Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Cap

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:35 pm
The question will be Joe’s involvement in anything that they are looking at in the Hunter case. Republicans have been asking this question for a long time. Trump was impeached trying to make it an issue when he tried to extort Ukraine into saying they were investigating Hunter. Now that it looks like there may be something to the Hunter scandal, Republicans will be pushing harder and harder into this as the next Presidential election rolls around.

I am not sure what Hunter is being accused of by the authorities other than an illegal gun permit thing and tax evasion. Republicans were saying Hunter got his Burisma job on the board of directors thanks to Joe and had zero qualifications to be on any board of directors. They claimed somehow Hunter siphoned a bunch of money and shared it with his dad. George Bush hired Hunter to be on the board of directors at Amtrack years before that, which kind of shuts down that argument for me as far as qualifications go. Did daddy get him the job? I have no clue. Did Hunted steal money and share it with dad? I have no idea and I am pretty sure Republicans don’t either but, that won’t stop them from making the claim.

Trump pardoned Manafort his campaign manager after he was busted for making millions being a pro Russian lobbyist in the Ukraine and not disclosing that to the US. Would Biden pardon his own son?
Two predictions:

First, if Hunter is indicted, Joe will stay completely out of it, allowing government bureaucrats to do their jobs free from political interference.

Second, Fox News will report, without evidence, that he is doing exactly the opposite, and half the country will accept that claim without question.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:05 pm
Nodack wrote:
The question will be Joe’s involvement in anything that they are looking at in the Hunter case. Republicans have been asking this question for a long time. Trump was impeached trying to make it an issue when he tried to extort Ukraine into saying they were investigating Hunter. Now that it looks like there may be something to the Hunter scandal, Republicans will be pushing harder and harder into this as the next Presidential election rolls around.

I am not sure what Hunter is being accused of by the authorities other than an illegal gun permit thing and tax evasion. Republicans were saying Hunter got his Burisma job on the board of directors thanks to Joe and had zero qualifications to be on any board of directors. They claimed somehow Hunter siphoned a bunch of money and shared it with his dad. George Bush hired Hunter to be on the board of directors at Amtrack years before that, which kind of shuts down that argument for me as far as qualifications go. Did daddy get him the job? I have no clue. Did Hunted steal money and share it with dad? I have no idea and I am pretty sure Republicans don’t either but, that won’t stop them from making the claim.

Trump pardoned Manafort his campaign manager after he was busted for making millions being a pro Russian lobbyist in the Ukraine and not disclosing that to the US. Would Biden pardon his own son?
Two predictions:

First, if Hunter is indicted, Joe will stay completely out of it, allowing government bureaucrats to do their jobs free from political interference.

Second, Fox News will report, without evidence, that he is doing exactly the opposite, and half the country will accept that claim without question.
Kind of like saying "I predict the sun will rise tomorrow in the East."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:24 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:05 pm
Nodack wrote:

Two predictions:

Kind of like saying "I predict the sun will rise tomorrow in the East."
I don’t claim to be a genius. I’ll stick to easy predictions and pad my record.

BTW, I predict the sun will set today in the west. Either that, or fall out of the sky and land on the ground around noon. One or the other.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

GOP will also impeach Joe Biden for imagined impropriety related to Hunter.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:44 pm
GOP will also impeach Joe Biden for imagined impropriety related to Hunter.
Have they even accused Joe of impropriety related to Hunter? I’ve only seen accusations against Hunter himself and tarring of Joe by association. The only thing Joe has been accused of is loving his son despite the latter’s misdeeds.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He’s been accused of using the VP office to secure Hunter’s job at Burisma.

Cap

Post by Cap »

If that’s an impeachable offense, we’re gonna have to impeach about 80% of Congress.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t know if it’s true or not. I just know what they have said. There are only about 47,000 different GOP conspiracy theories floating around at any given moment.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's a new story about classified documents discovered in possession of some Biden aides or offices or something. My understanding is that it was done in error and that all documents were returned upon request. But that isn't stopping much of the media from running with it like it's Watergate 2.0. Of course MAGA world is trying to claim that this is exactly the same as Trump's hoarding of classified material at Mar-a-Lago.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nobody is above the law.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

So now they found classified documents at Pence’s place too?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Classified documents for everybody! We better check our places too.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It seems like lots of folks have these classified docs. The difference seems to be, A), did they take them by accident or on purpose? B), once they are found to have classified docs, do they cooperate with investigations and return them, or lie/fight about it?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This clip is from last night's State of the Union speech. Frankly it was a complete owning by Biden on all the Republicans in Congress. He mentions that they want to cut Social Security and Medicare, gets them to react negatively, then spins it around and says, good, we agree that cutting those programs over the debt ceiling is off the table. Simple, elegant, really put the Republicans in their place. They underestimate him.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:18 pm
If Oprah was still on TV everyone in the studio audience would have received some too….

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:18 pm
If Oprah was still on TV everyone in the studio audience would have received some too….
:D YOU get a document!... YOU get a document!...
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Happy Presidents' Day!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's an allegation coming out from Speaker McCarthy's office that Joe Biden may have accepted bribes? But it's hard to find details on it so far. One article:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/0 ... a-00095132
“For going on five years now, Republicans in Congress have been lobbing unfounded, unproven, politically-motivated attacks against the President and his family without offering evidence for their claims or evidence of decisions influenced by anything other than U.S. interests. That’s because they prefer floating anonymous innuendo, amplified by the megaphone of their allies in rightwing media, to get attention,” Sams said in a statement.

Maybe it’s true. I see a major differences between the two party’s attacking each other. Trump was impeached the first time based on evidence like emails, text messages, witness testimony. Jan 6 impeachment based on video evidence, emails, text messages and witness testimony. Trumps business being found guilty in a court based on evidence. The rape trial based on evidence and witnesses. The illegal fake electors scam based on evidence, testimonies, emails, etc. The “Find me 11,000 votes” scandal based on Trumps actual conversation.

On the other side all their attacks seem to be based on rumors and anonymous sources. Extort the Ukraine into pretending to investigate Biden. All the GOP has to do is spread rumors amplified by right wing media and that’s all the evidence they need to prove to their cult. Of course their cult doesn’t believe any of the witnesses, judges, law enforcement, witnesses, evidence presented against Trump in a court of law because everything is fake.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

House Republicans have made allegations that Hunter Biden took dirty money. There is also the implication that this money was then spread back among the rest of the Biden family. But they have not yet presented evidence to support these allegations, so I guess we have to wait and see.