2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:35 pm
Yes, he has a history of talking up bullshit in the past. But did you hear the bullshit he has to say today? Wow, we should take a look at that!

Again, what reality are you living in?
How do you know it's BS? Seriously, were you there?
Were you?

You quickly dismiss the credibility of anyone who disputes your perspective, yet another person who's proven to propagate lies in the past is worthy of acknowledging.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Yes, he has a history of talking up bullshit in the past. But did you hear the bullshit he has to say today? Wow, we should take a look at that!

Neither were you. A guy with romantic ties to a foreign agent of Russia is your source of bullshit?! And you're going to take his word on what he saw, though he's shared no actual data, no screenshots, none of this information he's talking about other than a blurb about election data flowing real-time. But hey, he didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat so he has no agenda.

Tell me more about Maria Butina In2ition...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Twitter has locked Trump's account. About fucking time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:11 pm
My discernment is in question, and apparently I shouldn't be allowed to use the computer box and look on dem interwebs thingys.

Have any of you followed Patrick Byrne and what he's been doing? The founder of Overstock.com and one of the developers of blockchain. Not a Dem or a Republican, never voted for either party. I just saw this. He has some interesting things he's been tracking on the election fraud. There are some interesting things in the comments too, but you might need to be instructed in appropriate sources, like CNN, MSNBC, NYT, Washington Post, Bloomberg News, ect.
I'm not sure what's hard to understand - what evidence?

Trump's had month's - and literally 100's of millions of $'s taken from his supporters - to produce something tangible and couldn't so to think conspiratorial twitter chat is somehow the gotcha / missing link is as stupid, if not worse, than the garbage Trump's lawyers offered up in court.

And Ockham's Razor again - is Trump more likely to be inciting violence because he's a defender of freedom with nothing but positive intentions or he's trying to stay in power because he's got something to hide? Or even that his aren't violence inciting words aren't violence inciting? Or the Alex Jones, Bill Mitchell and other pro-Trump twitter nut bars are the good guys?

Nothing you're suggesting makes logical sense.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:11 pm
Twitter has locked Trump's account. About fucking time.
Facebook and YouTube as well now - it's a conspiracyyyyy...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Neither were you. A guy with romantic ties to a foreign agent of Russia is your source of bullshit?! And you're going to take his word on what he saw, though he's shared no actual data, no screenshots, none of this information he's talking about other than a blurb about election data flowing real-time. But hey, he didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat so he has no agenda.

Tell me more about Maria Butina In2ition...
Omg, I outed myself as Maria Butina. Danggg. :oops:
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

These ANTIFA guys are dangerous.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Oh look it's a verified Trump supporter who stole the letter from Pelosi's office .. but do tell me more about how it's a conspiracy and really it's Antifa who stormed the Capitol.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:38 pm
Oh look it's a verified Trump supporter who stole the letter from Pelosi's office .. but do tell me more about how it's a conspiracy and really it's Antifa who stormed the Capitol.

I didn't say that there were some dumb@$$ Trump supporters following along like "dum dee dum..." then think it's a free for all. I have no doubt that there were some. The lady that was killed was a Trump supporter and 14 yr veteran too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

So despite documented evidence of trump supporters illegally breaking and entering the capitol to stop the vote for President, they were not incited by Trump or his supporters, but anti-fascists. got it.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump is evil. He needs to be removed right away. It was Antifa people pretending to be Trump supporters? Sorry, no. Even Republicans were talking about impeachment today. At first I thought why? He’s gone in two weeks? Then I thought of how much damage he could do in two weeks and I thought about if you are impeached you cannot run for office again and thought it might be a good idea. Trump didn’t incite the crowd? Sorry, yes he did. He only told them to come to DC on this date that just happened to be the EC certification date and told them to “protest wildly”. Then he held a rally that morning to fire them all up to march on the Capital but, no Trump had nothing to do with it at all.

There is no debate. Trump is Satan and Satan shouldn’t be the leader of the free world.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Why is anyone surprised? They have been doing this shit in places like Michigan and have sent out pipe bombs galore.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Officials discussing 25th Amendment for Trump following violence at Capitol
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... iolence-at

Trump, at a rally on the White House Ellipse, further stoked the flames of conspiracy by once again falsely insisting that he had won the 2020 presidential election. He urged his supporters to march to the Capitol and make their voices heard.

The National Association of Manufacturers, a trade group that has enjoyed influence in the Trump administration, also issued a statement saying Pence “should seriously consider working with the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to preserve democracy.”

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) referred to Trump as a “demagogue who chose to spread falsehoods” in remarks on the Senate floor Wednesday night as Congress reconvened to count Electoral College votes. Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said in a statement that Trump “bears responsibility for today’s events by promoting the unfounded conspiracy theories that have led to this point.”

In subsequent statements, Trump called for peace but at no point condemned the violence initiated by his supporters. Instead, he appeared to approve of it, calling his backers “great patriots” who were responding to the election and telling the rioters to “Remember this day forever!”

Three White House aides subsequently resigned on Wednesday, with additional departures expected in the coming days.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/el ... e-d122825f
Mattis says assault on Capitol was "fomented by Mr. Trump"
Former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, the president's first secretary of defense, said Mr. Trump is responsible for the attack on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of his supporters.

"Today's violent assault on our Capitol, an effort to subjugate American democracy by mob rule, was fomented by Mr. Trump," Mattis said in a statement. "His use of the presidency to destroy trust in our election and to poison our respect for fellow citizens has been enabled by pseudo political leaders whose names will live in infamy as profiles in cowardice."

Mattis said that while the Constitution and the nation will "overcome this stain," and the American people will unite, the president will "deservedly be left a man without a country."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump's deputy national security adviser resigns as other top officials consider quitting over Capitol riot
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics ... index.html
President Donald Trump's deputy national security adviser Matt Pottinger resigned Wednesday afternoon in response to Trump's reaction to a mob of his supporters breaching the US Capitol, a person close to Pottinger confirms to CNN.

Several of Trump's top national security aides -- including national security adviser Robert O'Brien -- are considering resigning in the wake of his response to a day of chaos and violence, according to multiple sources familiar with their thinking.

Deputy chief of staff Chris Liddell is also considering resigning, according to the sources.

Stephanie Grisham, the former White House communications director and press secretary and current chief of staff for first lady Melania Trump, submitted her resignation Wednesday afternoon, effective immediately, in the wake of the violent protests, a White House official says.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/05/politics ... index.html
Cleta Mitchell, a lawyer who assisted President Donald Trump on the January 2 call when Trump pressured Georgia officials to "find" him votes, has resigned from her law firm.

National law firm Foley & Lardner previously said it was "concerned" with Mitchell's involvement in Trump's call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, and said the firm wasn't engaged in any legal work challenging the election results. Tuesday, it announced Mitchell was no longer with the firm.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

A Tweet. I don’t know if it’s true or not but,

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump just pledged to an orderly transition of power to Biden right after the EC votes were finalized early am.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The attempt to overthrow the election is over. Congress has accepted the electoral college votes. Joe Biden is the 46th President. Even Trump has been forced to admit that there will be an "orderly transition of power" via a statement he put out on Twitter via his goon Dan Shapiro. It's over.