Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by In2ition »

Yes, everything is and sounds like Jan 6. Let's equate everything to Jan 6. That's another, what's it called?....Ah, yes, a Strawman argument.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:21 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:12 am
If you are pro Putin and anti-Biden I can see where you would say Putin was just sending in peacekeeping forces. To people that aren’t pro-Putin it’s an invasion.
I'm not pro Putin, Mr. Strawman. I'm definitely and unapologetically anti-Biden, but not anti-US.

Define an invasion. Is it an invasion if they are welcomed in?
If you support what happened on January 6th, you are most certainly Anti-US.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:52 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:21 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:12 am
If you are pro Putin and anti-Biden I can see where you would say Putin was just sending in peacekeeping forces. To people that aren’t pro-Putin it’s an invasion.
I'm not pro Putin, Mr. Strawman. I'm definitely and unapologetically anti-Biden, but not anti-US.

Define an invasion. Is it an invasion if they are welcomed in?
If you support what happened on January 6th, you are most certainly Anti-US.
Have I EVER said that I supported what happened on Jan 6th? I said immediately when it was happening that I didn't agree with it at all.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

You said it was antifa and blm and it wasn't trump supporters.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is as embarrassing as it is reprehensible. The GOP is fundamentally anti-American and anti-democracy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:26 am
I said they were involved, and some absolutely were. They weren't the only ones, and yes Trump supporters were involved and in the Capital too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:49 am
Indy wrote:
I said they were involved, and some absolutely were. They weren't the only ones, and yes Trump supporters were involved and in the Capital too.
Why do you think Antifa and BLM were "involved" in Jan 6? What did they do exactly? What were their goals? Roughly how many of them were there? Was it 50/50 Antifa/BLM people vs Trumpers? 60/40?

Indy

Post by Indy »

He also thinks it was the FBI instigating it...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:49 am
Indy wrote:
Why do you think Antifa and BLM were "involved" in Jan 6? What did they do exactly? What were their goals? Roughly how many of them were there? Was it 50/50 Antifa/BLM people vs Trumpers? 60/40?
Was it 50/50 or 60/40? Lol, not even close. There were a lot of provocateur's there though. I don't feel like going over this over and over and over. It's tedious.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I found this interesting.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Many would argue that most Dems nowadays are Communist, but Russia isn't anymore. Just saying that's what many could argue. I'm not there yet, but seeing the fascist and totalitarian sympathies here on this forum, it's not surprising. I'll just say, that if Trump was doing the things that Trudeau is doing right now, there would be very very different attitude going on here.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:54 am
Many would argue that most Dems nowadays are Communist, but Russia isn't anymore. Just saying that's what many could argue. I'm not there yet, but seeing the fascist and totalitarian sympathies here on this forum, it's not surprising. I'll just say, that if Trump was doing the things that Trudeau is doing right now, there would be very very different attitude going on here.
:eyeroll:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Dems are fascist totalitarians! Therefore, let's start rolling back voting rights, appointing phony GOP electors, overruling elections, and discard American democracy entirely. Problem solved!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:04 pm
The Dems are fascist totalitarians! Therefore, let's start rolling back voting rights, appointing phony GOP electors, overruling elections, and discard American democracy entirely. Problem solved!
:eyeroll:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's no eyeroll here. Your party literally is campaigning on a platform of overruling elections. The de facto leader of your party does not accept the result of the last election despite ample investigation and evidence that it was free and fairly run. Where's the exaggeration here?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I saw this and thought I would share, but I haven't verified any of it or checked with the state fact checkers on this, so I don't know how much truth there is on this. Seems farfetched, since we've been talking about the country of Ukraine since the USSR disbanded.

