Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
3rdside

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by 3rdside »

De Santis getting the nomination?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 1624265723

He seems pretty dishonest but maybe not as dangerous as Trump at least?

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

3rdside wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 am
De Santis getting the nomination?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 1624265723

He seems pretty dishonest but maybe not as dangerous as Trump at least?
I've reread my post this morning with one eyebrow raised .. GOP gonna GOP whoever's leading it, lol.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

De Santis is one of the worst Republicans. He would be a Trump 2.0 as President, an outright disaster.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think they are all in on Trump, not De Santis. Isn’t De Santis a Trump fan? How does that work during the primary? Anyone that runs against Trump will be crucified by Trump as a fraudulent lying incompetent RINO cheat. Trump until further notice IS the Republican party.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm
I think they are all in on Trump, not De Santis. Isn’t De Santis a Trump fan? How does that work during the primary? Anyone that runs against Trump will be crucified by Trump as a fraudulent lying incompetent RINO cheat. Trump until further notice IS the Republican party.
Then they will lose.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am not as sure as you. Since Trump, up is down and down is up. I was trying to think of what Trump could do to lose his base. I didn’t come up with anything. To him and his base, the entire world and everyone other than his base is plotting together to get him. The entire world is lying about him and he is the only one on planet earth telling the truth.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He's lost every time. Except for the stupid electoral college system that gives more power to a select few depending on where you live. I mean it was still too tight this last time but I just can't see it getting tighter. Unless they really are able to rig the system and prevent certain Americans from voting.

If democracy as we know it comes to an end, we've lost America. I mean maybe. But I remain optimistic. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Am a realist when it comes to politics. Even before Trump I thought our government was broken. It just fights and gets very little done that actually helps average Americans. Trump came with his scorched earth policy and gutted the government and told America that every faucet of our Government is corrupt and fraudulent destroying what little trust his supporters had in our government and even hurting the trust the other side had in government.

I grew up a proud American watching John Wayne and always knowing we are the good guys. Now I am not so proud. I wish we were together. I wish government worked towards the same goal of making America great for all Americans. It just works towards the goal of destroying the other side. Republicans continue to take that to unprecedented new levels and my faith that we can recover from this is at all an all time historic low. I consider it a done deal already. It’s going to continue to get worse imo until we break.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:40 pm
Am a realist when it comes to politics. Even before Trump I thought our government was broken. It just fights and gets very little done that actually helps average Americans. Trump came with his scorched earth policy and gutted the government and told America that every faucet of our Government is corrupt and fraudulent destroying what little trust his supporters had in our government and even hurting the trust the other side had in government.

I grew up a proud American watching John Wayne and always knowing we are the good guys. Now I am not so proud. I wish we were together. I wish government worked towards the same goal of making America great for all Americans. It just works towards the goal of destroying the other side. Republicans continue to take that to unprecedented new levels and my faith that we can recover from this is at all an all time historic low. I consider it a done deal already. It’s going to continue to get worse imo until we break.
Well said, 'dack, well said.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

I go hot and cold on Olbermann but this one's pretty good:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am not so sure this is happening yet. I can’t imagine any Republicans working with Democrats on anything ever. Every other time we get close, they talk about all the compromising they did to come to the agreement and then when the actual vote comes along no Republicans vote for it and they all celebrate being successful at wasting the Democrats time. If true this would be great. Dems and Republicans working together to accomplish something for the good of America!?! Compromising with each other? Too good to be true.

Biden announces bipartisan deal on infrastructure
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... astructure
“I think it’s really important, we’ve all agreed that none of us got all that we wanted. I clearly didn’t get all I wanted. They gave more than I think maybe they were inclined to give in the first place,” he said.

“But this reminds me of the days we used to get an awful lot done in the United States Congress, we actually worked with one another,” Biden said, putting his hand on Sen. Rob Portman’s (R-Ohio) shoulder. “Bipartisan deal means compromise.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Won't Republicans just filibuster anything the Dems try to pass?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That was my point. They are talking like this agreement is a done deal. I guess we shall see.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

McConnell is great at making all kinds of BS excuses as to why Republicans will never ever under any circumstances work with Dems on anything. He is a huge reason as to why our government is broken. Him and Trump together are killing Democracy in America. I just consider both of them evil.

Indy

Post by Indy »

When McConnell dies, it will be a good day for democracy.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:29 am
If democracy doesn’t die first.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:48 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:29 am
If democracy doesn’t die first.
very fair point. I am kind of in the same camp as a few here where it feels like it is dead, or at least terminal and we just haven't dealt with it yet. If nothing else, look at how much of our laws are controlled by the Senate, and then look at how few people are represented by the GOP in the Senate vs Dems in the Senate. The inequality was written into the constitution from the beginning...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Right on cue…

GOP senators warn they could pull support for Biden deal
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/560 ... biden-deal

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:30 pm
Right on cue…

GOP senators warn they could pull support for Biden deal
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/560 ... biden-deal
none of it is surprising. it is kabuki theatre. it just depends on if they can get enough things thrown at Joe M and Sinema to get them to get rid of the filibuster. And I don't think it is possible. If they abolish it, they lose all of the attention they are getting right now. The Dems will get fucked in the mid-terms, and then the GOP will gut the Jan 6 commissions and fuck Biden by not approving any judges or even letting bills come to the floor.