2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:31 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:26 pm
Wait, I'm confused. So now it's legit?
Can you clarify, what do you mean by "it"? What is legit?
The forensic audit is what I was referring to. Isn't that what you were rolling on the floor laughing about?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, I am rolling on the floor laughing at the Cyber Ninja 🥷 audit/recall vote. A 100% partisan audit by anti Dem pro Trump people that are not in any way experts at anything said Biden won the election by more votes than we thought. I thought for sure they would say Trump won by 110% of the vote or all the Biden votes came from China because nobody would have voted for Biden because Trump had more people at his rallies. The whole thing is a sham. You as a Republican will have a totally different point of view I’m sure. It’s all BS to me.

Trump has never accepted any loss in his entire lifetime and certainly not one this big. He will continue to erode people’s faith in their government for his own personal gain because he lacks the ability to accept defeat as a result of his massive ego.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did you actually watch the presentation? You seem to think that this was a big self own and running a victory lap thinking you are dunking on me or Reps for some reason. The whole thing makes me sad.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:01 pm
Did you actually watch the presentation? You seem to think that this was a big self own and running a victory lap thinking you are dunking on me or Reps for some reason. The whole thing makes me sad.
I am just sick of the made up BS by Republicans. The whole fraud steal thing is ludicrous and has been proven over and over and over and over to be BS. Everyone on planet earth knows Trump doesn’t like to lose and made up the steal BS. Anyone that has had anything to do with the election in any official capacity says the steal thing is total BS. The courts said it was BS. The lawyers that presented all the BS say it was BS. Trump cannot post on ANY social media because he is a serial liar.

There is no victory lap. This is the darkest time in US history in my lifetime. Democrats are a little nuts. Republicans are completely detached from any sort of reality mostly thanks to Trump and his “alt facts”.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
It isn't a self own, because the people that forced this to happen aren't going to pay for a penny of it. Instead, us tax payers are going to pay millions to clean up this mess and pay hundreds of thousands to "cyber ninjas" to do a job they were not qualified to do.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

All while gathering intel on how to corrupt the next election?

Indy

Post by Indy »

3rdside wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:29 pm
All while gathering intel on how to corrupt the next election?
well the good news is they are so inept at this, they didn't learn much. I mean they spent nearly 6 months, after they said they could do it in 6 weeks, and still had findings like "most ballots were cured right AFTER election day, instead of a normal distribution across the entire voting period." They said that like it was a gotcha. I mean, OF COURSE most ballots are cured right after election day. You only have a few days after election day to cure it when they say your signature didn't match close enough. So you go prove you are you, and the ballot is cured. idiocy.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

There has to be an angle .. I think Maddow was talking about it

Indy

Post by Indy »

3rdside wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:08 pm
There has to be an angle .. I think Maddow was talking about it
Fann is pretty stupid, as is Rogers. So I am not sure they have much of an angle besides "I want to be Trumpy!" And of course the ninjas got paid boatloads of cash for doing very little. But they are probably going to get another contract from some other stupid state senate in the future and cash in again.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:27 pm
In2ition wrote:
It isn't a self own, because the people that forced this to happen aren't going to pay for a penny of it. Instead, us tax payers are going to pay millions to clean up this mess and pay hundreds of thousands to "cyber ninjas" to do a job they were not qualified to do.
What are we the tax payers going to spend money cleaning up exactly?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona’s largest county approved nearly $3 million Wednesday for new vote-counting machines to replace those used in the 2020 election, which were given to legislative Republicans for a partisan review of the results.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-go ... 453c3b9f16

Cyber Ninjas says it has received $5.7 million in private donations to fund the Arizona ballot audit
https://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-n ... dit-2021-7

The Cybersecurity 202: Arizona could face a more than $9 million clean up bill after a partisan election audit
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ion-audit/

Why We Don’t Really Know Who Is Paying For Arizona’s Bizarre Election Audit
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev ... 1439322369

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:02 am
In2ition wrote:
I am just sick of the made up BS by Republicans. The whole fraud steal thing is ludicrous and has been proven over and over and over and over to be BS. Everyone on planet earth knows Trump doesn’t like to lose and made up the steal BS. Anyone that has had anything to do with the election in any official capacity says the steal thing is total BS. The courts said it was BS. The lawyers that presented all the BS say it was BS. Trump cannot post on ANY social media because he is a serial liar.

There is no victory lap. This is the darkest time in US history in my lifetime. Democrats are a little nuts. Republicans are completely detached from any sort of reality mostly thanks to Trump and his “alt facts”.
Oh -- and by the way, the Republicans are most likely going to sweep the 2022 mid-terms.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I thought it was extremely well-known, especially for anyone in AZ. But Nodack's post sums it up nicely.

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 am
Nodack wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Oh -- and by the way, the Republicans are most likely going to sweep the 2022 mid-terms.
I think a sweep is impossible, but they will likely take back the house and the senate (like almost every mid-term in modern history when the party in the white house loses seats).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:57 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:08 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I thought it was extremely well-known, especially for anyone in AZ. But Nodack's post sums it up nicely.
The only post that showed possible cost to the taxpayers was the first, but that was nullified in the deal for the routers and spunk logs. So there is not going to be any cost to the taxpayers, and they are not going to be buying any new machines.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:58 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 am
Nodack wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I think a sweep is impossible, but they will likely take back the house and the senate (like almost every mid-term in modern history when the party in the white house loses seats).
That's a sweep to me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ah, I think of 'sweep' as winning every race you run. Not most of them.

But in the end, I guess the result is the same. Sinema and Manchin are hoping that only a couple seats change hands and then they can play the same role of "I AM THE DECIDING VOICE ON ALL THINGS" game, but I don't think they realize how little importance they will have when McConnell is in charge again.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am pretty confident Sinema won’t be reelected unless she runs as a Republican.

I am pretty confident if Trump is elected that that marks the end of America as we know it. He has learned how to manipulate our government. He learned that Inspector Generals are the Washington internal police that are in charge of watching for fraud and abuse. He has learned to replace those people with Trump yes men. He wanted to neuter the Postal Service and somehow was able to put a Trump yes man in charge who promptly started dismantling the Poastal Service and he is still in charge and somehow Biden isn’t allowed to fire him. Trump has figured out how to threaten his fellow Republicans into doing whatever he wants them to do for the most part. Republicans have learned how to put Republicans in charge of local election results instead of Secretary of State’s. Now in some red states they can just declare Trump the winner no matter what the voters decide. If the same scenario happened this time around I am pretty confident Trump would be declared the victor because Republican leaders in red states would make sure to “find” enough votes. And it’s a given that every Republican is going to claim fraud at every election no matter what, whether they win or lose.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If Trump were to be elected again, there would be new meaning to the phrase "red states". In fact, we would be on our way to being a communist country.
"Be Legendary."