The Secretary-General of the United Nations has stated that Ukraine has not applied for border registration since 1991, so the state of Ukraine does not exist....
And we don't know about it!!!
04/07/2014 UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon made a stunning statement, the distribution of which in Ukrainian media and the Internet is banned. The conflict between the two countries was discussed at the session of the UN Security Council. From this, the following conclusion was drawn:
Ukraine has not registered its borders since 12/25/1991. The UN has not registered the borders of Ukraine as a sovereign state.
Therefore, it can be assumed that Russia is not committing any rights violations in relation to Ukraine.
According to the CIS Treaty, the territory of Ukraine is an administrative district of the
USSR. Therefore, no one can be blamed for separatism and forcibly changing the borders of Ukraine.
Under international law, the country simply has no officially recognized borders.
In order to solve this problem, Ukraine needs to complete the demarcation of borders with neighboring countries and obtain the agreement of neighboring countries, including Russia, on their common border. It is required to document everything and sign treaties with all neighboring states.
The European Union has pledged its support to Ukraine on this important issue and has decided to provide all technical assistance.
But will Russia sign a border treaty with Ukraine? No of course not
Since Russia is the legal successor of the USSR (this is confirmed by the decisions of international courts on property disputes between the former USSR and foreign countries), the lands on which Ukraine, Belarus and Novorossiya are located belong to Russia, and nobody has the right to be without them Russia's consent to dispose of this area.
Basically, now all Russia has to do is declare that this area is Russian and that everything that happens in this area is an internal matter of Russia.
Any interference will be seen as a measure against Russia. On this basis, they can annul the elections of May 25, 2014 and do what the people want!
According to the Budapest Memorandum and other agreements, Ukraine has no borders. The state of Ukraine does not exist (and has never existed!).
Alexander Panin

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Why don't you just stop making stupid general labels about a political affiliation? What you just said is beyond absurd. Democrats are communist? This is the problem with political parties. Folks stake their claim to one party or the other and throw out stupid ass labels towards the other party.
com·mu·nism
/ˈkämyəˌnizəm/

noun
a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
I personally don't know a single person (and unfortunately, according to my wife, I know WAY too many people), Democrat, Republican or Independent, that has ever argued that all property should be publicly owned and that we should all be paid according to our abilities and needs. We should all get paid based on our experience, skills and ability to negotiate our salary. Just because my budget says that I need to make $3,000 a month to support my family's needs doesn't mean I'm going to negotiate a salary of $36,000.

It would do you a lot of good to look up the actual definition of the labels you throw around about people. And who the hell is many anyway? "Many would argue, but not me (yet)". You always do that. You share a nonsense Tweet or post to rile up everyone and then you quickly back pedal saying "I didn't fact check or read the article". So stop posting garbage to create a stink. It's not that hard.

While you're at it, go look up the definition of fascism and totalitarianism.
Fascism - a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
Yeah. That sure sounds like the folks on this forum alright!
to·tal·i·tar·i·an
/tōˌtaləˈterēən/

adjective
relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.
You nailed it. I think we're all advocating for and in favor of a dictator along with obeying others unquestioningly. Folks like you and many others LOVE rehashing labels but never take the time to really understand what those words mean. You're a smart guy, even if you like to hide the fact with the dyslexia excuse (which doesn't jive considering your sometimes lengthy and quick responses without errors). Be better. I don't take you seriously most of the time when you start making outlandish posts like the above or sharing utter garbage off Twitter without doing your due diligence.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:31 pm
I saw this and thought I would share, but I haven't verified any of it or checked with the state fact checkers on this, so I don't know how much truth there is on this. Seems farfetched, since we've been talking about the country of Ukraine since the USSR disbanded.

