Trump gear, Confederate flags, etc. and loudly and proudly proclaimed their devotion to those causes for years on public social media. These were not Antifa people. Anybody who thinks 1/6 was a violent Antifa riot is stuck in a disinformation bubble.

Sources:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... tivist-an/
John Sullivan, an activist from Utah, joined supporters of President Donald Trump who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. He said he was trying to document what happened.

There’s no evidence that Sullivan “incited (the) insurgence” alone amid a crowd of thousands. Video he uploaded online shows his perspective as he filmed.

Sullivan denied any affiliation to the broad antifa coalition, although he has posted related hashtags on his Twitter accounts. There remains no legitimate evidence that the mob at the Capitol was infiltrated or led by antifa activists in disguise.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/1 ... iot-459553

Indy

Post by Indy »

Using Sullivan as some kind of proof that Antifa / blm / "the left" (insert scary noises) were really behind the 1/6 riot is preposterous and does not hold up to the slightest scrutiny.
The affidavit that was posted above and I commented on was pretty clear. He runs an org (it may only be him in the org, there isn't any evidence either way) called Insurgence USA. So he clearly identifies as someone against government. That probably puts him in the 'anarchist' group and not an anti-fascist group.

The but the affidavit does call out this affiliation, and DOES NOT call out any others. No BLM. No Antifa. No Proud Boys.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Oops.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ement.html
American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump. These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact.
it goes on a bit longer, backtracking pretty fast.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 pm
Oops.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ement.html
American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump. These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.

These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact.
it goes on a bit longer, backtracking pretty fast.
I don't think they have the budget to fight this suit. I'd backtrack like crazy too if I knew that the lawyer fees alone would sink the publication, whether I believed it or not.

BTW, permit me to brag on my youngest brother, who's been published in the American Thinker a couple times and just had his first book come out recently on the tragedy of Veteran Suicide.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:41 pm
I don't think they have the budget to fight this suit. I'd backtrack like crazy too if I knew that the lawyer fees alone would sink the publication, whether I believed it or not.

BTW, permit me to brag on my youngest brother, who's been published in the American Thinker a couple times and just had his first book come out recently on the tragedy of Veteran Suicide.
It's a potential defamation suit. Truth would be an absolute defense, just like it is in any defamation suit. If they were unsure of the truth of what they were printing, then they shouldn't have printed it, or at the very least they should have retracted what they printed once the information they had initially relied on was shown to be untrue. This seems to me like really poor journalistic practice.

Congratulations to your brother on his book. Suicide is a major problem that gets pushed into the shadows because it's so difficult to talk about. I have lost two members of my extended family to it over the course of the last few years, and suicidal ideation is a significant feature of my own particular form of depression. I hope his book is able to help some people out.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

BKinSJC wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:41 pm

It's a potential defamation suit. Truth would be an absolute defense, just like it is in any defamation suit. If they were unsure of the truth of what they were printing, then they shouldn't have printed it, or at the very least they should have retracted what they printed once the information they had initially relied on was shown to be untrue. This seems to me like really poor journalistic practice.

Congratulations to your brother on his book. Suicide is a major problem that gets pushed into the shadows because it's so difficult to talk about. I have lost two members of my extended family to it over the course of the last few years, and suicidal ideation is a significant feature of my own particular form of depression. I hope his book is able to help some people out.
Agreed on the defamation suit.

Thank you, and I hope it helps too. Don't ever give in to those thoughts.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So it looks like the MyPillow guy is involved in the next coup attempt because the first one didn't work out so well?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have cancelled having any public at Biden’s inauguration because of the threat from Trump supporters.