Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Immigration

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:32 am
Probably not arrested for breaking and entering, since you own it. I think the rule is that you would get arrested if you changed the locks and locked the squatters out. If anyone knows all the laws regarding squatters, please interject.
That is ridiculous if true.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:52 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:21 am
2nd Amendment uber alles.
So you agree with the ruling by this judge?
Have you read it?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Have you read it?
Yes, from what I could find. She said in his case that Title 18 is unconstitutional and "The noncitizen possession statute, [Title 18], violates the Second Amendment as applied to Carbajal-Flores,” the judge wrote. “Thus, the Court grants Carbajal-Flores’ motion to dismiss."

Did I miss something?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:19 pm
Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Have you read it?
Yes, from what I could find. She said in his case that Title 18 is unconstitutional and "The noncitizen possession statute, [Title 18], violates the Second Amendment as applied to Carbajal-Flores,” the judge wrote. “Thus, the Court grants Carbajal-Flores’ motion to dismiss."

Did I miss something?
Beats me. It’s a fairly long ruling from which you have quoted two short phrases.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I saw this and thought it was funny for this thread.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is sad news. It doesn't have anything to do with immigration as I can tell, but still squatters. Unfortunately, the law might be on the squatters side, which is outrageous.

Two squatters who took over NYC home of woman found beaten to death, stuffed in duffel bag are being sought for murder: cops
By Social Links forTina Moore and Social Links forEmily Crane
Published March 21, 2024, 4:35 p.m. ET
https://nypost.com/2024/03/21/us-news/t ... uffle-bag/
Two squatters are being sought over the gruesome murder of a 52-year-old woman whose body was found stuffed in a duffel bag inside her late mother’s upscale Manhattan apartment last week, police said Thursday.

The victim, Nadia Vitel, was savagely beaten by the two perps when she discovered them holed up inside the 19th-floor apartment on East 31st Street last week, according to cops.

Having just flown in from Spain, Vitel had gone to her late mom’s apartment — which had been vacant for roughly three to four months — to start prepping it so a family friend could move in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I laughed at your Babylon Bee link despite myself.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The 'Checkmate:' got me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:36 am
This is sad news. It doesn't have anything to do with immigration as I can tell, but still squatters. Unfortunately, the law might be on the squatters side, which is outrageous.

Two squatters who took over NYC home of woman found beaten to death, stuffed in duffel bag are being sought for murder: cops
By Social Links forTina Moore and Social Links forEmily Crane
Published March 21, 2024, 4:35 p.m. ET
https://nypost.com/2024/03/21/us-news/t ... uffle-bag/
Two squatters are being sought over the gruesome murder of a 52-year-old woman whose body was found stuffed in a duffel bag inside her late mother’s upscale Manhattan apartment last week, police said Thursday.

The victim, Nadia Vitel, was savagely beaten by the two perps when she discovered them holed up inside the 19th-floor apartment on East 31st Street last week, according to cops.

Having just flown in from Spain, Vitel had gone to her late mom’s apartment — which had been vacant for roughly three to four months — to start prepping it so a family friend could move in.
Squatting Gone Wrong.

Yeah, that's absolutely horrible. This stuff is non-political and stuff we all agree on. Probably could be in General.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republican rhetoric and propaganda has people so angry that they're doing things like this.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm
Republican rhetoric and propaganda has people so angry that they're doing things like this.

I don't get the reason to post this?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

See thread title.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

I don't get the reason to post this?
If the rancher was shot by the migrant you would have posted this here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

When you present it the way you did, it is made to sound like ALL Reps want to just hunt down immigrants, which is not the case, and you know it. There is always the extreme all over the place. We can let the facts and justice play out here.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think it read that way at all…just made a correlation from Republican rhetoric to this guys actions.

Makes sense to me…talk enough about how immigrants are ruining our country and need to be stopped and someone will do something about it, like this rancher did.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So you can't talk about the levels of immigrants illegally entering through the border that is not the legal port of entry is now rhetoric that caused this? Give me a break.

Calling out illegal behavior is not rhetoric that causes this.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:50 pm
So you can't talk about the levels of immigrants illegally entering through the border that is not the legal port of entry is now rhetoric that caused this? Give me a break.

Calling out illegal behavior is not rhetoric that causes this.
It’s how you talk about it…this is a quote from your chosen leader talking about illegal immigrants

“destroying the blood of our country, they're destroying the fabric of our country."

He also said they are “poisoning the blood of our country”

You don’t see the problem with that?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:02 pm
When you present it the way you did, it is made to sound like ALL Reps want to just hunt down immigrants, which is not the case, and you know it. There is always the extreme all over the place. We can let the facts and justice play out here.
I made it sound like if the roles were reversed you would have felt compelled to post it because a migrant killed a rancher and that’s huge news. A rancher killing a migrant isn’t news worthy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Apparently, you are wrong, since it immediately made news and the rancher was arrested.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wasn’t talking about the news. I was talking about you. You implied it wasn’t worthy of being in the immigration thread. I replied if the roles were reversed you would have posted it yourself.