Abortion

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Abortion

Post by Mori Chu »

It isn't about states' rights to them. They just say that to help push toward banning it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

same argument for slavery.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Graham is a walking contradiction. Takes a hard stance on a topic and then takes the complete opposite stance on the same topic a little while later. Maybe he doesn’t remember what stance he had from one minute to the next or just thinks we are all too stupid to notice.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:38 am
Graham is a walking contradiction. Takes a hard stance on a topic and then takes the complete opposite stance on the same topic a little while later. Maybe he doesn’t remember what stance he had from one minute to the next or just thinks we are all too stupid to notice.
Or too partisan to care.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is abortion now banned in AZ?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Get in the kitchen and shut up, Arizona women!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republicans would have been smarter to end abortion after the mid terms instead of before.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republican anti-abortion Senate candidate paid for abortion in 2009.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In theory, all of this would be disastrous for a Senate campaign. And it may be. But my guess is that most GOP voters will still vote for him. They view the Democrats as so evil and undesirable that they'd rather elect the worst Republican than the best Dem.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I didn't do it! And if I did, it wasn't even bad. Also I want to ban the thing I didn't do and maybe did.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I found this article about abortion and Walker interesting.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

And another one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

John Curtis seemed like a pretty decent guy at first and he probably is, but I think he quickly learned that if you want to keep office in Utah, you just have to be very conservative

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I thought being a politician was about serving your country and standing up for what you believe in. In reality politicians just say whatever they think their constituents want to hear in order to get elected.

Conservatives have been fighting against abortion for so long. Our “honorable” Supreme court is now controlled by conservative Catholics who intentionally lied under oath about their intentions on Roe vs Wade and then overturned it. At the same time if they follow their faith they had no choice but to overturn Roe vs Wade which brings us to the topic of separation of church and state. Is our nations laws under the jurisdiction and controlled by the Catholic Church now?

The majority of Americans don’t want a total ban on abortions, contraceptives and gays that the Catholic Supreme Court seems to want. After the Supreme Court abortion ruling, ultra conservative Kansas voted on abortion themselves and blocked the Supreme Court ruling. That shocked the GOP and has forced a lot of Republicans seeking office to soften their tone and backtrack on their stances. Why? If you believe in your cause then fight for it? If your stance is “whatever gets you elected” then you will probably fit right in with the other politicians. Say whatever gets you the job and then do whatever you want once you have secured it like the Supreme Court Justices did.

There is a lot of talk about the Supreme Court. Republicans have managed to secure enough conservative judges to have total control over the Supreme Court. They stole Obama’s pick by refusing to vote on his pick saying a year from an election was too close to an election to make a pick and then later rushed through a Trump pick in the final month before the last election. That was pure deceit by the GOP and now they have total control of the Supreme Court.

Dems have countered by saying they want to add more justices to counter all the conservatives on the court. Republicans say the Dems just want to stack the court with Dems. The Supreme Court should be a representation of America and all it’s people. Right now the Supreme Court’s approval is at an all time low for good reason. They are the Judicial branch of our government and are supposed to be a non political branch of the government that decides important legal issues in America and right now their decisions appear to be based on the views of the Catholic Church and Republicans and that is unacceptable to me. That blurs the line between church and state big time. Judge Thomas’s wife was an active participant in the election denial scam? And that’s ok? It’s not ok with me.