Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:21 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:50 pm
The New York Times disclosed yesterday that the CIA built "12 Secret Spy Bases" in Ukraine, waging a shadow war against Russia for the past decade.

After a U.S.-supported violent coup toppled Ukraine's democratically elected government, CIA Director John Brennan visited Kyiv in April 2014.

Shortly after, the new Ukrainian government launched an "anti-terror operation" against its Russian-speaking citizens in Eastern Ukraine.

For eight years leading up to Russia's invasion in 2022, Ukraine's government, with help from the CIA, relentlessly bombed Eastern Ukraine.

Millions of innocent civilians were caught in the crossfire of a geopolitical chess match between Russia and the United States.

This is part of the story often ignored by the Western press, so you may likely have missed it.
I am not buying the Devils advocate thing at all. You are definitely pro Russia in every single post. I don’t know why, but you are. That’s ok if you are. Just own it. The CIA paid hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians to come out and protest? Somehow the CIA was behind it all and that’s why their leader fled? Ya right.

The operation was against Russia annexing Crimea which has led to them trying to annex the entire country now and you seem to be cool with it and think the Ukrainians like Poland deserved to be invaded because they refused when threatened instead of just surrendering. I know there were more and more pro Russian people as you get closer to Russia in Ukraine. Russia invaded Crimea and some pro Russian Ukrainians sided with Russia. Armed pro-Russian separatists seized government buildings and proclaimed the independent states of Donetsk and Luhansk, sparking the Donbas war. No doubt there is sort of a civil war in eastern Ukraine.

There is a geopolitical chess match between Russia and the West. It has been going on for many many decades. I know what side I am on. The side that doesn’t believe in a one man dictatorship that murders anyone who dares challenge him in any way. Putin lost the fight for Ukraine’s hearts and minds to the West so, he would rather burn it to the ground and every one who lives there than allow them to join NATO. That’s what this is about.
What's so hard to understand? You don't think that the CIA & state department could have pulled this off, or that they would never attempt it?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This shortish video might help.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Another piece.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ukraine has a perfectly legitimate democratically elected government. And Russia is invading them and trying to steal their land back and killing them. We should be helping them.

Nodack

Re: Russia/Ukraine2

Post by Nodack »

In2, there has been a Cold War going on between Russia and the West for quite some time. I know you have heard of it. You seem upset that the US might be involved in countering Russia in Ukraine. Would the CIA be involved? I would bet my house that they would be the same as I would bet my house that Russia’s Foreign Intelligence community was. If the CIA managed to talk 100’s of thousands of Ukrainians to protest in the streets and topple the government of Ukraine all without telling anyone who they were, that would be really impressive.

Who was Paul Manafort working for before becoming the architect of Trumps first Presidential run? He was the guy working for the pro Russian side of Ukraine politics. It was his job to get pro Russians elected in Ukraine and he was paid millions. He failed to mention that to the US until he was arrested and convicted. Luckily for him he had a get out of jail free card from Trump. Now you might say this has all been debunked. You can’t debunk a conviction with some X post from someone I never heard of.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition

Re: Russia/Ukraine2

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:21 pm
In2, there has been a Cold War going on between Russia and the West for quite some time. I know you have heard of it. You seem upset that the US might be involved in countering Russia in Ukraine. Would the CIA be involved? I would bet my house that they would be the same as I would bet my house that Russia’s Foreign Intelligence community was. If the CIA managed to talk 100’s of thousands of Ukrainians to protest in the streets and topple the government of Ukraine all without telling anyone who they were, that would be really impressive.

Who was Paul Manafort working for before becoming the architect of Trumps first Presidential run? He was the guy working for the pro Russian side of Ukraine politics. It was his job to get pro Russians elected in Ukraine and he was paid millions. He failed to mention that to the US until he was arrested and convicted. Luckily for him he had a get out of jail free card from Trump. Now you might say this has all been debunked. You can’t debunk a conviction with some X post from someone I never heard of.
So the Cold War never stopped? It didn't shut down when the Soviet Union collapsed, and there was a transition to democracy and capitalism, along with a break up into several individual countries?

I'm not trying to debunk Manafort. I am trying to show you what the history of Ukraine, how the coup happened and who was involved. Did you not watch any of the videos and just dismiss them? I mean, it wouldn't be totally unexpected if you did.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Does it look like the Cold War stopped? Does Russia seem like a Democracy to you? Your version of events always match Russia’s version of events and there is no other version. You post a million videos from people and places I have never heard of that ALWAYS point to a conspiracy theory. I stopped wasting my time clicking on every video you post from some Maga source with a weird Maga name or a place trying to pretend to be News by coming up with a fancy name.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haha, I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

I hope it's ok if I post a picture of you from the beach, but I doubt it would out your anonymity.

Split T

Post by Split T »

To be fair I think that’s a picture of basically everyone who posts in here

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:15 pm
Not everyone admits it openly, and is proud of it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"The Ukraine is a western democracy, and would never kill a journalist." Tell that to Gonzalo Lira.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:29 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:15 pm
Not everyone admits it openly, and is proud of it.
Speak for yourselves.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I believe what I believe and everyone else believes what they believe. Yes, I will believe ten mainstream articles that all say the same thing before I am going to believe some dude on the internet posting in all caps.

And Tucker Carlson is a POS.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Show me a shred of evidence that Ukraine tried to have Tucker assassinated. One. Honestly it's sad that people believe that. It comes straight from fake news Russian media sites, that rumor.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:21 am
I believe what I believe and everyone else believes what they believe. Yes, I will believe ten mainstream articles that all say the same thing before I am going to believe some dude on the internet posting in all caps.

And Tucker Carlson is a POS.
I'm sure Tucker is broken up by your criticism of him.

You can believe whatever you believe. That's totally fine. I guess I just question how you come by these beliefs. Have you ever heard of Pelosi talking to the press about how the Republicans or really anyone from Congress, including the Dems use the "wrap up smear" tactic? They will get someone to make up something. Then they will merchandise it to the press. The press will then report on it, and the press will repeat the same thing. Then some Congress person will quote those media reports to validate themselves. This will then be repeated on ten mainstream articles, that then you will believe as gospel truth, all the while it was complete made up. I'm only saying this, because you essentially explained that's exactly how you decipher what you believe.

Here is Pelosi talking about the tactic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:23 am
Show me a shred of evidence that Ukraine tried to have Tucker assassinated. One. Honestly it's sad that people believe that. It comes straight from fake news Russian media sites, that rumor.
I posted the video of the person detained for it that confessed to it with the bomb, but I can totally understand why you wouldn't say that is evidence.

In that sense, can you point to any shred of evidence that Putin killed Navalny?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:49 pm
Does it look like the Cold War stopped? Does Russia seem like a Democracy to you? Your version of events always match Russia’s version of events and there is no other version. You post a million videos from people and places I have never heard of that ALWAYS point to a conspiracy theory. I stopped wasting my time clicking on every video you post from some Maga source with a weird Maga name or a place trying to pretend to be News by coming up with a fancy name.
Do you remember the Presidential debate that Obama had with Romney in 2012, where Obama said that the Cold War had been over for 20 years?
Here is a reminder:

Btw, Romney actually called Russia a geopolitical 'Foe' not a 'Threat'.