World Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:24 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:59 am
Not really arguing. Just pointing out facts as I see them.
Strawman arguments are not facts, even if you see them as facts, which is odd in itself. Calling one person's data fake, while championing yours as the other person calls your own data fake, never moves the meter on either side.

That was how Republicans justified ignoring the movement. Someone burned down a building somewhere therefore that makes the entire cause null and void. BLM wasn’t protesting violence against blacks, they were just an angry mob burning and looting everything everywhere and at no point was the right wing media ever going to show or broadcast anything but pictures of violence to portray the movement as a terrorist group out to destroy America.
Violence is how a movement gets discredited by itself, and justifying the violence doesn't help the cause either. I think nearly everyone in the country was sympathetic to the cause, until there was looting(and it may not have been the BLM that did it), burning down businesses and killing people. It's not hard concept to understand, is it?

If the Girl Scout's protested, that they were pissed that someone was stealing their money from cookie sales, and those protests became looting, violence, and burning down small businesses, people would turn on them too.
I am sure there is a Republican somewhere in the US that sympathized with the BLM and thought something should be done about racist cops targeting blacks. I just haven’t met one or heard of one or seen any mention of it on any right wing site ever.

Violence is how a movement gets discredited and right wing sites have done everything in their power to portray the movement as a violent group of thugs from the beginning to discredit the movement. That’s why the right winger was trying to get them to loot show he could film it and then post it on the internet where it will get picked up by FOX and shown as proof that we shouldn’t care about racist cops and should instead hate blacks because they are violent thugs who hate America.

I don’t believe in defunding the police. I believe in making sure we hire police who aren’t violent racists who abuse their power and kill blacks for fun. Right wingers should support the same thing but, they don’t seem to give a shit. They just point out how violent blacks are and mention crime in Chicago as some sort of proof that it’s ok if a few blacks are killed by racists cops because blacks kill blacks too.
And you still continue to strawman yourself into believing ALL REPS ARE BAD. Stop. It's getting to the point that we should start suggesting counselors for you to talk to.

I don't want the police to hire violent racists.
I don't want the police to hire psychopaths who abuse their power.
I don't want police to kill blacks for fun.
No one I know that are Reps want that. No one I know period, wants that.
Everyone cares about those things, but you've been brainwashed to believe nonsense of everyone of the opposite party as you. If there is someone that actually believes all those things, they are a very small minority of psychopaths that are in both parties and have the wool pulled over your eyes. There is some weird binary paradigm that you are stuck in right now. It's kind of scary, tbh.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:39 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:24 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:59 am
Not really arguing. Just pointing out facts as I see them.
Strawman arguments are not facts, even if you see them as facts, which is odd in itself. Calling one person's data fake, while championing yours as the other person calls your own data fake, never moves the meter on either side.

That was how Republicans justified ignoring the movement. Someone burned down a building somewhere therefore that makes the entire cause null and void. BLM wasn’t protesting violence against blacks, they were just an angry mob burning and looting everything everywhere and at no point was the right wing media ever going to show or broadcast anything but pictures of violence to portray the movement as a terrorist group out to destroy America.
Violence is how a movement gets discredited by itself, and justifying the violence doesn't help the cause either. I think nearly everyone in the country was sympathetic to the cause, until there was looting(and it may not have been the BLM that did it), burning down businesses and killing people. It's not hard concept to understand, is it?

If the Girl Scout's protested, that they were pissed that someone was stealing their money from cookie sales, and those protests became looting, violence, and burning down small businesses, people would turn on them too.
I am sure there is a Republican somewhere in the US that sympathized with the BLM and thought something should be done about racist cops targeting blacks. I just haven’t met one or heard of one or seen any mention of it on any right wing site ever.

Violence is how a movement gets discredited and right wing sites have done everything in their power to portray the movement as a violent group of thugs from the beginning to discredit the movement. That’s why the right winger was trying to get them to loot show he could film it and then post it on the internet where it will get picked up by FOX and shown as proof that we shouldn’t care about racist cops and should instead hate blacks because they are violent thugs who hate America.

I don’t believe in defunding the police. I believe in making sure we hire police who aren’t violent racists who abuse their power and kill blacks for fun. Right wingers should support the same thing but, they don’t seem to give a shit. They just point out how violent blacks are and mention crime in Chicago as some sort of proof that it’s ok if a few blacks are killed by racists cops because blacks kill blacks too.
And you still continue to strawman yourself into believing ALL REPS ARE BAD. Stop. It's getting to the point that we should start suggesting counselors for you to talk to.

