Israel / Palestine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Israel / Palestine

Post by Mori Chu »

Should we have a thread about this? The two sides are escalating their violence recently. It's sad. Who is to blame? What should we do?

3rdside

Re: Israel / Palestine

Post by 3rdside »

When genocide seems like a viable option, or indeed it’s the actually strategy, something’s gone horribly wrong.

And I dare say it’s the potential genocide-ers who should take the ultimate blame on that basis.

But what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:04 pm
Should we have a thread about this? The two sides are escalating their violence recently. It's sad. Who is to blame? What should we do?
This happens every decade or so and I suspect it will continue for the rest of time no matter what. Yes, it’s sad. Who is to blame? That’s a loaded question that gets a different answer depending on who you talk to. What should we do? We ask them to stop. They stop when they are good and ready to stop and not a moment sooner. Discussing this seems pointless to me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The longer a population is living under occupation, the more desperate they get. It is an apartheid.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just got a NYT alert of a cease fire.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Well its one groups country and the other group is killing them and pushing them out of their own country... So I think the answer is quite clear.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. They're going to oust Netanyahu:

Israeli opposition parties reach agreement to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
By Shira Rubin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... story.html

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah hasn't he lost like 3 elections in a row? They just couldn't form a unified government to oust him.

But the guy that is likely to replace him is just as far right and has openly said that Palestine will only get a state over his dead body.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't understand why the US helps Israel so unconditionally 0. It seems like they have a radical government and persecute the Palestinians on their land. Can't we just cut aid to them until they behave better?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:52 pm
I don't understand why the US helps Israel so unconditionally 0. It seems like they have a radical government and persecute the Palestinians on their land. Can't we just cut aid to them until they behave better?
We can do that, but we won't. Everyone (both sides) are afraid to cut funding for them. But they commit war crimes daily. Of course, we don't have much room to speak on that.