Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Immigration

Post by Mori Chu »

The unifying value that binds the Republican party together is racism, and most particularly racism against immigrants.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ah Georgia, where ya can't even go for a jog if you're brown.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Biden administration ADMITS flying 320,000 migrants secretly into the U.S. to reduce the number of crossings at the border has national security 'vulnerabilities'
By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com In Dallas, Texas
13:41 EST 04 Mar 2024 , updated 17:47 EST 04 Mar 2024
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ility.html
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Daily Mail is a UK tabloid. What would they know about the US border?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:19 am
Daily Mail is a UK tabloid. What would they know about the US border?
Daily Mail is not a UK tabloid. You are reaching.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

If I google Daily Mail it calls it a British Tabloid…how would you define it?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
As a right-wing tabloid,[1][2][3] the Mail is traditionally a supporter of the Conservative Party.
I don't see why I should give the time of day to some crappy rag shat out by right-wing British loons.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:02 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail
As a right-wing tabloid,[1][2][3] the Mail is traditionally a supporter of the Conservative Party.
I don't see why I should give the time of day to some crappy rag shat out by right-wing British loons.
Maybe you should set the rules up so that you define only the sources you deem worthy. Why do we have to have these ridiculous conversations over and over where we keep talking in circles, since it upsets your sensibilities so much that you have to comment on the source?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You can talk about whatever you like. I just will give more credence and participation to stories with better quality sources behind them. I really doubt that Joe Biden is willingly secretly flying in 320k illegals into the country and then "admitting" to it. It just sounds like such bunk. If there's a better article about it I'm happy to read it. And there aren't any rules, you can share that source if you like, and others are free to look at it and engage with it if they want to. But I will pass.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:42 am
You can talk about whatever you like. I just will give more credence and participation to stories with better quality sources behind them. I really doubt that Joe Biden is willingly secretly flying in 320k illegals into the country and then "admitting" to it. It just sounds like such bunk. If there's a better article about it I'm happy to read it. And there aren't any rules, you can share that source if you like, and others are free to look at it and engage with it if they want to. But I will pass.
Maybe you can explain what the difference is? Nodack just posted an article from Metro, which is a tabloid style, but you didn't complain. And, I thought you didn't like Wiki, as it wasn't a good source?

Btw, yes Biden did do this and it's documented in the article through a FOIA request(you know what those are, right?).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Are they really illegal if they are allowed to fly in? The article says they are getting in by using the app from Customs and Border Patrol(CBP One). Can disagree with the policy but I wouldn’t call them illegal immigrants.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's a good question. If they CBP aren't allowed to do their job and are instructed to just process them, does it make it any less illegal or does that blame then fall to the powers that be?

It's kind of like when someone commits a crime and is released & not charged, is it still a crime? Shoplifting happened in front of Gavin Newsom at Target, was it a crime if no one is going to do anything about it?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think it’s the same as shoplifting without prosecution…if they are being told to use the app and whoever processes it is allowing it, it seems to be on the policy makers. It’s more like if target was allowing people to take whatever they want.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:17 pm
I don’t think it’s the same as shoplifting without prosecution…if they are being told to use the app and whoever processes it is allowing it, it seems to be on the policy makers. It’s more like if target was allowing people to take whatever they want.
I wouldn't suggest trying that out yourself, but there has been reports that this is allowed.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I still don’t think it’s the same thing. One is being facilitated by our government and one is just not being punished. No one is bringing people to target and telling them to steal things.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:13 pm
I still don’t think it’s the same thing. One is being facilitated by our government and one is just not being punished. No one is bringing people to target and telling them to steal things.
Idk, the DA's in most of these areas have made it a policy to not arrest or prosecute anyone for what they consider petty crimes below $1000.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:14 pm
Split T wrote:
Idk, the DA's in most of these areas have made it a policy to not arrest or prosecute anyone for what they consider petty crimes below $1000.
That’s still different than being told to take stuff. These immigrants are being told this is the process to seek asylum. They are just following it.

It’s like inviting your friend to your house, telling them to eat what they want and then calling them a thief. You can’t invite someone into your country and then call them illegal. There is a space between citizen and illegal immigrant and these people fall in there.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:14 pm
Split T wrote:
That’s still different than being told to take stuff. These immigrants are being told this is the process to seek asylum. They are just following it.

It’s like inviting your friend to your house, telling them to eat what they want and then calling them a thief. You can’t invite someone into your country and then call them illegal. There is a space between citizen and illegal immigrant and these people fall in there.
Inviting them in would be treason, since it's a blatant violation of the laws and oath to protect the borders and US from invasion. It's one of the main jobs of the President and his administration.

When the DAs say quite proudly that they won't prosecute, it tells the police to look the other way and invites people to just go ahead and steal without recourse. Even the employees are told to just let them go and to not stop them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Immigration is invasion now?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Moron Elon has picked this up, so you know it must be legit. Or that Elon swims in the same swamp of garbage media that In2 does.