I don't want the police to hire violent racists.
I don't want the police to hire psychopaths who abuse their power.
I don't want police to kill blacks for fun.
No one I know that are Reps want that. No one I know period, wants that.
Everyone cares about those things, but you've been brainwashed to believe nonsense of everyone of the opposite party as you. If there is someone that actually believes all those things, they are a very small minority of psychopaths that are in both parties and have the wool pulled over your eyes. There is some weird binary paradigm that you are stuck in right now. It's kind of scary, tbh.
No counselors for me thank you. I am quite happy with my life and where I am mentally. What I’m upset about has nothing to do with me. I’m upset at what some people are doing to the country I have called home all my life. I have been a proud American all my life. It’s only recently that I can say I’m not proud of my country. I’m worried that America is done. That upsets me. Shouldn’t it? You say I’m just listening to the fake liberal media and they are all lying. I don’t subscribe to that point of view. I am pretty sure it was 99.999% Trump supporters on Jan 6th and not BLM and Antifa dressing up as them like FOX reported.

If you guys believe all those things then why not say it once. If right wing media believes all that you said why don’t they say it…once. I see read FOX News from time to time and they never say a

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:58 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:39 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:24 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:59 am
Not really arguing. Just pointing out facts as I see them.
Strawman arguments are not facts, even if you see them as facts, which is odd in itself. Calling one person's data fake, while championing yours as the other person calls your own data fake, never moves the meter on either side.

That was how Republicans justified ignoring the movement. Someone burned down a building somewhere therefore that makes the entire cause null and void. BLM wasn’t protesting violence against blacks, they were just an angry mob burning and looting everything everywhere and at no point was the right wing media ever going to show or broadcast anything but pictures of violence to portray the movement as a terrorist group out to destroy America.
Violence is how a movement gets discredited by itself, and justifying the violence doesn't help the cause either. I think nearly everyone in the country was sympathetic to the cause, until there was looting(and it may not have been the BLM that did it), burning down businesses and killing people. It's not hard concept to understand, is it?

If the Girl Scout's protested, that they were pissed that someone was stealing their money from cookie sales, and those protests became looting, violence, and burning down small businesses, people would turn on them too.
I am sure there is a Republican somewhere in the US that sympathized with the BLM and thought something should be done about racist cops targeting blacks. I just haven’t met one or heard of one or seen any mention of it on any right wing site ever.

Violence is how a movement gets discredited and right wing sites have done everything in their power to portray the movement as a violent group of thugs from the beginning to discredit the movement. That’s why the right winger was trying to get them to loot show he could film it and then post it on the internet where it will get picked up by FOX and shown as proof that we shouldn’t care about racist cops and should instead hate blacks because they are violent thugs who hate America.

I don’t believe in defunding the police. I believe in making sure we hire police who aren’t violent racists who abuse their power and kill blacks for fun. Right wingers should support the same thing but, they don’t seem to give a shit. They just point out how violent blacks are and mention crime in Chicago as some sort of proof that it’s ok if a few blacks are killed by racists cops because blacks kill blacks too.
And you still continue to strawman yourself into believing ALL REPS ARE BAD. Stop. It's getting to the point that we should start suggesting counselors for you to talk to.

I don't want the police to hire violent racists.
I don't want the police to hire psychopaths who abuse their power.
I don't want police to kill blacks for fun.
No one I know that are Reps want that. No one I know period, wants that.
Everyone cares about those things, but you've been brainwashed to believe nonsense of everyone of the opposite party as you. If there is someone that actually believes all those things, they are a very small minority of psychopaths that are in both parties and have the wool pulled over your eyes. There is some weird binary paradigm that you are stuck in right now. It's kind of scary, tbh.
No counselors for me thank you. I am quite happy with my life and where I am mentally. What I’m upset about has nothing to do with me. I’m upset at what some people are doing to the country I have called home all my life. I have been a proud American all my life. It’s only recently that I can say I’m not proud of my country. I’m worried that America is done. That upsets me. Shouldn’t it? You say I’m just listening to the fake liberal media and they are all lying. I don’t subscribe to that point of view. I am pretty sure it was 99.999% Trump supporters on Jan 6th and not BLM and Antifa dressing up as them like FOX reported.

If you guys believe all those things then why not say it once. If right wing media believes all that you said why don’t they say it…once. I see read FOX News from time to time and they never say a
Oh my. We weren't even talking about Trump and yet now he's brought up again. If that isn't TDS, then it's a unnecessary reference to him.

