Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Immigration

Post by In2ition »

Update on the Rancher and trial.

George Kelly: Prosecutors will not re-try Arizona rancher accused of murder
By Kenneth WongUpdated April 29, 2024 4:43pm MSTSanta Cruz CountyFOX 10 Phoenix
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/georg ... -of-murder

PHOENIX - Prosecutors say they will not retry George Kelly, an Arizona rancher charged with a fatal shooting near Mexico border.

Kelly, 75, was charged with second-degree murder in the January 30, 2023, shooting of Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea. The decision came a week after a mistrial was declared. A lone juror was reportedly the reason for the mistrial.

After the mistrial, the Santa Cruz County Attorney's Office had the option to retry Kelly - or to drop the case.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A loon who shot an innocent man dead because he was brainwashed to hate immigrants due to GOP media. And now he walks free.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 am
A loon who shot an innocent man dead because he was brainwashed to hate immigrants due to GOP media. And now he walks free.
Were you the lone juror that thought he was guilty?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:53 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Yeah, if all but one juror found him not guilty, I’m inclined to accept that judgment.

Would be nice if you showed such deference to juries in Trump cases, In2.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 am
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Yeah, if all but one juror found him not guilty, I’m inclined to accept that judgment.

It would be hard in places where it's not possible to get a fair trial. I wish I could. NY and DC don't count when it comes to political trials.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:43 pm
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

It would be hard in places where it's not possible to get a fair trial. I wish I could. NY and DC don't count when it comes to political trials.
But red state juries you can trust. Got it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:27 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:43 pm
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

But red state juries you can trust. Got it.
Idk, is there a difference between a state that is 55-60% red and one that's district is 95% blue? You're probably better at math than me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I'm sorry; I was wrong. I want to retract my previous post. I thought that all but one juror wanted to find him guilty, but one holdout let him walk free. If all jurors but one felt he was innocent, I find that compelling and feel like I should accept and abide by it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:12 am
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I'm sorry; I was wrong. I want to retract my previous post. I thought that all but one juror wanted to find him guilty, but one holdout let him walk free. If all jurors but one felt he was innocent, I find that compelling and feel like I should accept and abide by it.
No worries. No need to apologize.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The court system isn’t perfect. This man should count his blessings and know he almost went to jail for murder. Not everyone gets off with a get out of jail free card. The jurors were deadlocked and a mistrial was proclaimed. Prosecutors decided not to have another trial and the guy walks.

“Because of the unique circumstances and challenges surrounding this case, the Santa Cruz County Attorney’s Office has decided not to seek a retrial,” Deputy County Attorney Kimberly Hunley told Fink Monday.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:32 am
The court system isn’t perfect. This man should count his blessings and know he almost went to jail for murder. Not everyone gets off with a get out of jail free card. The jurors were deadlocked and a mistrial was proclaimed. Prosecutors decided not to have another trial and the guy walks.

“Because of the unique circumstances and challenges surrounding this case, the Santa Cruz County Attorney’s Office has decided not to seek a retrial,” Deputy County Attorney Kimberly Hunley told Fink Monday.
In a county that voted 78.46% for Biden, you think he's guilty, because 1 out of 12 jurors said he was? Technically, they were deadlocked, but it was just 1 holdout. If you just heard they were deadlocked, you would think it was something like half and half.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is coming through the border, so I guess this is part of the immigration problem.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Good information on what's going on with Guatemala and how the Biden admin is getting involved.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My dear sweet mother has Fox News brain worms and believes all of this stuff. She is always telling me on the phone how the Dems have 11 million illegals voting for them in 2024. How? Who knows. She thinks the Dems passed a law making it legal for illegals to vote in the 2024 election and they'll all turn out to help Sleepy Joe steal another election. Sad.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How would that happen? How would an illegal migrant vote in a federal election?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:06 am
You tell us. You're the one spreading voting fraud rumors.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
I think her logic is that the evil Dems have passed a bunch of laws saying nobody has to show any kind of ID to vote (?), therefore even though it is technically not allowed for an illegal immigrant to vote, they can just show up and do it and they won't get caught. All of that isn't true, but that is what she has seen and heard and believes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:13 am
In2ition wrote:
I think her logic is that the evil Dems have passed a bunch of laws saying nobody has to show any kind of ID to vote (?), therefore even though it is technically not allowed for an illegal immigrant to vote, they can just show up and do it and they won't get caught. All of that isn't true, but that is what she has seen and heard and believes.
Hmm, I think you are right in a sense. It may be part of it, but not the whole thing. Certain things are allowed in states and could be much easier than others for this to happen. Is there a fool proof way to eliminate all voting fraud? I don't think that is possible, but there are ways to make it much harder, imo. You would have to think about this in a way to want to cheat the system.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:52 am
My dear sweet mother has Fox News brain worms and believes all of this stuff. She is always telling me on the phone how the Dems have 11 million illegals voting for them in 2024. How? Who knows. She thinks the Dems passed a law making it legal for illegals to vote in the 2024 election and they'll all turn out to help Sleepy Joe steal another election. Sad.

Been there done that.