World Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: World Politics

Post by Mori Chu »

The main thing I know about Brazil is that they had a Trumpy President, Bolsonaro, and they were lucky as heck that they got him out of there. And he's still trying to stir up trouble AFAIK. They should do everything they can to prevent him from having power and influence.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Poland as well.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:03 am
The main thing I know about Brazil is that they had a Trumpy President, Bolsonaro, and they were lucky as heck that they got him out of there. And he's still trying to stir up trouble AFAIK. They should do everything they can to prevent him from having power and influence.
I guess do everything is to just violate everyone else's rights and allow the Chief Justice to act like a dictator to push Brazil into a Communist type rule? Weird how the only option are fascist type tactics.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Or we could do a Maga and just praise all the authoritarian dictators around the world and attack all the democracies around the world hoping that Trump will be the next authoritarian dictator of the US.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's nonsense. What do you think Trump is going to do?
I'm curious, give me some direct examples.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maybe he could lie and say he won even though he and everyone around him knows he lost and then get his followers to attack the Capital while he carries out a plan to subvert the casting of votes by coming up with an illegal scheme replace the real votes with fake elector votes and then just have the VP sign off on it. Wait, he already tried that.

Trump ALWAYS praises all the strongmen authoritarian leaders and AWAYS attacks the democracies. Trump ALWAYS attacks our US Institutions ALWAYS. EVERYTHING is fake and fraudulent. All the media is fake and fraudulent. Love letters to Kim Jong. ALWAYS praise Putin. Hungarian strong man leader who hates democracy gets invited to Maro Lago where he is praised up and down and sideways. Ousted Brazilian strongman avoiding extradition to Brazil is a great man according to Trump. Bolsonaro supporters stormed government buildings in Brasilia on Jan. 8, calling for a military coup to oust Lula, in an echo of Jan. 6, 2021, when Trump supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol. “He’s a strong man. Some people here don’t like strong men.”

Now Trump has learned a lot about the inner working of US Government. He has learned how to cheat the system. He wanted to get dirt on Biden and thought by blackmailing Ukraine he could get them to announce an investigation of Biden and hurt Biden’s chances. Trump tried to get the regular State Department people like the ambassador to Ukraine to do it and they were appalled and refused. Trump said, no problem. I’ll send Rudy Giuliani to do the dirty work since he isn’t officially on any payroll and will do whatever I ask him to do. Devin Nunez, the guy defending Trump in the first impeachment was one of the guys IN Ukraine trying to dig up dirt. What a joke. Now he runs Truth Social.

What would Trump do in a second term to end Democracy and do bad things? Only Trump knows those answers. I am 100% convinced Trump would do ANYTHING to win and stay in power. He would make up a reason and all his Maga cult would instantly sign on, no questions asked.

Cap

Post by Cap »

They are almost all dishonest and corrupt, but Comcast, with its one-side and vicious coverage by NBC NEWS, and in particular MSNBC, often and correctly referred to as MSDNC (Democrat National Committee!), should be investigated for its “Country Threatening Treason.” Their endless coverage of the now fully debunked SCAM known as Russia, Russia, Russia, and much else, is one big Campaign Contribution to the Radical Left Democrat Party. I say up front, openly, and proudly, that when I WIN the Presidency of the United States, they and others of the LameStream Media will be thoroughly scrutinized for their knowingly dishonest and corrupt coverage of people, things, and events. Why should NBC, or any other of the corrupt & dishonest media companies, be entitled to use the very valuable Airwaves of the USA, FREE? They are a true threat to Democracy and are, in fact, THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE! The Fake News Media should pay a big price for what they have done to our once great Country!
Prosecute MSNBC for treason? He hasn’t actually disputed the factual accuracy of their reporting and hasn’t filed any defamation claims. He simply asserts that making him look bad is treason. You don’t find that authoritarian?
2024 is our final battle. With you at my side, we will demolish the Deep State, we will expel the warmongers from our government, we will drive out the globalists, we will cast out the Communists, Marxists, and Fascists, we will throw off the sick political class that hates our Country, we will rout the Fake News Media, we will evict Joe Biden from the White House, and we will FINISH THE JOB ONCE AND FOR ALL!
A Final Solution to the Leftist Problem? You don’t find that rhetoric a little familiar?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Cap wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:15 pm
They are almost all dishonest and corrupt, but Comcast, with its one-side and vicious coverage by NBC NEWS, and in particular MSNBC, often and correctly referred to as MSDNC (Democrat National Committee!), should be investigated for its “Country Threatening Treason.” Their endless coverage of the now fully debunked SCAM known as Russia, Russia, Russia, and much else, is one big Campaign Contribution to the Radical Left Democrat Party. I say up front, openly, and proudly, that when I WIN the Presidency of the United States, they and others of the LameStream Media will be thoroughly scrutinized for their knowingly dishonest and corrupt coverage of people, things, and events. Why should NBC, or any other of the corrupt & dishonest media companies, be entitled to use the very valuable Airwaves of the USA, FREE? They are a true threat to Democracy and are, in fact, THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE! The Fake News Media should pay a big price for what they have done to our once great Country!
Prosecute MSNBC for treason? He hasn’t actually disputed the factual accuracy of their reporting and hasn’t filed any defamation claims. He simply asserts that making him look bad is treason. You don’t find that authoritarian?
2024 is our final battle. With you at my side, we will demolish the Deep State, we will expel the warmongers from our government, we will drive out the globalists, we will cast out the Communists, Marxists, and Fascists, we will throw off the sick political class that hates our Country, we will rout the Fake News Media, we will evict Joe Biden from the White House, and we will FINISH THE JOB ONCE AND FOR ALL!
A Final Solution to the Leftist Problem? You don’t find that rhetoric a little familiar?
In2, no thoughts on these?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:15 pm
For the latter quote, he is talking about getting rid of these people in politics and leadership. He's not calling for them to be rounded up and killed.

