World Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
virtual9mm

Re: World Politics

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:38 pm
A shitty human.

How many billionaires care about slave labor and concentration camps?
Ugh. Even if you can't really do anything about it, you really should not go off the deep end like this.

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:47 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:38 pm
A shitty human.

How many billionaires care about slave labor and concentration camps?
Ugh. Even if you can't really do anything about it, you really should not go off the deep end like this.
Exactly. And it wasn't like he misspoke in the moment. He was direct, stood firm, and repeated it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:25 am
And now he's trying to backpedal after the angry reaction it's getting. But he issues one of those non-apology apologies. And the Warriors team issues a statement saying he doesn't represent their views. Bleh.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... ing-armada

Russia's Landing Ships Are Headed To The Mediterranean To Join A Growing Armada (Updated)
The six Russian amphibious ships, a cruiser, and a destroyer are converging on the Mediterranean, where a U.S. carrier strike group is also sailing.
BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
JANUARY 21, 2022
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:09 pm
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... ing-armada

Russia's Landing Ships Are Headed To The Mediterranean To Join A Growing Armada (Updated)
The six Russian amphibious ships, a cruiser, and a destroyer are converging on the Mediterranean, where a U.S. carrier strike group is also sailing.
BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
JANUARY 21, 2022
Maybe we should make a dedicated Russia thread to discuss the ongoing rising tensions. Ugh; hope it doesn't lead to war.

In2, what is your take on the situation? What do you think the US / Biden admin should do at the present moment?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really don't know what to think about this situation and I'm sitting here like everyone else watching it unfold. It feels like this is going to be our Cuban Missile Crisis moment. Ukraine isn't part of NATO, and Putin sure doesn't want them to be, because that is more of a threat to Russia.

As far as what Biden should do, I also don't know. He allowed Putin to have his gas pipeline and essentially control most of the power to Europe. In essence, that could have been a decision that emboldened Putin. Part of me wants him to stay out of foreign entanglements.

I did see this this morning.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_ ... Assurances
The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances refers to three identical political agreements signed at the OSCE conference in Budapest, Hungary on 5 December 1994 to provide security assurances by its signatories relating to the accession of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The memorandum was originally signed by three nuclear powers: the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, and the United States. China and France gave somewhat weaker individual assurances in separate documents.[1]

The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, Baelarus and Kazakhstan.

In 2009, Russia and the United States released a joint statement that the memorandum's security assurances would still be respected after the expiration of the START Treaty.[6]

After the annexation of Crimea by Russia in 2014, Canada,[7] France, Germany, Italy, Japan,[8] the UK[9] and US[10][11] stated that Russian involvement was a breach of its Budapest Memorandum obligations to Ukraine which had been transmitted to the United Nations under the signature of Sergei Lavrov and others,[12] and in violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity. On 4 March 2014, the Russian president Vladimir Putin replied to a question on the violation of the Budapest Memorandum, describing the current Ukrainian situation as a revolution: "a new state arises, but with this state and in respect to this state, we have not signed any obligatory documents."[13] Russia stated that it had never been under obligation to "force any part of Ukraine's civilian population to stay in Ukraine against its will." Russia tried to suggest that the US was in violation of the Budapest Memorandum and described the Euromaidan as a US-instigated coup.[14]

The Budapest Memorandum was negotiated at political level, but it is not entirely clear whether the instrument is devoid entirely of legal provisions. It refers to assurances, but it does not impose a legal obligation of military assistance on its parties.[1][19] According to Stephen MacFarlane, a professor of international relations, "It gives signatories justification if they take action, but it does not force anyone to act in Ukraine."[18] In the US, neither the George H. W. Bush administration nor the Clinton administration was prepared to give a military commitment to Ukraine, and they did not believe the US Senate would ratify an international treaty and so the memorandum was adopted in more limited terms.[19] The memorandum has a requirement of consultation among the parties "in the event a situation arises that raises a question concerning the... commitments" set out in the memorandum.[20] Whether or not the memorandum sets out legal obligations, the difficulties that Ukraine has encountered since early 2014 may cast doubt on the credibility of future security guarantees that are offered in exchange for nonproliferation commitments.[21] Regardless, the United States publicly maintains that "the Memorandum is not legally binding."[22]

We got them to give up their nukes in exchange for assurances of protection in case of invasion from the outside. Now we say we are not legally bound to that agreement as Russia is poised to invade. Pretty sad. Sorry you are about to be invaded. I know we said we would protect you if you were attacked but, that was when you had nukes. Now that they are gone, here’s some ammunition. Hope it helps. We are going to evacuate all our people because we don’t want any of our people to get hurt. Good luck.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Well, Republicans love war, so you must be happy, right? :-) Mostly kidding, but ugh. I'm sad that we will probably end up getting drawn into Vlad Putin's little weewee-measuring contest.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'll laugh at your mostly kidding. I am definitely not pro war, and I certainly do not want to see us get into a confrontation there. I can't imagine open warfare being a positive for anyone other than the evil people that want it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sick burn, dude.

