2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4127
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 am

Trump mob storms Democrat Washington Gov. Jay Inslee's mansion as protesters surround Texas, California, Michigan, Georgia, Oregon AND Kansas state capitols
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ffice.html
Trump supporters have surrounded state capitols in Texas, California, Georgia, Michigan, Kansas and Oklahoma after violent protests erupted in DC over Trump's election loss to Biden in November
They occupied the front lawn of Washington's Democratic Governor Jay Inslee's mansion where only one state trooper was keeping guard
Violence broke out in DC after thousands of Trump supporters breached security perimeters at the Capitol with lawmakers inside the House Chamber urged to put on gas masks
Armed militia members were seen standing guards on the steps of the Michigan Capitol in Lansing and Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger was evacuated from the state Capitol in Atlanta
Large protests have also been reported in Colorado, Oregon, Washington state, Minnesota and Sacramento, while swaths of demonstrators have taken to the streets in LA outside City Hall

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19661
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:50 am

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:57 am
Trump just pledged to an orderly transition of power to Biden right after the EC votes were finalized early am.
But still with the bullshit. "Election stolen" and "Greatest 1st term ever!" Yeah, worst 1st term ever, buddy. The fact that you weren't voted in for a second term is a good clue.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19661
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:52 am

Lots of people around Trump resigning. Um..., too little, too late.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4127
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:00 am


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12114
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:03 am

I don't believe bogus random sources should need to be meticulously debunked, since one ought not to accept unverified bunk to begin with. But in case anybody wants some good debunking of the new bogus conspiracy theory claiming that antifa/BLM people were spotted and IDed as the actual source of yesterday's rioting and violence, here you go (thread).


User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4127
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Shirtless man in horned helmet at Capitol protest identified
https://www.foxnews.com/us/shirtless-ma ... non-backer
The heavily painted man wearing a horned fur hat who made a spectacle of himself on the dais of the U.S. Senate during the storming of the Capitol has been identified as a QAnon supporter and fixture at far-right rallies in Arizona, according to a report.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4127
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:53 pm

More than 6K National Guard mobilized, 7-foot-tall fence built around Capitol after riot
https://wtop.com/dc/2021/01/dc-mayor-ca ... terrorism/
More than 6,000 National Guard members from D.C. and elsewhere are being mobilized, and a 7-foot tall fence is being erected around the U.S. Capitol in response to the unrest there Wednesday, which D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser called “acts of domestic terrorism.”

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by 3rdside » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:11 pm

Piers Morgan disowns Trump - says he must have lost his mind.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ailymailus

Personally I think he's hiding something - or many things - which a self pardon would attest to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/p ... &smtyp=cur

And I have to say I find it strange that only now people are saying he's over stepped the mark, surprised at yesterday's events, that he's not fit for office etc when it seemed crystal clear that he was never fit for office, that none of this is surprising and that he's behaved exactly as expected.

It is, I suppose, a grudging case of better late to the Trump's-a-Douche party than never but I will never understand why it took so long.

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by 3rdside » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:22 pm


User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 7171
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by ShelC » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am

There are about 8-10 more tweets in this thread that spells it out 3 weeks ago


Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 19661
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 pm

Plus the next one targeting inauguration.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4127
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Plus the next one targeting inauguration.
I don’t see their attack happening then. They won’t have reserved seats in the Capital this time. There is a big fence up now and I am pretty sure security will be much tighter after they were caught with their pants down last time, no thanks to Trump intentionally blocking police BU.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7110
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Are any of you going to the Inauguration?
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 12114
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Plus the next one targeting inauguration.
I don’t see their attack happening then. They won’t have reserved seats in the Capital this time. There is a big fence up now and I am pretty sure security will be much tighter after they were caught with their pants down last time, no thanks to Trump intentionally blocking police BU.
I'm really worried about more violence on 1/20. Either at the Capitol / attacking the inauguration itself, or at various state government houses. I just really hope that nothing crazy happens. I want all of our leaders to be safe from physical harm regardless of party.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7110
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:33 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Plus the next one targeting inauguration.
I don’t see their attack happening then. They won’t have reserved seats in the Capital this time. There is a big fence up now and I am pretty sure security will be much tighter after they were caught with their pants down last time, no thanks to Trump intentionally blocking police BU.
I'm really worried about more violence on 1/20. Either at the Capitol / attacking the inauguration itself, or at various state government houses. I just really hope that nothing crazy happens. I want all of our leaders to be safe from physical harm regardless of party.
I don't see it happening. It would be suicide and pure idiocy for some to try it, while there are 7-10K national guardsmen and 7 foot tall fencing around the Capitol.

I'm glad you to hear that you don't wish harm on or agree with this attorney from PBS. According to Linked In he is or was Director of Content Strategy at PBS.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4127
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm

I see some guy I don’t know saying stuff at a table at a bar to some girl while being secretly video taped. He wasn’t officially proposing any of that on TV or to a group. Equating that to our President intentionally inciting a riot and coup on our nations Capital is a MASSIVE stretch.

