Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by Nodack »

It’s the same as a suspect being killed in custody and then people defending the death by calling the suspect a drug addict or criminal seeming to suggest that is the reason he died, which seems to suggest they deserved it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:53 pm
It’s the same as a suspect being killed in custody and then people defending the death by calling the suspect a drug addict or criminal seeming to suggest that is the reason he died, which seems to suggest they deserved it.
Nope, not even close. That's like me saying you think Gonzo Lira deserved to die in the Ukrainian prison, simply because he opposed and reported opposite of what the Ukrainian regime wanted you to hear.

Or that Matthew Perna deserved to die in prison and treated the way he was, because he deserved it.

You know what kind of person does that kind of thing?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He doesn't mention Putin once. Instead tries to spin it into some rant about how the US is a failing nation. What a coward and a traitor.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:59 pm
Nodack wrote:
Nope, not even close. That's like me saying you think Gonzo Lira deserved to die in the Ukrainian prison, simply because he opposed and reported opposite of what the Ukrainian regime wanted you to hear.

Or that Matthew Perna deserved to die in prison and treated the way he was, because he deserved it.

You just did. I don’t even know who these people are. You sure do. So you follow up the pro Russia post with another anti Ukraine pro Putin post but sort of say you aren’t really saying it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:48 am
In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:59 pm
Nodack wrote:

You just did. I don’t even know who these people are. You sure do. So you follow up the pro Russia post with another anti Ukraine pro Putin post but sort of say you aren’t really saying it.
I refuse to believe that you don't understand the difference and that it went over your head. Are you purposefully being obtuse?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I assume we can at least agree that it is not cool to jail people for their political views / peaceful protests, nor is it okay to murder them in prison? And we can agree that it's clearly true that Putin and his men had Navalny killed?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yes, I can agree that it's not cool to jail people for their political veiws / peaceful protests. And I certainly agree that it's not ok to murder them in prison. It would seem that the easiest ones to be able to kill Navalny would be the Russians, in their prison.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I could be wrong but, Putin doesn’t seem to like competition.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Now Russia is going after Navalny's brother. I'd bet that his wife is in trouble, too, since she vowed to uphold and continue his life's work. My guess is she'll be found poisoned or fallen out a window within the next few years, sadly.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Are we not going to address the more important concern about Russia using a nuclear weapon in space to destroy and disable all satellites in orbit? Seems higher urgency than the topic at hand.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Isn’t that the purpose of our new Space Force? It was only a matter of time before space was weaponized. There is plenty of rumors that the US has been working on our own weaponization of space. In the event of a major war I would assume there will be a light show in space of all the satellites being destroyed by various means. Will there be Russian or Chinese satellites equipped with nukes flying above our cities waiting to drop?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is constant war in space that Space Force is involved in. My son is in Jr ROTC at Shadow Mountain, and it's one of very few that is Space Force affiliated. The Colonel that runs it says that they are constantly fighting off attacks on the satellites every day. It's not exactly like you think, where they are building a star fleet and weaponizing space. They are involved in controlling and monitoring almost all internet traffick and communications with all the other branches. They are also involved in controlling and protecting the infrustructure of the satellites orbitting. So the 'Space' in Space Force is mostly the cyber space. Supposedly, we have what is called the 'Rods of God', which are cobalt rods that the US can drop from space nearly anywhere and it would be like a nuke hit the area without having any of the radiation fallout that would destroy the area for 1000s of years.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The irony in Democrats fuming over Trump likening himself to Navalny is downright comical, considering Navalny compared himself to Trump after Democrats banned him from social media.

"If you replace 'Trump' with 'Navalny' in today's discussion, you will get an 80% accurate Kremlin's answer as to why my name can't be mentioned on Russian TV, and I shouldn't be allowed to participate in any elections," lamented Navalny.

Explaining the repercussions, he pointed out, "This precedent will be exploited by the enemies of freedom of speech around the world," as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Stripe, Reddit, Discord, Twitch, and Snapchat, among others, collectively banned President Trump and his supporters.

"In Russia as well. Every time when they need to silence someone, they will say: 'this is just common practice, even Trump got blocked on Twitter.'"

As
@willchamberlain
articulates, "Democrats indicted the leading opposition Presidential candidate four times in four different jurisdictions in a little over four months.

Democrats in New York have gleefully persecuted him and his companies and are on the threshold of seizing almost half a billion dollars from him despite there being no similar lawsuit filed in New York ever and no injured party.

Meanwhile, the Biden Administration got caught leaning on social media companies to censor unwanted views. What's the claim here? That all this is ok because "we aren't as bad as Russia?" That it being slightly less arbitrary and more bound up in procedure means we all wave our hands?

Normal, red-blooded Americans look at the creeping authoritarianism we are seeing in this country - endless lawfare, the corruption of the judicial process, censorship - and are rightly appalled."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha. Trump is such a schmuck.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thanks gang! Good to know that I have nothing to worry about with the latest intelligence brief regarding the risk of Russia preparing to put a nuclear weapon in space and me thinking all of this other stuff is a giant red herring.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:19 pm
Thanks gang! Good to know that I have nothing to worry about with the latest intelligence brief regarding the risk of Russia preparing to put a nuclear weapon in space and me thinking all of this other stuff is a giant red herring.
Just make sure you're speaking sweet nothings into ChatGPT4 because we all know AI is going to take over and SKYNET will launch all nukes at some point :P

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ouch!

Trump got silenced because he couldn’t stop lying about everything all the time and insulting pretty much everyone all the time. Europe is petrified Trump will be elected. We go from being the leader of NATO to supporting Putins war overnight.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:15 pm
How long did it take Biden to visit the people of Palestine, PA?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You think Trump would have flown to Gaza to meet with Palestinians to express his support? Not in this lifetime.