NY Gov. Cuomo scandal

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: NY Gov. Cuomo scandal

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:32 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:33 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:14 pm
Your channel is fascist propaganda.
Oh yeah? What's my channel? You throw out this word "fascist" without any examples, which isn't a great look.

I'm asking what is going on at CNN and you act like I'm attacking you personally. So weird. Do you work for CNN now? I'm not even attacking them, just asking for an explanation on what is happening. Toobin, Cuomo, Griffin, and now Saleeby in a relatively short period of time.
Sorry for teasing you. I was of course talking about Fox as the fascist propaganda. I don't ever watch CNN nor care much about who is or isn't on that channel. If anyone at CNN does something inappropriate or illegal, of course I favor their being removed from the network. Beyond that I don't know or care much.
No worries about teasing, I am happy enough to laugh with you at these jokes. I don't watch Fox, but I am curious to learn what is considered fascist propaganda. I'm with you on getting rid of anyone in any new broadcast that does overtly inappropriate or illegal things, not just at CNN.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There are people who do bad things everywhere on planet earth. They are CNN people, FOX people, firemen, policemen, politicians, musicians, actors, carpenters, priests, gays, straights, black, white, orange and every religion. Posting a story about some guy from CNN is supposed to prove Dems are sexual predators or something? Yes, there are Dems who are, I’m sure of it. I’m still not going to vote for Trump.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don't watch Fox
Think I know what you do watch.

Breitbart front page.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:05 pm
There are people who do bad things everywhere on planet earth. They are CNN people, FOX people, firemen, policemen, politicians, musicians, actors, carpenters, priests, gays, straights, black, white, orange and every religion. Posting a story about some guy from CNN is supposed to prove Dems are sexual predators or something? Yes, there are Dems who are, I’m sure of it. I’m still not going to vote for Trump.
Wow, you think I did that for all of that? That's a bridge too far for even me, haha. Btw, it wasn't just 1 guy. It's 4, so far. How many to make it a culture? Who knows what else shakes out? Hearing Don Lemon has some sexual assault allegations, Jake Tapper has been to Epstein Island, along with new CNN guy Chris Wallace. Of course, all those things will take some time to see if they are true or not.

You're right though, there are bad actors in all careers & professions. Hell, the clergy and many churches have all kinds of problems. You can watch and follow Church Militant to see them expose the bad actors in the Catholic church.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:50 am
I don't watch Fox
Think I know what you do watch.

Breitbart front page.
Nope, never ever watched or read Breitbart. Honestly, I don't really watch any particular news shows. I get a little from all over, even CNN, Bloomberg, MSNBC, NYT, TYT, & WaPo, ect.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Come on in2. Who are you kidding? You are a die hard right winger with a “Let’s Go Brandon “ signature. You don’t go to any right wing news sites but, only post right wing stances? None of those sites you posted are talking about CNN sex scandals I don’t believe. You got it from someplace else.

The only reason you posted it was to troll Dems here. It’s all good. We probably posted about all the sex scandals that have happened at FOX so it’s fair game.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:55 pm
Come on in2. Who are you kidding? You are a die hard right winger with a “Let’s Go Brandon “ signature. You don’t go to any right wing news sites but, only post right wing stances? None of those sites you posted are talking about CNN sex scandals I don’t believe. You got it from someplace else.

The only reason you posted it was to troll Dems here. It’s all good. We probably posted about all the sex scandals that have happened at FOX so it’s fair game.
You miss understood what I said. I don't exclusively go to any site or broadcast. I don't go to just left or right. I go to all kinds of sites. And I'd post about sex scandals at Fox if and when they happen. You just feel the urge to come cape for these idiots for some unknown reason that is wild to me. Let me tell you, they don't give a rats @$$ who you are or that you stick up for them.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m not defending CNN. I’m just pointing out the only reason you are posting about them here is to troll dems. FOX has had their share of sex scandals.

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-sexual-hara ... l-oreilly/
July 6, 2016: Gretchen Carlson files lawsuit against Roger Ailes

July 19, 2016: Megyn Kelly says she was sexually harassed by Ailes

July 9, 2016: Six other women claim Ailes harassed them

July 19, 2016: Megyn Kelly says she was sexually harassed by Ailes

July 21, 2016: Ailes resigns

Jan. 10, 2017: Bill O’Reilly settlement comes to light

March 8, 2017: Fox News settles with Tamara N. Holder

Fox News paid former on-air contributor Tamara N. Holder more than $2.5 million following allegations that Fox News Latino vice president Francisco Cortes tried to coerce her into performing oral sex on him.