If your media is telling you ALL Reps are every one of those things you said in the previous post and strawman description, then yes they are lying to you and it would help your mental state to step away for a bit.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by Nodack »

Call it whatever you want. The lib media isn’t just telling me these things. The lack of the con media to speak up about any of these things along with the GOP says it louder than any lib media.

Trump IS the Republican party. He runs the party. Nobody says anything that might upset him or they become a target of Trump and as a result the GOP. All his lying and cheating and general BS is accepted by the GOP and backed up 100%. You cannot mention the GOP without acknowledging that Trump owns the GOP. The few Republicans that buck him are ousted or black balled. Yes, when I say I am worried about our Democracy ending i’m speaking mostly about Trump personally ending it with the help of the rest of the GOP.

Until you guys accept the fact that he is a diseased lying cheating con man the sooner we have a chance at saving our country. You guys are the ones in need of counseling.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:07 am
Call it whatever you want. The lib media isn’t just telling me these things. The lack of the con media to speak up about any of these things along with the GOP says it louder than any lib media.

Trump IS the Republican party. He runs the party. Nobody says anything that might upset him or they become a target of Trump and as a result the GOP. All his lying and cheating and general BS is accepted by the GOP and backed up 100%. You cannot mention the GOP without acknowledging that Trump owns the GOP. The few Republicans that buck him are ousted or black balled. Yes, when I say I am worried about our Democracy ending i’m speaking mostly about Trump personally ending it with the help of the rest of the GOP.

Until you guys accept the fact that he is a diseased lying cheating con man the sooner we have a chance at saving our country. You guys are the ones in need of counseling.
No need to continue being hysterical. You might need to find some hobby that calms you down and let's you relax. What is the con media not speaking up about? I am curious who is putting these thoughts into your head though? If you figure it out, separate yourself from them. I thought it was the lib media, as they've made a lot of people hysterical with their constant lies, but I'll take your word that it isn't them.

I agree that Trump is the leader of the GOP, or the reformed GOP. No matter what Mitch McConnell thinks and says, he is irrelevant and so are RINO Reps. They will soon be an endangered species, because of their corruption. A Trump endorsement is probably the strongest and most powerful political endorsement in US history right now.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 18934
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: World Politics

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:07 am
Call it whatever you want. The lib media isn’t just telling me these things. The lack of the con media to speak up about any of these things along with the GOP says it louder than any lib media.

Trump IS the Republican party. He runs the party. Nobody says anything that might upset him or they become a target of Trump and as a result the GOP. All his lying and cheating and general BS is accepted by the GOP and backed up 100%. You cannot mention the GOP without acknowledging that Trump owns the GOP. The few Republicans that buck him are ousted or black balled. Yes, when I say I am worried about our Democracy ending i’m speaking mostly about Trump personally ending it with the help of the rest of the GOP.

Until you guys accept the fact that he is a diseased lying cheating con man the sooner we have a chance at saving our country. You guys are the ones in need of counseling.
No need to continue being hysterical. You might need to find some hobby that calms you down and let's you relax. What is the con media not speaking up about? I am curious who is putting these thoughts into your head though? If you figure it out, separate yourself from them. I thought it was the lib media, as they've made a lot of people hysterical with their constant lies, but I'll take your word that it isn't them.

I agree that Trump is the leader of the GOP, or the reformed GOP. No matter what Mitch McConnell thinks and says, he is irrelevant and so are RINO Reps. They will soon be an endangered species, because of their corruption. A Trump endorsement is probably the strongest and most powerful political endorsement in US history right now.
You just proved all of the points Dack was making.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »





"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 15951
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: World Politics

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, yeah, Canada has surpassed evil communist China. If @thevivafrei says it, it must be true. (Typical quoting of a radical right rando)

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:50 am
LOL, yeah, Canada has surpassed evil communist China. If @thevivafrei says it, it must be true. (Typical quoting of a radical right rando)
That's a verified rando Quebec lawyer, to you sir. ;)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 25802
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: World Politics

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 am
A Trump endorsement is probably the strongest and most powerful political endorsement in US history right now.
You are as whacko as him if you really believe that.
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

"I don't think I've ever been that angry shooting a basketball." - Cam Johnson

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 15951
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: World Politics

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:30 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 am
A Trump endorsement is probably the strongest and most powerful political endorsement in US history right now.
You are as whacko as him if you really believe that.
How well did Trump's endorsement work out for David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler?