The Secretary-General of the United Nations has stated that Ukraine has not applied for border registration since 1991, so the state of Ukraine does not exist....
And we don't know about it!!!
04/07/2014 UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon made a stunning statement, the distribution of which in Ukrainian media and the Internet is banned. The conflict between the two countries was discussed at the session of the UN Security Council. From this, the following conclusion was drawn:
Ukraine has not registered its borders since 12/25/1991. The UN has not registered the borders of Ukraine as a sovereign state.
Therefore, it can be assumed that Russia is not committing any rights violations in relation to Ukraine.
According to the CIS Treaty, the territory of Ukraine is an administrative district of the
USSR. Therefore, no one can be blamed for separatism and forcibly changing the borders of Ukraine.
Under international law, the country simply has no officially recognized borders.
In order to solve this problem, Ukraine needs to complete the demarcation of borders with neighboring countries and obtain the agreement of neighboring countries, including Russia, on their common border. It is required to document everything and sign treaties with all neighboring states.
The European Union has pledged its support to Ukraine on this important issue and has decided to provide all technical assistance.
But will Russia sign a border treaty with Ukraine? No of course not
Since Russia is the legal successor of the USSR (this is confirmed by the decisions of international courts on property disputes between the former USSR and foreign countries), the lands on which Ukraine, Belarus and Novorossiya are located belong to Russia, and nobody has the right to be without them Russia's consent to dispose of this area.
Basically, now all Russia has to do is declare that this area is Russian and that everything that happens in this area is an internal matter of Russia.
Any interference will be seen as a measure against Russia. On this basis, they can annul the elections of May 25, 2014 and do what the people want!
According to the Budapest Memorandum and other agreements, Ukraine has no borders. The state of Ukraine does not exist (and has never existed!).
Alexander Panin
So why share it then? I have a great idea. When you feel this way about something you are about to post, don't share it. Pretty simple. You're the kind of guy that floods his own Facebook with misinformation and garbage without doing any fact checking. Dad, is that you? I didn't know you were on .net. (I love my dad, by the way. Bless his heart. He's a great guy just like you likely are. But come on...)
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:58 pm
In2ition wrote:
Why don't you just stop making stupid general labels about a political affiliation? What you just said is beyond absurd. Democrats are communist? This is the problem with political parties. Folks stake their claim to one party or the other and throw out stupid ass labels towards the other party.
com·mu·nism
/ˈkämyəˌnizəm/

noun
a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.
I personally don't know a single person (and unfortunately, according to my wife, I know WAY too many people), Democrat, Republican or Independent, that has ever argued that all property should be publicly owned and that we should all be paid according to our abilities and needs. We should all get paid based on our experience, skills and ability to negotiate our salary. Just because my budget says that I need to make $3,000 a month to support my family's needs doesn't mean I'm going to negotiate a salary of $36,000.

It would do you a lot of good to look up the actual definition of the labels you throw around about people. And who the hell is many anyway? "Many would argue, but not me (yet)". You always do that. You share a nonsense Tweet or post to rile up everyone and then you quickly back pedal saying "I didn't fact check or read the article". So stop posting garbage to create a stink. It's not that hard.

While you're at it, go look up the definition of fascism and totalitarianism.
Fascism - a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
Yeah. That sure sounds like the folks on this forum alright!
to·tal·i·tar·i·an
/tōˌtaləˈterēən/

adjective
relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.
You nailed it. I think we're all advocating for and in favor of a dictator along with obeying others unquestioningly. Folks like you and many others LOVE rehashing labels but never take the time to really understand what those words mean. You're a smart guy, even if you like to hide the fact with the dyslexia excuse (which doesn't jive considering your sometimes lengthy and quick responses without errors). Be better. I don't take you seriously most of the time when you start making outlandish posts like the above or sharing utter garbage off Twitter without doing your due diligence.
You're right, I am not helping matters here and shouldn't throw around labels like that. You're really coming here singling me out though? So that's fun. I'll do better not to continue down that path, but I'm not going to hold my breath until you single out others and admonish them over the same thing. BTW, I didn't actually call anyone these names and I try to not call anyone names here. I definitely hit a nerve with you, so for your sake, I won't even say that other people claim this.

There are degrees of dyslexia, and I work hard all the time to cover for them, so kindly...