The former quote, I think the damage that has been done by the corporate media has been pretty sad. They've continued over and over to push hoax after hoax after hoax, and they never learn. Just keep doubling and tripling down on spewing nonsense. They are killing themselves though. If you look at their share of the marketplace, it continues to go further and further down. If you have news agencies that are always just spinning and lying, people see through it eventually, but immense damage has been done.

If lawfare is turned toward the corporate news, grand juries indict them, they go on trial and are found guilty, is that the justice system working? That's the argument used and precedent is set. Or does the justice system only work one way?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"Lawfare" is the latest MAGA buzzword. Like, the law is warfare. Enforcing the law, taking people to task when they break it, that's not justice, that's not law and order; it's "lawfare."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t see those media outlets lying. I do see them spin stuff. FOX regularly lies its ass off and they have been sued and lost because of it. They spin stuff like Biden took away Easter and made it a Trans holiday instead. Biden shut off all the oil output in the US because he hates America even though we are producing more oil than anyone ever and are at our highest output in history. BLM and Antifa attacked on Jan 6. Dominion stole the election! The economy is in its worst shape in the history of our country because of Biden even though many of it barometers say it’s doing extremely well. Biden refuses to do anything about the border. He and Congress work on a bipartisan immigration plan that they all agree to and then Trump says NO, that might make Biden look good and take away votes from me, so all the Republicans change their stance and decide now isn’t the time to fix the border. Better to wait until after the election, so we can hammer the Dems for not doing anything now.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:31 am
The former quote, I think the damage that has been done by the corporate media has been pretty sad. They've continued over and over to push hoax after hoax after hoax, and they never learn. Just keep doubling and tripling down on spewing nonsense. They are killing themselves though. If you look at their share of the marketplace, it continues to go further and further down. If you have news agencies that are always just spinning and lying, people see through it eventually, but immense damage has been done.
You didn’t answer my question, which was whether Trump’s threat is authoritarian.

There’s one thing I think we can agree on. If Joe Biden pushed to have Fox News charged with treason for their relentlessly negative and dishonest coverage of him, that would be authoritarian.

Is it authoritarian when Trump does it?
If lawfare is turned toward the corporate news, grand juries indict them, they go on trial and are found guilty, is that the justice system working? That's the argument used and precedent is set. Or does the justice system only work one way?
If Trump wants to properly use the legal system, he doesn’t have to wait until he’s President. He can file a defamation claim right now. Why hasn’t he? Because he has no case. But he vows that negative coverage that doesn’t rise to the level of defamation will rise to the level of treason when he’s President.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Everything he does is dishonest and the GOP is right there with him. Take for example how they like to make all immigrants into criminals. If an illegal kills somebody on American soil that proves that they are all evil vermin polluting our blood line! FOX goes way out of their way to find any story of a black or brown person committing a crime against a white person. That’s gold for them.

Ruby Garcia was allegedly killed by an undocumented immigrant. That’s a story FOX and Trump love to politicize.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna146266
At Trump's Tuesday event, he said, "Ruby’s loved ones and community are left grieving for this incredible young woman remembering what they called her. They said she had just the most contagious laughter and when she walked into a room, she lit up that room, and I’ve heard that from so many people. I spoke to some of her family.”

Garcia said that neither Trump nor anyone working on his presidential campaign spoke to any of her family members. She made clear she resented the former president for politicizing the death of her sister, whose body was found on a highway with gunshot wounds in late March.

“It’s always been about illegal immigrants," she said. "Nobody really speaks about when Americans do heinous crimes and it’s kind of shocking why he would just bring up illegals. What about Americans who do heinous crimes like this?”

She added that hearing Trump's claim was “shocking" and that she stopped watching his remarks after that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:51 am
In2ition wrote:
You didn’t answer my question, which was whether Trump’s threat is authoritarian.

There’s one thing I think we can agree on. If Joe Biden pushed to have Fox News charged with treason for their relentlessly negative and dishonest coverage of him, that would be authoritarian.

If Trump wants to properly use the legal system, he doesn’t have to wait until he’s President. He can file a defamation claim right now. Why hasn’t he? Because he has no case. But he vows that negative coverage that doesn’t rise to the level of defamation will rise to the level of treason when he’s President.
You're speaking of a hypothetical situation, but not something that would even be possible. What did he do when he was President for 4 years?

Then, we are supposedly talking about Trump coordinating with prosecutors all over the country to start prosecuting news agencies? I don't think that could even happen, let alone Trump willing to do it. The whole thing is nonsense, unless we recognize what is being done by Joe and his administration. We already know that lawfare was used against Fox and they bent over and took it up the ass by settling with Dominion.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am
Everything he does is dishonest and the GOP is right there with him. Take for example how they like to make all immigrants into criminals. If an illegal kills somebody on American soil that proves that they are all evil vermin polluting our blood line! FOX goes way out of their way to find any story of a black or brown person committing a crime against a white person. That’s gold for them.

Ruby Garcia was allegedly killed by an undocumented immigrant. That’s a story FOX and Trump love to politicize.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna146266
At Trump's Tuesday event, he said, "Ruby’s loved ones and community are left grieving for this incredible young woman remembering what they called her. They said she had just the most contagious laughter and when she walked into a room, she lit up that room, and I’ve heard that from so many people. I spoke to some of her family.”

Garcia said that neither Trump nor anyone working on his presidential campaign spoke to any of her family members. She made clear she resented the former president for politicizing the death of her sister, whose body was found on a highway with gunshot wounds in late March.

“It’s always been about illegal immigrants," she said. "Nobody really speaks about when Americans do heinous crimes and it’s kind of shocking why he would just bring up illegals. What about Americans who do heinous crimes like this?”

She added that hearing Trump's claim was “shocking" and that she stopped watching his remarks after that.
This seems to be the state of politics today, by both sides.

‘I Don’t Know Why They Hate Us So Much’: Gold Star Father Arrested At SOTU Tells Tucker Biden ‘Never’ Contacted Him
JULIANNA FRIEMAN
CONTRIBUTOR
March 27, 2024
9:35 PM ET
https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/27/dont ... -by-biden/
Gold Star father Steven Nikoui, arrested at President Joe Biden’s 2024 State of The Union address, told Tucker Carlson that he was “never” contacted by Biden in an interview released Wednesday.

Nikoui was arrested after rising from his seat during Biden’s speech and shouting, “Remember Abbey Gate! U.S. Marines!” about the Democratic president’s infamous withdrawal from Afghanistan. Nikoui’s son, Marine Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui was among the 13 U.S. service members killed during the suicide bombing amid the chaotic evacuation from Kabul.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:11 am
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You're speaking of a hypothetical situation, but not something that would even be possible. What did he do when he was President for 4 years?

Then, we are supposedly talking about Trump coordinating with prosecutors all over the country to start prosecuting news agencies? I don't think that could even happen, let alone Trump willing to do it. The whole thing is nonsense, unless we recognize what is being done by Joe and his administration. We already know that lawfare was used against Fox and they bent over and took it up the ass by settling with Dominion.
Again, I asked you whether the threat is authoritarian. Your response is that you don’t think Trump could pull it off. That wasn’t the question.

OK, I’ll stop asking. It’s obviously a question you’re unwilling to answer.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:35 am
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Again, I asked you whether the threat is authoritarian. Your response is that you don’t think Trump could pull it off. That wasn’t the question.

It's not a threat if it's not possible. If I say that "I am going to toss my pool onto your car at Zipps", do you consider that a threat? I can't possibly pick up my pool and I have no idea what your car is or looks like. I think it's better to see what he does and doesn't do, and you can look back at previous actions as to what he will do in the future.

So who is the authoritarian? The one that threatened to make sure that Trump can't win the Presidency, by every means legally, and is currently using lawfare all over the country on their opponents and supporters, or one that said something that can't possibly happen?

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 am
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:

It's not a threat if it's not possible. If I say that "I am going to toss my pool onto your car at Zipps", do you consider that a threat? I can't possibly pick up my pool and I have no idea what your car is or looks like.
If Biden tried to have Fox News charged with treason, would you shrug it off as no big deal because he won’t succeed, or would you be outraged?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:15 am
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Cap wrote:

It's not a threat if it's not possible. If I say that "I am going to toss my pool onto your car at Zipps", do you consider that a threat? I can't possibly pick up my pool and I have no idea what your car is or looks like.
If Biden tried to have Fox News charged with treason, would you shrug it off as no big deal because he won’t succeed, or would you be outraged?
If he 'tried to have', then that's different than if he said he would, but at the same time, he has proven to do things like that so I would take it seriously.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
So who is the authoritarian? The one that threatened to make sure that Trump can't win the Presidency, by every means legally, and is currently using lawfare all over the country on their opponents and supporters, or one that said something that can't possibly happen?
Biden has not "threatened to make sure that Trump can't win the Presidency." Nor does Biden control the various prosecutors and judges currently interacting with Trump in his various cases. Several of these cases are state trials, completely separate from the Executive Branch of the federal government. But I guess puppet-master Biden is behind it all? I thought he was senile old Sleepy Joe? He's sleepy with dementia but also an evil fascist mastermind?