Now if he's talking about the County that Bozeman, MT is in(according to the show Yellowstone), I would totally agree with him, haha.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What do you suggest Biden do in2? How would you deal with the situation? Deep down I know whatever he does, Republicans are going to say it was the opposite thing we should be doing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:39 pm
What do you suggest Biden do in2? How would you deal with the situation? Deep down I know whatever he does, Republicans are going to say it was the opposite thing we should be doing.
only after he does it. But you will find lots of takes saying he should do exactly whatever he does before, by the same people, that they delete/completely ignore for political gain later.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:50 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:39 pm
only after he does it. But you will find lots of takes saying he should do exactly whatever he does before, by the same people, that they delete/completely ignore for political gain later.
Tbh, I'm not totally sure what he should do, but what he's done has sucked. As someone with 2 draft age eligible boys, and another that is going to turn 17 soon, already in JrROTC, along with a plan to join the military between his Junior and Senior yrs, it is a high concern for me. I don't think he should have lifted the sanctions on the pipeline, while killing ours here. We've been over that. He's already seen as weak, basically telling Putin to go into the Ukraine last week. He's looked at as a weak minded fool, with cognitive issues, that is continuing to show small bouts of anger. He got France to pull out their diplomats over the Submarine contracts. The UK sanctioned him over his Afghanistan withdraw, and he shit himself in the Vatican. The guy is going to get us all killed, or eating bugs to stay alive. This isn't going to war with a bunch of goat herders.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He’s seen as weak, basically telling Putin to go into the Ukraine and he’s sending our boys into war with Putin. Sounds like taking both sides of an issue to me. He’s not doing enough to fight off Putin while simultaneously rattling his war saber and is going to get us all killed in a war.

China is threatening Australia. Biden is helping them with nuclear subs because they are an close ally. France doesn’t like it. You a Republican took France’s side. That’s kind of funny.

He shit himself? Of course nobody has any proof whatsoever of that actually happening but Republicans sure do like to say it.

Biden isn’t as sharp as he used to be but he isn’t an evil mafia boss dictator like Trump is. Like I said, I would take a mangy old three legged dog with rabies before Trump as President. Trump is evil. We have three years left of Democracy and then Republicans kill it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Let's hear about what Trump did that was dictator like. Go ahead and give us a list.

Yes, he shit himself. This was the rumor that was going through the Swiss guards in the Vatican. This was also why he was there a bit longer than he was supposed to be, and had to change his suit. Do we have proof? How the f do you think we would get that? You want the shit filled pants as proof?

France had a deal with Australia for Nuclear subs too, but they are a different type than the ones the US contractors make. When France pulled the Ambassadors, they were obviously pissed that we knifed them in the back. Biden didn't know anything about it.

Yeah, Biden is a dope and a dangerous idiot. You keep trying to bail the water out of the sinking boat, but it's in vain. If he isn't a fool, then he's screwing all of us on purpose. Inflation, crime increases, going to war are all on him, and if he's doing it on purpose, then he driving this country off the cliff on purpose. That makes him the evil one, which he is. Heck, his own daughter said that he molested her when she was young. This is effectively substantiated and confirmed after the FBI declared the diary was real.

As for him caring about the troops. It sure didn't look like he did when failed to kill the suicide bomber in Afghanistan that they knew was coming for the entrance. They were tracking him, and that's why those American soldiers were trying to get as many people in as possible, before they lost their lives. And you would think he would show some respect for them when their coffins came back, but he kept looking down at his watch, like he had somewhere else to be. Did you see that part? I don't recall you calling him out on that. He gives a crap about sniffing kids, making his family wealthy, destroying the country, and getting his afternoon nap followed by a nice ice-cream cone.
Last edited by In2ition on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’ve made so many lists here. Hard to imagine you not seeing at least seven or eight of them. Ya, Biden is intentionally causing inflation, crime and going to war to drive the country over the cliff on purpose. Sure, whatever you say.