Cancel Culture

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Cancel Culture

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:00 pm
Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:55 am
I am no doctor or expert but I have my own opinion. Plenty of doctors have opinions too and they vary greatly. There have been gay people as long as there have been people. Why are we even attracted to other people sexually? Why are any animals attracted to their mates? It’s built into us. We really don’t know why, it just is. As a result of mating an animal is born. Men and women are real close to being the same. Sometime after the sperm meets the egg it get’s decided on it’s sex. Sometimes things go wrong and people can be born with all kinds of birth defects. They are tall or short or smart or not so smart. Some are born male and are attracted to males. Some are born female and are attracted to females. Some are born and are attracted to people of either sex. Most are born and are straight.
You don't think experiences can change a person's sexuality? You think it's all decided by birth? It doesn't seem like a coincidence that many gay people have been molested as a child.
I think you would be shocked to find out what percentage of the population (regardless of attraction) have been sexually molested as kids.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:43 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
I am no doctor or expert but I have my own opinion. Plenty of doctors have opinions too and they vary greatly. There have been gay people as long as there have been people. Why are we even attracted to other people sexually? Why are any animals attracted to their mates? It’s built into us. We really don’t know why, it just is. As a result of mating an animal is born. Men and women are real close to being the same. Sometime after the sperm meets the egg it get’s decided on it’s sex. Sometimes things go wrong and people can be born with all kinds of birth defects. They are tall or short or smart or not so smart. Some are born male and are attracted to males. Some are born female and are attracted to females. Some are born and are attracted to people of either sex. Most are born and are straight.
You don't think experiences can change a person's sexuality? You think it's all decided by birth? It doesn't seem like a coincidence that many gay people have been molested as a child.
I think you would be shocked to find out what percentage of the population (regardless of attraction) have been sexually molested as kids.
That is a very sad statement.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yep. And it is a cycle. Hard to find predators that weren't abused. And there isn't usually just a 1 predator to one victim relationship. So it kind of grows like a pyramid scheme.

And a ton of it happens before kids are in 3rd grade. So we need to be talking about this shit in school very, very early.

The stats say it is about 33% of girls and 20% of boys. But a third is never reported, even after the kids become adults. So it is probably closer to 1 in every 2 women, and 2 in every 5 boys. That would mean of the 330M people in just the US, ~150M people were sexually assaulted at some point as kids.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:25 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
I do think experiences can change a person’s sexuality. Being molested as a child is a horrible thing and can mess up a person the rest of their lives. I think some people were gay or bisexual the whole time and repressed it for a long time until one day they decided to not care what other people thought or one day they met someone of the same sex that they were attracted to and had no control over their feelings. Testosterone levels and estrogen can have a great effect on sexuality. Some say we are all born a little bisexual. All I know is that if I see a naked man and a women my eye will go right to the woman. The thought of kissing another man grosses me out. I get a little freaked out when I see these photoshop makeovers of guys and girls changed into the opposite sex. Some of these men made up as women are actually attractive and that scares me. It makes me see how little difference there is between a man and a woman.

Tom Brady

Well, based on our common experiences, we know that to be BS.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:43 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
I'm sure I would be. I may have said this before but when I was pre-adolescent, I had a female babysitter be inappropriate with me. I didn't even recall it until many years later. Maybe I had repressed it. She wanted to play "mommy and daddy" and I believe we were naked in bed together. I can't recall if she touched me "there" directly but we at least laid naked next to each other. Actually, as I attempt to remember and describe this, I think she had me run my hand up and down between her buttocks.
"Be Legendary."