Abortion

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Abortion

Post by Indy »

Sure. If you said I am against windmills because I just don't like them. And someone said, would you like them if I paid you some money? Sure that isn't selling out. But we both know that isn't what we are talking about.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Susan Collins is concerned, guys.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:40 pm
It is coming.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

You should arrest someone for asking a ridiculous/shitty question? Wow.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Arrest/FBI aside, I hope we can all agree that nobody here is advocating any violence against any elected official nor appointed judge/Justice. And I see no sign that such violent suggestions are common or mainstream, so let's not assume that one moron on Twitter represents anybody else.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I do think it would be a genuine crisis if some whack job found a way to attack and seriously injure or kill a bunch of Supreme Court Justices. What would we do? Just let the current President nominate a bunch of new ones, presumably all partisans for his own party? There would be such an outcry. But what else exactly could you do? I really hope they have excellent security on all the Justices to keep them safe.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am
I do think it would be a genuine crisis if some whack job found a way to attack and seriously injure or kill a bunch of Supreme Court Justices. What would we do? Just let the current President nominate a bunch of new ones, presumably all partisans for his own party? There would be such an outcry. But what else exactly could you do? I really hope they have excellent security on all the Justices to keep them safe.
If something like that happened, there would finally be wide-spread support for court reform. Probably changes to life-time appointments, with terms that allow more judges to cycle through the court (and more justices to align to the district courts like they used to).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 9:24 am
You should arrest someone for asking a ridiculous/shitty question? Wow.
I did hear this morning that the conservative Supreme Court Justices home addresses were doxxed and that information spread, to create protests in front of them. Would you be surprised if their families are targeted for harassment? Or some nut job that's terminal takes this guys "abstract question" seriously?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:16 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am
If something like that happened, there would finally be wide-spread support for court reform. Probably changes to life-time appointments, with terms that allow more judges to cycle through the court (and more justices to align to the district courts like they used to).
Are you advocating for something to happen? It sort of sounds like it would be positive changes in your opinion.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I would like all of that to happen, without the violence.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I liked this article about the Roe repeal.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Just want to say that i am 100% opposed to this. Justices and all public figures should be entitled to feel safe in their own homes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thought this was a funny line:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Christine Blasey Ford still is in danger for exposing Kavanaugh as a sexual assaulter.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:09 pm
Just want to say that i am 100% opposed to this. Justices and all public figures should be entitled to feel safe in their own homes.

I am 100% not opposed to this. If you are an elected official or a person in authority and are actively looking to make life harder to live, removing rights from people, you should expect people to protest you. Protesting doesn't mean threatening their safety.