World Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Split T

Re: World Politics

Post by Split T »

Well that is strange, I would think clerical error before I think conspiracy though. Did that happen on other broadcasts or did someone at cnn just incorrectly attribute stuff to Trump and fixed their mistake? How do the networks get those numbers?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that they are directly tied to the state's count totals through an API during these broadcasts.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This stuff has already been combed through in great detail. Many lawsuits, recounts, and investigations occurred. Do you really think a graphic briefly changing indicates a great conspiracy to change votes? And not just an error or whatever it almost certainly is instead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yes, they were counted and recounted. The government doesn't control TV graphics.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:32 pm
Yes, they were counted and recounted. The government doesn't control TV graphics.
They do if the numbers shown in the graphics are coming directly from the state government APIs.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's a CoNsPiRaCy!!!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

So sick of Maga conspiracies and their FU way of thinking.

Russia invading NATO - Maga says good job Putin, we support you 100%.

Taxes - Taxes are bad and people that cheat on their taxes are the real Americans.

Military- People that join the military are all suckers and losers

Democracy - All US institutions are evil corrupt deep state entities that must be eliminated at all costs.

Sexual assault - Well, she probably deserved it.

Trump lying and cheating - He doesn’t ever lie or cheat. Everyone else is lying and cheating and this poor innocent man has been accused of horrible things he couldn’t have possibly done because he is Gods chosen one and God wouldn’t choose someone who wasn’t saintly.

Minorities - Nuff said

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:50 am

Taxes - Taxes are bad and people that cheat on their taxes are the real Americans.

Democracy - All US institutions are evil corrupt deep state entities that must be eliminated at all costs.

Trump lying and cheating - He doesn’t ever lie or cheat. Everyone else is lying and cheating and this poor innocent man has been accused of horrible things he couldn’t have possibly done because he is Gods chosen one and God wouldn’t choose someone who wasn’t saintly.

Minorities - Nuff said
None of this is real, it's all a Democrat media driven narrative. You'll see! *scurries off to buy more Kyle Rittenhouse merch"
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Actually his usual line is, “Never happened, she’s too ugly to sexually assault.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Well, when you are as famous as him you can do anything…

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:

Minorities - Nuff said
You are sick of all the lies you make up in your head about people? You should be.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They are only lies to Maga.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:08 pm
They are only lies to Maga.
Dude, it's just a lot of hateful comments, and it's disturbing that you have been convinced that is who you think half the country is.

Here's the thing, if someone made a list of lies about you, and you said that they were a bunch of lies. Would it make those lies true if that person said, "They are only lies to you."? No, you would know more than anyone that they were lies, and you wouldn't appreciate it. If anyone else believed those lies because that person said it, but didn't believe you saying that they were lies, it makes it worse.

It's the, "when are you going to stop beating your wife?" tactic. Wtf, man?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Politics section has gotten a little more heated and negative lately. (I'm as guilty of this as anyone.) We could all do well to chill out and be kind to each other, even though the people on the other side have crazy political views. :-)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I agree.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yikes. The first video shows the fire, and the guy has to resort to using the water cooler to put it out. Do they not have fire extinguishers in Russia? The bottom left one was interesting, as the ballot box itself is transparent, which is interesting. I don't think that would fly here, as people feel like that would be a violation of the privacy in voting, but you can see how many ballots are in the box at any one time.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Anyone watching the stuff that's being reported coming out of Haiti? What are your thoughts?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My (pro-Trump) mother-in-law was going on about it. She said Biden has caused the ruin of Haiti and it's fallen to gangs and thugs or something. I haven't taken the time to read up on it. She very often blames Biden/Dems for anything bad going on, so I figured I was going to have to learn more about it on my own. I haven't seen any mention of Haiti on my Twitter feed or other socials, fwiw.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think it's Biden's fault.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not a place I plan to visit anytime soon.