Yes I think part of what he said was over the top. A lot of what he said was true. Young kids see Trumps actions as what a President should say and do and that is scary. Nobody knows who this guy is. Trump is a danger to our society. Go ahead and impeach this guy. I’m ok with that.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7110
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm
I see some guy I don’t know saying stuff at a table at a bar to some girl while being secretly video taped. He wasn’t officially proposing any of that on TV or to a group. Equating that to our President intentionally inciting a riot and coup on our nations Capital is a MASSIVE stretch.

Yes I think part of what he said was over the top. A lot of what he said was true. Young kids see Trumps actions as what a President should say and do and that is scary. Nobody knows who this guy is. Trump is a danger to our society. Go ahead and impeach this guy. I’m ok with that.
I was speaking of violence that this guy believed. Throwing Moltov cocktails into the White House, rounding up Republicans, taking their children away and putting them into reeducation camps. Then she asked him if everyone at PBS thinks this way, and he said yeah, they are all progressive.

I listened to the speech, read the transcript and I'm having a hard time figuring out in it where he told them to break into the Capitol and violently attack people in any way. Has he ever called for violence in any speech he's made? Maybe you can provide that. Feels like the media is trying to gaslight the country. I think this impeachment proceeding is a MASSIVE stretch, and honestly, it seems like unnecessary panic. You could even interpret Pelosi's asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the nuclear codes as inciting sedition and treason.

I am totally against violence, riots, or any type of terrorism, and immediately condemned any of the people that broke into the Capitol illegally. I even said that they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don't care what side of any political view you have.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Indy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm
I see some guy I don’t know saying stuff at a table at a bar to some girl while being secretly video taped. He wasn’t officially proposing any of that on TV or to a group. Equating that to our President intentionally inciting a riot and coup on our nations Capital is a MASSIVE stretch.

Yes I think part of what he said was over the top. A lot of what he said was true. Young kids see Trumps actions as what a President should say and do and that is scary. Nobody knows who this guy is. Trump is a danger to our society. Go ahead and impeach this guy. I’m ok with that.
I was speaking of violence that this guy believed. Throwing Moltov cocktails into the White House, rounding up Republicans, taking their children away and putting them into reeducation camps. Then she asked him if everyone at PBS thinks this way, and he said yeah, they are all progressive.

I listened to the speech, read the transcript and I'm having a hard time figuring out in it where he told them to break into the Capitol and violently attack people in any way. Has he ever called for violence in any speech he's made? Maybe you can provide that. Feels like the media is trying to gaslight the country. I think this impeachment proceeding is a MASSIVE stretch, and honestly, it seems like unnecessary panic. You could even interpret Pelosi's asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the nuclear codes as inciting sedition and treason.

I am totally against violence, riots, or any type of terrorism, and immediately condemned any of the people that broke into the Capitol illegally. I even said that they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don't care what side of any political view you have.
yes, people that support this maniac don't see what the big deal is. But asking people to fight to take back a stolen election, and telling them to march to the capitol, and having other speakers at your rally say things like we need a trial by combat, and that if you don't fight we will show up in your backyard and have fun doing it... but you see nothing that is inciting in those words...

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 12427
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Indy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:41 pm

none of this is inciting his supporters to do anything that day, right...


"you will never take back your country with weakness"
"we will never give up, we will never concede. you don't concede when there is theft involved"
"we're gonna have to fight much harder"
"you have to get your people to fight"
"you have to march" "I will be with you, I will be watching"
"this election was stolen from you, from me, from the country"
"we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not gonna have a country anymore"

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7110
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:42 pm

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm
I see some guy I don’t know saying stuff at a table at a bar to some girl while being secretly video taped. He wasn’t officially proposing any of that on TV or to a group. Equating that to our President intentionally inciting a riot and coup on our nations Capital is a MASSIVE stretch.

Yes I think part of what he said was over the top. A lot of what he said was true. Young kids see Trumps actions as what a President should say and do and that is scary. Nobody knows who this guy is. Trump is a danger to our society. Go ahead and impeach this guy. I’m ok with that.
I was speaking of violence that this guy believed. Throwing Moltov cocktails into the White House, rounding up Republicans, taking their children away and putting them into reeducation camps. Then she asked him if everyone at PBS thinks this way, and he said yeah, they are all progressive.

I listened to the speech, read the transcript and I'm having a hard time figuring out in it where he told them to break into the Capitol and violently attack people in any way. Has he ever called for violence in any speech he's made? Maybe you can provide that. Feels like the media is trying to gaslight the country. I think this impeachment proceeding is a MASSIVE stretch, and honestly, it seems like unnecessary panic. You could even interpret Pelosi's asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the nuclear codes as inciting sedition and treason.

I am totally against violence, riots, or any type of terrorism, and immediately condemned any of the people that broke into the Capitol illegally. I even said that they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don't care what side of any political view you have.
yes, people that support this maniac don't see what the big deal is. But asking people to fight to take back a stolen election, and telling them to march to the capitol, and having other speakers at your rally say things like we need a trial by combat, and that if you don't fight we will show up in your backyard and have fun doing it... but you see nothing that is inciting in those words...
Trump never said that.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Post Reply