Trump suspended from Twitter

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Indy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:44 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 pm
BLM protests and subsequent riots were initiated by the injustices levied against minorities.

The Capitol rally, protest, and subsequent storming of the the Capitol building were initiated by a nut job who's ego was hurt because he lost a popularity contest.

That's a very important distinction when comparing the two.
this a million times

Nodack

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Nodack » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:24 am

Very true but, my point still stands. BLM protests had a very good reason to protest. Magabillies thought they had a very good reason to protest. The President, half of the Republicans in Congress and FOX News said the election was stolen and what good patriotic American would stand for that? You and I know that was based on lies and fabrications. Trumps base thought differently.

My point was lots of Trump supporters protested without any intentions of violence. And then there were some who planned to surround and attack the Capital, take hostages and kill Pence. They carefully planned the attack and even brought zip ties to secure Congressmen. The main cause of all of this is one man. Trump.