2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

At this point it’s all just a lot of white noise. Biden’s highest polling has come from FOX News of all places.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Trump statement seems to make it clear that Trump knows what he wanted done on 1/6 was to overturn an election result.

Indy

Post by Indy »

but nothing will happen to him

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh. So multiple US Senators (GOP) are in on it. Why has nobody been arrested for this yet?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So having a plan or wanting to use the NSA or creating separate electorates but not actually following through with either of them is grounds to be arrested? Now, I'm not a lawyer or affiliated with any law enforcement, so let's see how that plays out, because it feels like it would set new precedent. I'm not saying that it isn't bad or disturbing. Whoever was coming up with that plan is not exactly the kind of person you would want with any real power.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Um, yes. Conspiracy to commit a crime is a crime. You think if you plan to rob a bank, get everything lined up, but are stopped before you can carry it out they just let you go home?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I guess we'll see how it plays out. I'll be curious if they get arrested too.

Indy

Post by Indy »

they are not going to arrest sitting senators. they are above the law.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:52 am
they are not going to arrest sitting senators. they are above the law.
That's what's wrong with our political system. That should never be the case. We shouldn't have royalty or titles that become rules for them and rules for us.

Indy

Post by Indy »

we have never been anything but a "them and us" society in this country.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sadly, you are so right about that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Isn’t that just about every society? The haves want to keep what they have and have the power to make sure they do. Sharing is a fairytale we teach kids until they turn 10, then they start to figure out a different philosophy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

yes

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still hold out some hope that the 1/6 commission is going to serve some criminal indictments and actually bust some guys. Including the former guy. I wouldn't say I am confident in it, but I have not given up hope that justice will be served. They better hurry their asses up about it, though, since the whole thing will be dismantled the instant the GOP wins the House in the midterms.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t have much hope that anything will come of it. We all know what happened and who was behind it. Even the most die hard Trump supporters know who was behind it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I keep saying this, but Beer Hall Putsch. History repeats itself.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think anyone would be making any amazing predictions that if the Reps sweep the midterms that this Jan 6th commission is going kept together, but with new people on it. Then it will be turned right around on Pelosi, the Capitol police, and the FBI.
We might find out why Pelosi rejected the offer of National Guard.
Who turned off the magnetic door locks to the Capitol and told the guards to stand back and let them through.
We might get to the bottom of who Ray Epps is, who he is working for, and why he hasn't been arrested.
We also might find out why they haven't found out who planted the bombs at the RNC and DNC, when they have them on camera and see him/her using their cell phone, which can be obviously be tracked.
We might get to the bottom of why those that have been arrested are being treated so badly in DC jail, and why they haven't been afforded a quick trial, as it says is their right.
We also might get to the bottom of why BLM & Antifa activist John Sullivan said the day before that they were going to get in the Capitol, and why he and his people still haven't been arrested.
We might also get the 14K hours of video that hasn't been released actually released.
Perhaps we find out just how many FBI were in the crowd and egging them on.
Perhaps we find out the truth behind the killing of Ashli Babbitt.

Indy

Post by Indy »

it is so disappointing that you believe that shit.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What? That the Reps will turn the Jan 6th commission around? All the other stuff, I said maybe we'll get to the bottom of it.