Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Mori Chu »

Here's the Homeland Security secretary trying to clarify what the disinformation board is/does. I don't think he does an especially good job.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you want to watch the complete remarks by Joe Biden and Trevor Noah from last night's White House Correspondents' Dinner, here you go:

Biden's jokes:

Trevor Noah's jokes:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for posting those, Marty. That was good stuff.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Crack pipes doesn't seem like something that should be funded or encouraged. This is a crazytown policy.

Crack pipes found in 'safe smoking kits' potentially funded by taxpayers: report
Jon Brown
Thu, May 12, 2022, 2:54 PM·2 min read
https://finance.yahoo.com/finance/news/ ... 13649.html

So-called "safe smoking kits" recently obtained in five major U.S. cities contained crack pipes and other drug paraphernalia, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

The Beacon reportedly obtained the kits from Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Richmond.

Blocks from the Capitol and two elementary schools in Washington, D.C., a harm reduction center reportedly offered pipes and other paraphernalia to a Beacon reporter that could be used to smoke crack and methamphetamine.

"They were never a part of the kit, it was inaccurate reporting," former White House press secretary Jen Psaki said of the story at the time. "A safe smoking kit may contain alcohol swabs, lip balm, other materials to promote hygiene and reduce the transmission of diseases."

The D.C. center, which once stood for Helping Individual Prostitutes Survive (HIPS), did not respond to request for comment.

Similar centers in the other major cities offered similar devices and responses, according to the Beacon.

Psaki responded to the Free Beacon's story Thursday, asserting that no taxpayer funds were used for crack pipes.

"This policy does not allow for crack pipes to be included," Psaki said in response to Fox News' Jacqui Heinrich's question at the White House press briefing. "I would just note that this is a bit of a conspiracy theory that's been spread out there. It's not accurate. There's important drug treatment programs for people who have been suffering from what we've seen as an epidemic across the country," Psaki said.
Spoiler: show/hide
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oil companies shouldn't be taking in record profits, while everyone else suffers, so that should be looked into and curbed. Hopefully that happens, but I tend to not believe it will.

Biden promised to solve inflation and gas prices, then does this? Are he & and his cronies too stupid to understand that limiting the supply will make the prices go up and inflation to continue going up? Or is this just another small part of his plan to destroy our country?

I fully expect at least another $1.50 per gallon increase coming. At least.

Biden cancels offshore oil lease sales in Gulf Coast, Alaska
By MATTHEW DALY
yesterday
https://apnews.com/article/climate-envi ... a6b5c36895

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration is canceling three oil and gas lease sales scheduled in the Gulf of Mexico and off the coast of Alaska, removing millions of acres from possible drilling as U.S. gas prices reach record highs.

The Interior Department announced the decision Wednesday night, citing a lack of industry interest in drilling off the Alaska coast and “conflicting court rulings” that have complicated drilling efforts in the Gulf of Mexico, where the bulk of U.S. offshore drilling takes place,

The decision likely means the Biden administration will not hold a lease sale for offshore drilling this year and comes as Interior appears set to let a mandatory five-year plan for offshore drilling expire next month.

“Unfortunately, this is becoming a pattern — the administration talks about the need for more supply and acts to restrict it,″ said Frank Macchiarola, senior vice president of the American Petroleum Institute, the top lobbying group for the oil and gas industry.

“As geopolitical volatility and global energy prices continue to rise, we again urge the administration to end the uncertainty and immediately act on a new five-year program for federal offshore leasing,″ he said.
Spoiler: show/hide
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is a long video, but really interesting.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am
Oil companies shouldn't be taking in record profits, while everyone else suffers, so that should be looked into and curbed. Hopefully that happens, but I tend to not believe it will.

Biden promised to solve inflation and gas prices, then does this? Are he & and his cronies too stupid to understand that limiting the supply will make the prices go up and inflation to continue going up? Or is this just another small part of his plan to destroy our country?

Do you really think that giving more land for drilling to oil companies while they are gouging you at the pump will make them gouge you less?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:34 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am

Do you really think that giving more land for drilling to oil companies while they are gouging you at the pump will make them gouge you less?
No, I when did I say that I thought this? Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote, or maybe I didn't make myself clear. Those are 2 separate issues. Both need to be addressed.
1. We can't limit supply to the market and expect the price to go down.
2. We need to curb the possible price gouging that seems to be happening, with the knowledge that the companies are making "record profits".

Bonus 3. Another thing that Biden could do to help prices is to suspend the tax on gas that is passed to the consumers. I think they need to fix 2 first, otherwise the oil companies will just pocket the savings themselves instead of passing it on to the consumers.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I haven't noticed this myself, as I don't have any babies that would require this, nor are there any in my family right now, but I'm hearing a lot about Baby Formula shortages. How are you all feeling about this? Seems like this may rise to crisis soon if true.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hear them there Demmycrats're giving baby formula to BROWN babies instead of WHITE ones!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This baby formula thing is just the latest Fox News "two minutes hate" topic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:17 am

So, you are saying this is a fake crisis?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hannity has dedicated his life to creating outrage against Dems. That’s his job at FOX News that itself is dedicated to creating outrage against Dems. Obviously he has done his job well and Republicans that watch FOX News are outraged at those evil radical Democrats who hate America and want to destroy it at all costs.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:12 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:17 am
So, you are saying this is a fake crisis?
No, there really is a shortage of baby food. I have an 11-month-old daughter so I know this firsthand. By "two minutes hate" I mean the way that Fox and other GOP media have tried to somehow make this a Joe Biden disaster, as well as turn it into a culture war issue by saying that all the baby formula is being somehow given to illegal immigrant babies. The shortage of baby formula is most primarily due to an outbreak of contamination in the product by the largest baby food manufacturer, not caused by any political leader or party. They had to throw out tons of containers of food because it was infected and was making babies sick. Them's the breaks.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Abbott got lazy and careless and were contaminating formula on their lines in Michigan. The FDA witnessed it first hand and issued something like a 30-40 page report about how out of control the site was. I have read hundreds of these FDA reports and usually they are <3 pages long. When you get a 30 page report, it likely means you are about ready to get shut down or placed under consent decree.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Same ole same ole…

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Oil giant Aramco reports record first quarter as oil prices soar
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/15/aramco- ... -soar.html
Oil giant Aramco reported a more-than 80% jump in net profit Sunday, topping analyst expectations and setting a new quarterly earnings record since its IPO.

The Saudi Arabian behemoth said net income rose 82% to $39.5 billion in the first three months of the year, up from $21.7 billion over the same period last year.

With a market cap of around $2.43 trillion on Wednesday, Aramco last week surpassed Apple to become the world’s most valuable company.

Indy

Post by Indy »

"inflation"

An oil price raise impacts nearly every single industry, especially in the "last mile" of the supply chain before products get to the stores or delivered to your home. The inflation we are seeing right now is going into the pockets of these companies.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Millionaires and Billionaires have to eat too! Think of the children! Have some compassion for these lost souls.