2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Charlie Smithy!

2020 Election Thread

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Hmm.

Mori Chu

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm going to have a heart attack.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ugghhhhhhhhhhh....

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

It’s not looking good for Biden. My stomach is in knots

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:14 pm
It's important to remember that it will take a long time to count all the ballots. A lot of mail-in ballots have yet to be counted. Many states won't announce definitive results until tomorrow or later.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:27 pm
Wally_West wrote:
It's important to remember that it will take a long time to count all the ballots. A lot of mail-in ballots have yet to be counted. Many states won't announce definitive results until tomorrow or later.
My main problem is this overwhelming feeling is that if it’s too close, Trump will steal this through legal challenges.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:37 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
My main problem is this overwhelming feeling is that if it’s too close, Trump will steal this through legal challenges.
Ding. I need to see Biden win this in a landslide. This isn't feeling good at all. Heavy gloom is weighing on me right now.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The country has never been more divided. What made you guys think this election would show anything else?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:52 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:37 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Ding. I need to see Biden win this in a landslide. This isn't feeling good at all. Heavy gloom is weighing on me right now.
There is no landslide. It is going to be very close. Arizona doing it’s part through 76% of the votes in. We probably won’t know the results until tomorrow at the earliest. Coming down to four states including AZ.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Georgia might be throwing their hat in the rink too! Biden needs 3 of Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Georgia. I guess North Carolina still there too. Arizona looks solid, the others seem like they’ll take awhile to get through the absentee/mail in ballots.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:12 pm
Georgia might be throwing their hat in the rink too! Biden needs 3 of Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Georgia. I guess North Carolina still there too. Arizona looks solid, the others seem like they’ll take awhile to get through the absentee/mail in ballots.
Yes, I’m hearing some positive things about Georgia. Come on, Atlanta!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Biden caught trump in Michigan and wisconsin. If that holds he’ll win

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm proud to be an Arizonan today. Seeing the electoral votes from AZ going to Biden, Kelly wining and ousting McSally. Maybe there is hope here in AZ.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:20 am
I'm proud to be an Arizonan today. Seeing the electoral votes from AZ going to Biden, Kelly wining and ousting McSally. Maybe there is hope here in AZ.
In addition, the state house is now equally divided (if results/trends hold) and the state senate is almost equally divided (14/16 split). Final votes are not in yet, but that is a good sign.

The overall US House seats in AZ are now 6 Ds and 3 Rs.

On the bad signs, Q supporter Andy Biggs was re-elected.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:20 am
Yes, very proud of my home state!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 am
On the bad signs, Q supporter Andy Biggs was re-elected.
How is that even possible? I really don't get it.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Me too! I went to bed late and it looked like Trump had it wrapped up. Mich, Wis, Nev, Pa, Maine looked like Trump victories. Biden caught up while I was sleeping and now we have a messy super close legal nightmare stage about to begin that hopefully doesn’t go to the Supreme Court that has just been upgraded to an arm of the Republican party.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:51 am
Me too! I went to bed late and it looked like Trump had it wrapped up. Mich, Wis, Nev, Pa, Maine looked like Trump victories. Biden caught up while I was sleeping and now we have a messy super close legal nightmare stage about to begin that hopefully doesn’t go to the Supreme Court that has just been upgraded to an arm of the Republican party.
I stayed up until 3 a.m. PT. I was happy I could go to bed knowing there was a good shot. I guess AZ is still not official, right?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think this is election proved how divided this country really is. No real excuse for the Dems this time. Joe wasn't the greatest candidate, but he was solid enough that he should've easily taken PA, MI, WI. The fact that he's really all the Dems had says a lot. Still, he wasn't Hillary, he campaigned aggressively, people knew who Trump was and what he's about; they've seen the lies, the corruption, the mishandling of Coronavirus and from what I've seen there was little to no foreign interference, or at least if there was, people were more aware and not falling for it. There was no "blue wave" like some were predicting (just like there wasn't in 2018) and even if Biden wins, it will be by such a slim margin that you can't really feel good about where we're at. And in McConnell has the Senate, he'll just block everything anyway.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Agreed. Leaves me worried for our country's future.
"Be Legendary."