March 24, 2017: Fox News comptroller Judy Slater sacked

Fox News has fired longtime comptroller Judy Slater after an internal investigation concluded she had engaged in a pattern of racist comments and behavior; several of the employees later filed lawsuits against the network over the incidents.

April 1, 2017: Claims against O’Reilly settled for $13 million

A New York Times investigation found that O’Reilly and Fox News had paid $13 million in total to five women who had worked or appeared on “O’Reilly Factor” over the years and made claims of sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior.

April 3, 2017: Another lawsuit against Ailes and Fox News

Fox News contributor Julie Roginsky filed a lawsuit accusing Ailes of sexually harassing her. She also alleged that Fox News co-president Bill Shine retaliated against her for making the claims. Ailes denied the allegations, and Shine declined to comment.

April 19, 2017: Fox News cuts ties with O’Reilly

April 21, 2017: Debbie Schlussel claims Sean Hannity invited her to his hotel

April 24, 2017: Andrea Tarantos files her own lawsuit

Andrea Tantaros, a former host of the Fox show “The Five,” filed a new lawsuit against Ailes, Shine and other network executives, claiming that an extensive online harassment campaign had been waged against her.

May 1, 2017: Bill Shine resigns

Following Roginsky and Tarantos’ lawsuits, Fox News announced that Shine was exiting the network.

May 19, 2017: Bob Beckel fired at Fox News

June 19, 2017: Investigation by the state of New York

The New York State Division on Human Rights launched an investigation into Fox News, over her sexual harassment claims by former “O’Reilly Factor” guest commentator Wendy Walsh against O’Reilly

July 3, 2017: Fox Sports fires Jamie Horowtiz

Jamie Horowitz was abruptly ousted from his position as president Fox Sports National Networks amid allegations of sexual harassment against Horowitz

July 6, 2017: Fox Business suspends Charles Payne

Charles Payne, the host of Fox Business’ “Making Money,” was suspended by the network due to an investigation over a three-year relationship with a married political analyst who appeared as a guest on Fox Business and Fox News, the Los Angeles Times reported. Payne denied allegations of sexual harassment, calling them an “ugly lie.”

June 20121
Fox News agreed to pay a record $1 million to settle an investigation by the New York City Commission on Human Rights into what a panel called a “culture of pervasive sexual harassment and retaliation at the network.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think there is anything special or exempt about Fox.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s where most Conservatives go to get their “news”. If you are even more right of them Breitbart is a popular choice. OAN made a lot of gains under Trump by embracing his whole steal thing. If you want to go after a company it’s easy to do. Type their name and then sex scandal after it into Google.

Chick-Fil-A? The wholesome Conservative anti LGBT fast food place? Certainly no sexual improprieties would be going on there.

Chick-fil-A Manager Accused of Sexually Assaulting Juvenile Employee
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... ee/159133/

Suit contends Chick-fil-A manager in Fairfield sexually harassed young female employees
https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-ne ... employees/

19-year-old Chick-fil-A worker files sexual harassment lawsuit
https://www.gallup-law.com/blog/2013/09 ... t-lawsuit/

Chick-fil-A owner accused of sex harassment
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/bu ... story.html

What’s going on over there?

I did Georgia Pacific next because that was owned by the Koch brothers/brother and they are one of the most famous rich Republican donors out there. I did “georgia pacific sexual claims” as the search this time and it came up with a whole bunch of sexaul cases against Georgia Pacific’s management.

alleging sex discrimination in violation of RCW 49.60 and the tort of ...

georgia-pacific gypsum to pay $75000 to settle eeoc sexual ...https://www.eeoc.gov › newsroom › georgia-pacific-gy...
Feb 12, 2009 — MILWAUKEE – Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC will pay more than $75,000 to settle sexual harassment and retaliation lawsuits brought by the U.S. Equal ...
People also search for
gender harassment

Affirmative Action Employment Policy - Georgia-Pacific!https://www.gp.com › legal › careers-notifications › affi...
The company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices because of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual ...