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:48 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:30 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:48 am
A Trump endorsement is probably the strongest and most powerful political endorsement in US history right now.
You are as whacko as him if you really believe that.
How well did Trump's endorsement work out for David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler?
Did you miss a part of what I said on purpose?

I'm not a whacko, and it's just painfully true. Sorry to be the one to break it to you guys.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by Nodack »

It is painfully that a Trump endorsement is almost mandatory for any Republican politician.
Trump is the leader of the GOP, or the reformed GOP
Right, all the old Republicans that Republicans were behind for so many decades are now Republicans in name only because a new guy named Trump came along and IS the new Republican party. All those Republicans that you championed for so long are now just evil corrupt people and not Republicans anymore. Now we have a new face to the Republican party named Trump that embodies truth and honesty without even a hint of corruption…

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 15951
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: World Politics

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey In2, what do you think the % odds are that Trump is the next President after the 2024 election? Just your best guess. Obviously it's way too far away to really know, but if you just had to give a number, how likely do you think he is back in the White House next?

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:44 am
It is painfully that a Trump endorsement is almost mandatory for any Republican politician.
Trump is the leader of the GOP, or the reformed GOP
Right, all the old Republicans that Republicans were behind for so many decades are now Republicans in name only because a new guy named Trump came along and IS the new Republican party. All those Republicans that you championed for so long are now just evil corrupt people and not Republicans anymore. Now we have a new face to the Republican party named Trump that embodies truth and honesty without even a hint of corruption…
I don't know that it's mandatory, but I don't think that Reps are going to push through someone that they can't trust through the primaries anymore. At least from what I can tell, the PCs grill them pretty hard now trying to suss out whether they are someone that they can trust will stand for the people that voted for them or if they are a Dem that's tried to run as a Rep.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:31 pm
Hey In2, what do you think the % odds are that Trump is the next President after the 2024 election? Just your best guess. Obviously it's way too far away to really know, but if you just had to give a number, how likely do you think he is back in the White House next?
Like you said, it's way way too early to tell, and there is so much that could happen by the 2024 election. Idk if I have a particular number right now.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by Nodack »

Joe Biden says Russia 'intends to attack' Ukraine and seize capital Kyiv
Joe Biden says he has reason to believe Russian forces are planning to attack Ukraine in the coming days, with Vladimir Putin attempting to set up a 'false justification' to launch an invasion
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... a-26273949
Yesterday Boris Johnson, the US and NATO all accused Russia of staging 'false flag' attacks as a pretext for invading Ukraine after a nursery was shelled.


Russian Pravda News claiming Ukraine is the aggressor and is the one going to attack.

Donbass evacuates population to Russia, expects Ukraine to attack
Читайте больше на https://english.pravda.ru/news/hotspots/150367-donbass/


Car Bombing Reported In Separatist East Ukraine Amid Fears Of False Flag Attack To Justify Russian Invasion
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... 9ea74328b4

A car bombing was reported to have occurred by Russian state media in a separatist-controlled city in east Ukraine on Friday, following warnings by U.S. officials that Russia could stage a “false flag” operation, claiming an attack by Ukraine to justify an invasion.

The State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Forbes, but a State Department official slammed the separatists’ decision to evacuate citizens, telling reporters at the Munich Security Conference Friday: “There is no evidence that Ukraine is planning an offensive in the region, despite Russia’s claims to the contrary.”

Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine made international headlines Thursday when their artillery fire hit a building housing a kindergarten, injuring at least two teachers.

U.S. says a separatist call to flee east Ukraine for Russia is a false flag
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/18/10817907 ... ia-donetsk
A Russian-backed separatist leader in eastern Ukraine announced an evacuation of the city of Donetsk to Russia, alleging the Ukrainian military was preparing to invade the area. The U.S. government considers the announcement part of a lying tactic in the lead-up to a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 9470
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by In2ition »

Has it started or are we thinking a different start date?

My best guess is the 22nd for some reason, and I don't know why.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 15951
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: World Politics

Post by Mori Chu »

I heard that the President of Ukraine, Zelenskyy, was asking the US to sanction Russia immediately rather than waiting for them to launch any attack. I disagree with this. You don't punish people before they do the misdeed. You make it clear that there will be sanctions and serious consequences (which Biden has been doing), and you wait.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: World Politics

Post by Nodack »

You see the pictures of old ladies training to defend their country and I just think, this isn’t going to end well for them.

Post Reply