2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
O_Gardino

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by O_Gardino »

Happy Cap day!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

CNN currently doing a segment on AZ. Looking good!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AZ has been the election star in this election. I have to say this has been the most exciting Presidential election I have ever seen in my lifetime. A lesson in it’s not over until it’s over. It looked like it was going to be an easy Trump win late in the election night. I go to bed pretty bummed. I wake up and Biden had gotten closer and I had a little more hope. I was so proud AZ was picking Biden. FOX news wrote off AZ as a Biden win early. Now Trump is edging closer and it’s getting close enough to not call. Pennsylvania looked Trump all the way. Now Biden has pulled really close. Georgia at this moment has the candidates .1% apart 2500 votes difference. I have been glued to the TV since I got home this evening. It’s like double OT in a B-Ball game. AZ won’t dump another large batch of votes until 9am tomorrow.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I feel like the longer this drags out, the more likely Trump, Barr and the other garbage are going to look to toss votes in recounts to get their way or pul some other shady shit. He's doing exactly what's been expected in a close race sowing mistrust, accusing the election of being rigged, mass voter fraud, riling up his base.

I hope I'm wrong.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t think they have the power to change votes or throw them out. They have tried everything they could legally and failed. Trumps supporters haven’t had any effect on vote counting. Trump is trying real hard to scream fraud but, we all knew that was coming because he’s Trump. Trump supporters will believe Trump of course and he might be able to get them to act violent but, even that won’t change the vote.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just need to secure Nevada, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona. That makes it too big of a Biden win for trumps shenanigans to work imo.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:14 pm
I feel like the longer this drags out, the more likely Trump, Barr and the other garbage are going to look to toss votes in recounts to get their way or pul some other shady shit. He's doing exactly what's been expected in a close race sowing mistrust, accusing the election of being rigged, mass voter fraud, riling up his base.

I hope I'm wrong.
I'm with you. This is all making me increasingly more uncomfortable.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

ShelC wrote:

I hope I'm wrong.

Nevada Republican Party sends criminal referral to DOJ alleging thousands of cases of voter fraud
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... -thousands

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:41 pm
ShelC wrote:

I hope I'm wrong.

Nevada Republican Party sends criminal referral to DOJ alleging thousands of cases of voter fraud
Sounds like a nothingburger. The mere fact that somebody filed a change of address form doesn’t mean they’re not eligible to vote in the state. If that’s all they have, they have nothing.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Cap wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:57 pm
Nodack wrote:
ShelC wrote:

I hope I'm wrong.
Sounds like a nothingburger. The mere fact that somebody filed a change of address form doesn’t mean they’re not eligible to vote in the state. If that’s all they have, they have nothing.
How was your birthday!?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Biden takes the lead in Georgia and Pennsylvania! Hopefully this is over today.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Cap wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:57 pm
Nodack wrote:
ShelC wrote:

I hope I'm wrong.
How was your birthday!?
Kinda depressing, truth be told.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Joe Biden is winning this thing.

The Trump nightmare is about to be over.

They can complain about made-up fraud and cheating, but ultimately they don't have any power to overturn a lawful election. They lost.

Joe Biden is our 46th President.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Let’s gooooooooo

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have been hearing a strange noises all night and I just figured out what it was. It was some fat lady warming up her vocal chords.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I thought this guy was in jail for stealing the “Build The Wall” funds.

Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon says he ‘wants Fauci and FBI boss Wray “BEHEADED”’ in disgusting attack

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1752419/tr ... -beheaded/

Bannon started off by saying that Trump’s “second term kicks off with firing Wray, firing Fauci.”

“Now I actually want to go a step farther but the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man. I want to go back to the old times of Tudor England,” the former Trump aide said.

“I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I would put them on the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats—you either get with the program or you’re gone. Time to stop playing games.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's been banned from Twitter and had Youtube videos taken down apparently. He needs to be in prison. And Alex Jones in riling up the MAGAs in AZ. They want a civil war. There's no low with these types and what they'll do or say. People are starting to feel good and celebrate over Georgia and PA but I won't feel good until Biden's hand is on the Bible being sworn in. Trump will do anything to survive. And even if he leaves the WH, he nor the extreme right are going away.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He gone.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I really enjoyed Bill Maher tonight.