Chitwood v. Georgia-Pacific Corporation - Casetexthttps://casetext.com › ... › 9th Cir. › D. OR › 2006 › July
Plaintiff brings this action asserting claims of discrimination based on her sex under Title VII and under state law, and intentional infliction of ...

Ortiz v. Pacific, 973 F. Supp. 2d 1162 | Casetext Search + Citatorhttps://casetext.com › ... › ED CA › 2013 › September
The FAC also alleges GP aided and abetted the co-worker's sexual harassment in violation ... Plaintiff claims that, beginning in June 2010, Maria Salamanca, ...

GLASGOW v. GEORGIA-PACIFIC | 103 Wn.2d 401 - CaseMinehttps://www.casemine.com › ... › 1985 › January
Two female employees brought suit against their employer, Georgia-Pacific Corporation, alleging sex discrimination in violation of RCW 49.60 and the tort of ...

COLBERT v. GEORGIA-PACIFIC CORP., (N.D.Tex ... - CaseMinehttps://www.casemine.com › ... › 1998 › January
Georgia-Pacific's sexual harassment policy was also posted in the plant. ... A hostile work environment claim arises when a plaintiff alleges sexual ...

HENRY v. GEORGIA PACIFIC CORPORATION - FindLaw ...https://caselaw.findlaw.com › ... › AL Supreme Ct.
In H.M., this Court dealt with a claim by parents, on behalf of their minor child, alleging same-sex sexual harassment by one of their child's teachers. In ...

Glasgow v. Georgia Pacific Corp., 103 Wn.2d 401 (Wash. 1985)https://gwilliamslaw.com › wa-employment-law-digest
Jul 1, 2021 — This article is a case summary of Glasgow v. Georgia Pacific Corp., 103 Wn.2d 401 (Wash. 1985). The primary subject is sexual harassment.

EEOC v. GEORGIA PACIFIC - Civil Rights Litigation ...https://www.clearinghouse.net › detail
Apr 5, 2013 · 1 post
GEORGIA PACIFIC, EE-NC-0129 ... sex discrimination, and retaliation at their place of employment (Georgia Pacific Corporation).

What next? Want to look up assault cases against various churches? How about we try to find the least likely place to have a sexual assault claim of some kind against them and see how many we find?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Knock yourself out, Nodack. I don't claim any of these places are exempt of impropriety. Just like I didn't say that Fox was exempt from them either.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think Nodack is just referring to your selective posting of liberal impropriety versus conservative impropriety.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Exactly. I was pointing out that you can go basically to any group of people on planet earth and find sexual improprieties if you look hard enough. In2, you only come here to post dirt on Dems. Apparently you’ve never come across any sexual improprieties from Conservatives in all those many news sites you visit. Then again all news is fake that isn’t pro Conservative so, maybe you have come across news of Cons doing bad things and just figured it was fake news.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In In2 defense he’s kind of addressed this before. He’s really the only conservative voice on this message board and he’s bringing up stuff he doesn’t feel like would otherwise. He wasn’t talking about sexual impropriety specifically, but it’s still similar.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I only support organizations with zero problems and zero impropriety. That's why I support the Catholic church!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:31 am
I only support organizations with zero problems and zero impropriety. That's why I support the Catholic church!
Lol 😆 That gave a chuckle. Well done.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:51 am
In In2 defense he’s kind of addressed this before. He’s really the only conservative voice on this message board and he’s bringing up stuff he doesn’t feel like would otherwise. He wasn’t talking about sexual impropriety specifically, but it’s still similar.
Thank you. I was just about to post this, but felt it was silly to keep repeating myself. You're exactly right.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:51 am
I vaguely remember a long time ago, when Sose was running the message boards, someone posted an article about groupthink and how when all members of a group thought the same way without dissenting voices or debate the group's ideas would veer wildly off in that direction.

Yes, I was a lurker on the AZ Central boards before that when Cubby was spouting 0 & 30 whatever all the time.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Yes but if you’re conscious of groupthink then one should be inclined to mitigate its impact … which some of us definitely do.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

I’d say anyone standing up for In2 needs to check themselves - ‘the sole conservative voice’ doesn’t carry any weight on its own when his information and evidence comes predominantly from quack sources.

By default, In2 is a quack.