Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by Nodack »

Putin going off on his new world order he has created.

Putin says Russia is building the new world order right now
https://english.pravda.ru/russia/152411 ... rld_order/

The changes that are currently taking place in the world are fundamental in their nature. The world will not be as it was before, President Vladimir Putin said in his speech at the plenary session of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.

"It is erroneous to believe that one can sit and wait when the time of turbulent changes goes by, when everything goes back to where it was. It won't," Putin said…

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I can't wait until that dude is dead.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:56 am
I feel that way about several people nowadays.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
I know I give you shit about your Wordle prowess but fuck man....
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:13 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
???

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:19 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:13 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
???
Sorry. It was a total joke going back to our Wordle thread :P I hope letting you know it's a joke, you can laugh at it now. I can totally see though how it might have read otherwise. Just like texting, hard to convey meaning with written word sometimes!
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

I assumed it was a joke, but I didn't (and still don't) get it. Sorry, I am just slow today.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:00 pm
I assumed it was a joke, but I didn't (and still don't) get it. Sorry, I am just slow today.
As in, you wish a few people were dead these days, me being one of them for messing with you in the Wordle thread sometimes.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:00 pm
As in, you wish a few people were dead these days, me being one of them for messing with you in the Wordle thread sometimes.
No wonder we didn't get it. Nobody would ever wish you dead.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

yeah, what Supe said.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Oh I know 😘❤️

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Russia will soon exhaust its combat capabilities, Western assessments predict
https://www.msn.com/ru-xl/news/newsworl ... ar-AAYQXFi
The Russian military will soon exhaust its combat capabilities and be forced to bring its offensive in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region to a grinding halt, according to Western intelligence predictions and military experts.

Officials refuse to offer a time frame, but British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, citing intelligence assessments, indicated this week that Russia would be able to continue to fight on only for the “next few months.” After that, “Russia could come to a point when there is no longer any forward momentum because it has exhausted its resources,” he told the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung in an interview.

The Russians still have the advantage over Ukrainian forces, who are suffering, too. Ukrainian officials put the number of their soldiers killed in action at as many as 200 a day. The Ukrainians have also almost entirely run out of the Soviet-era ammunition on which their own weapons systems rely, and they are still in the process of transitioning to Western systems.

But conditions for Ukrainian troops are only likely to improve as more sophisticated Western weapons arrive, while those of Russian forces can be expected to deteriorate as they dig deeper into their stocks of old, outdated equipment, said retired Gen. Ben Hodges, a former commander of U.S. forces in Europe who is now with the Center for European Policy Analysis. At some point in the coming months, the Ukrainians will have received enough Western weaponry that it is likely they will be able to go on the counteroffensive and reverse the tide of the war, he said.

Already there are indications that the supply of Western weapons is gathering pace. Newly arrived French Caesar howitzers were videoed in action on the battlefield last week, followed this week by German Panzerhaubitze 2000 howitzers, the first of the heavy weapons promised by Germany to be delivered.

British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace issued a press release announcing the shipment of multiple-launch rocket systems (MLRS), which can strike targets with high precision up to 50 miles away.

The first of the much anticipated U.S. HIMARS systems, which will give the Ukrainians the ability to strike up to 50 miles behind Russian lines, have also been delivered to Ukraine in recent days, according to U.S. officials, though these weapons have not yet been reported in use on the front lines.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The sanctions, being ostracized from the world at large, and the cost of the war are adding up. Russia is in trouble.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think I read where they have the money. They just won’t let them pay with that currency due to the sanctions. The world F’ed them. I hope they feel it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I feel that way about myself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap, what’s going on? You should talk to a professional. I’m concerned about you.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:19 am
Cap wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:57 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap, what’s going on? You should talk to a professional. I’m concerned about you.
Same. If you are not already, please talk to someone that has devoted their life to helping others that feel this way.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thinking of you, cap, and hoping you will be okay. We are your friends and we care about you and support you. I really enjoy talking to you here and hope that you can find a way forward.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agree Cap. Always here for you. I know most of us would drop anything to talk or help you out if needed. As others have said, talk to someone.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.