Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

EXCLUSIVE: Joe's missing millions! Financial records reveal Biden had $5.2million in unexplained income - as emails show he paid Hunter's legal bills for one megabucks Chinese deal and was tapped as 'big guy' to get a 10% cut in another
  • Emails from Hunter's laptop reveal Joe Biden agreed to pay his son's legal fees for his deal with a Chinese government-controlled company
  • Joe was able to pay the bills after earning millions of dollars through his and his wife's companies after he left office as vice president
  • But an analysis by DailyMail.com of the president's financial records shows $5.2million is unexplained
  • The 'missing millions' and emails on Hunter's abandoned laptop suggest Joe would have a 10% share in Hunter's blockbuster deal with the Chinese
  • The revelation ties the president even closer to Hunter's overseas business dealings, despite the White House's denials

By JOSH BOSWELL FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 11:31 EDT, 26 April 2022 | UPDATED: 11:32 EDT, 26 April 2022
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ncome.html

Joe Biden agreed to pay son Hunter's legal fees for his deal with a Chinese government-controlled company, emails reveal.

The revelation ties the president even closer to Hunter's overseas business dealings – and makes his previous claims that he never discussed them with his son, even less plausible.

Joe was able to pay the bills after earning millions of dollars through his and his wife's companies after he left office as vice president.

Some of the wave of cash came from their book deals and speaking engagements.

But the president's financial filings reveal that he declared almost $7million more income on his tax returns than he did on his government transparency reports, an analysis by DailyMail.com of the president's financial records shows.

Some of that difference can be accounted for with salaries earned by First Lady Jill Biden and other sums not required on his reports – but still leaves $5.2million earned by Joe's company and not listed on his transparency reports.

The 'missing millions' – combined with emails on Hunter's abandoned laptop suggesting Joe would have a 10% share in Hunter's blockbuster deal with the Chinese – raise a troubling question: did Joe Biden receive money from the foreign venture?
Spoiler: show/hide
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Meh, The Daily Mail is a UK tabloid. What would they know? And where's your outrage about Jared Kushner running Trump's businesses while working in the WH and netting billions? You don't give a crap about that, but you're mad about one email mentioning a "big guy" with no clear evidence of illegality.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"But, but, but what about Jared Kushner?!?" is not a defense for Biden.

Jared has his own issues. If Jared was doing things illegally, the Biden DOJ, Garland and Wray wouldn't do anything to investigate and hold him accountable, especially if they could figure out how to tie Trump to it? I think that's quite a stretch to think they wouldn't.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Here is a BBC journalist in the US, commenting on what he sees in his first trip to the US an hour or so ago.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It is pretty strange how gun crazy Americans are in general compared to the rest of the world.

No coincidence either that there are so many fewer gun deaths elsewhere.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'll go even further than "gun crazy". A massive number of Americans have an unhealthy addiction to guns, or in other words they're mentally ill.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They are so afraid the Dems will steal their guns that they keep buying more and more. A dozen guns isn’t enough when Armageddon breaks out.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

And here I thought it was they were worried that the Dems were going to buy up all the guns before they could get there and purchase them first.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not a smoker and never have been. Why only menthol? Are they more cancerous and/or addictive?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:50 pm
I'm not a smoker and never have been. Why only menthol? Are they more cancerous and/or addictive?
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. They are more common in the African American community and in young people getting started from my understanding. Menthol is a flavor additive that might make the taste more appealing.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:27 pm
In2ition wrote:
I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. They are more common in the African American community and in young people getting started from my understanding. Menthol is a flavor additive that might make the taste more appealing.
Thanks, but that seems a little targeted.

Next, they are going to ban flavored sugary coffee. Then, I will be up in arms about it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:24 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Next, they are going to ban flavored sugary coffee. Then, I will be up in arms about it.
You have a problem with that? You don't want to stop people from getting started smoking?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:38 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You have a problem with that? You don't want to stop people from getting started smoking?
Although I wouldn't smoke myself, and wouldn't advise anyone to do it. I wouldn't make it illegal. Seems like a personal choice and I don't see it as morally wrong.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:45 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Although I wouldn't smoke myself, and wouldn't advise anyone to do it. I wouldn't make it illegal. Seems like a personal choice and I don't see it as morally wrong.
It isn't morally wrong not to wear a seat belt. I wouldn't say that only things morally wrong should have laws against them.

But overall I am in agreement with you that I wouldn't outlaw smoking or cigarettes. I would just make it as difficult to buy as minors and have severe punishments for selling/giving to minors.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

It isn't morally wrong not to wear a seat belt. I wouldn't say that only things morally wrong should have laws against them.

But overall I am in agreement with you that I wouldn't outlaw smoking or cigarettes. I would just make it as difficult to buy as minors and have severe punishments for selling/giving to minors.
I agree that I don't want to see people sell or advertise to entice children to smoke and would impose punishments toward curbing or eliminating that.

I'm not sure I would personally use the comparison between seat belts and smoking. One, you could die instantly, and the other it takes a lot of time. Seat belts argument makes more sense when compared to doing Meth or Fentanyl, imo. But, I understand your sentiment. I also wouldn't say that only things that are morally wrong should have laws against them.

That reminds me of an old question that I heard. Would you rather have your child smoke or cheat in school?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:07 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I agree that I don't want to see people sell or advertise to entice children to smoke and would impose punishments toward curbing or eliminating that.

I'm not sure I would personally use the comparison between seat belts and smoking. One, you could die instantly, and the other it takes a lot of time. Seat belts argument makes more sense when compared to doing Meth or Fentanyl, imo. But, I understand your sentiment. I also wouldn't say that only things that are morally wrong should have laws against them.

That reminds me of an old question that I heard. Would you rather have your child smoke or cheat in school?
No.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I was that asshole in school that would make sure my papers were covered up so they dude sitting next to me couldn't copy off of me. I mean, I did all the work to prepare for the test. Why let him sneak a peak and copy me. I deserved the grade more.

But the older I get, the more I think that it doesn't matter. So what if he cheats and skates by looking at his neighbors paper? Does it really matter if you can remember Hitler invaded Poland on September 1st 1939 (that is the date in my head, don't know if it is real) or how you spell 'insufferable' or what was foreshadowed by Lenny strangling that dog?

I have no idea what was going on in that kid's house. Did he know where his next meal was coming from? Did he have a bed to sleep in at night? Did he have a caring family? Did he have to work all night to try and make ends meet for his family and doesn't have time to do school work outside of school hours?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I can see that as a competition type thing when you are young, and I agree with you as a whole. You don't know what's going on in their life, and it's on their conscious, not yours. Unless you are actively helping them cheat off of you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »