Abortion

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Abortion

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. In the text of the Dobbs opinion, they explicitly state that other cases with similar precedent should be reexamined, including ones that made gay marriage and sodomy legal, birth control, and more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You know you've made a good decision when you have to send out the riot police to protect the Court building.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

BREAKING: Clarence Thomas just filed a concurring opinion to Dobbs calling for the court to consider overturning the right to contraception, same-sex marriage, and privacy in the bedroom.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

All of these bums should be thrown out.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

America is about to get very violent.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump says abortion decision was 'possible because I delivered everything as promised'

He’s right. He promised right wing justices who would overturn Roe vs Wade and he delivered. Those justices had to lie during their confirmation hearings about their views on abortion precedent to make it a reality and they delivered for Trump. McConnell gets an attaboy for lying to steal Obama’s pick that also helped make that happen. Trump gets an also mention for his bold but failed attempt at a coup. His ability to lie on command and make it convincing is legendary.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:11 am
BREAKING: Clarence Thomas just filed a concurring opinion to Dobbs calling for the court to consider overturning the right to contraception, same-sex marriage, and privacy in the bedroom.
He didn’t waste any time did he?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Like I keep repeating. We are heading toward The Handmaid's Tale.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:22 pm
I’ve never read it. I did just look it up on Wikipedia. Whatever we are headed for is a dark place and we are getting there in a hurry now. Sometimes you have to lose what you have to appreciate what you had.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:22 pm
That story is an allegory for how women of color have been treated throughout history. When I listen to women of color speak about it, they are not happy with the equivalence of "see we are headed for real-life Handmaid's Tale" because we have already been there for a LONG time, it just means that now white women are more likely to be impacted by it.

I don't have a point, just wanted to share a view I have seen expressed a lot by WOC.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

U.S. abortion decision ‘horrific’ and ‘appalling,’ world leaders say
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... ar-AAYQ0bU
“One of the darkest days for women’s rights in my lifetime,” Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon wrote on Twitter just minutes after the decision came down.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also called the news “horrific,” saying that “no government, politician, or man should tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body.”

“Abortion is a fundamental right for all women. It must be protected,” French President Emmanuel Macron wrote on Twitter. “I express my solidarity with the women whose freedoms are today challenged by the Supreme Court of the United States of America.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Dem leadership isn't up for a fight like this. They will be remembered as being not equal to the moment.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Pro-choice activists are tear gassed in clashes at Arizona Capitol building and dozens are arrested in NYC, LA and DC as unrest sweeps nation in wake of bombshell Roe V. Wade SCOTUS ruling
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lding.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bu-bye!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Court rules that abortion is now illegal in Texas due to a 1925 law. All abortion, with absolutely no exceptions.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you enjoy seeing Josh Hawley getting owned in a Congressional hearing (this one on abortion), here are a few minutes of bliss.