Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, okay. Sure.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is pretty embarrassing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:40 am
LOL, okay. Sure.

I would think they would have martial law there. The Russians may be occupying that land but the Ukrainians that live there probably don’t consider themselves Russians. They probably know what is going on. They know that their brethren are fighting and making up ground on the Russians. If I were Putin, I would consider the locals hostile to my cause and wouldn’t want them wandering around next to my troops.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

An alarming note. As we all know, Putin has been threatening using nukes for some time.The Russians haven’t spoken to the US since May. They just called the US, UK, Germany and other countries to let them know that they think Ukraine is going to set off a dirty bomb in Ukraine and blame it on Russia. Russia said they were just calling to make sure everyone knows it was Ukraine who set off the bomb. Russia was sent a response that basically said there is no way they would blame anyone except Russia.

Russia gearing up for escalation and pre blaming Ukraine?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Russian logic is strangely similar to a certain US political party.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I smell what you are stepping in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh oh. Russia just launched missiles at Poland.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The consensus in the West is that Russia FU and accidentally sent it there. Makes sense since they are running out of soldiers with any military training. I don’t think this will start a war between NATO and Russia unless Russia announces that it was intentional and start sending more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It sounds like there's a bit of uncertainty about the origin of the missile. Some reports are saying Russia. Some are saying unknown. I even saw a report saying it was an accidental Ukranian missile that was heat-seeking after a Russian missile, or something like that. Sounds like we need to wait for more info on the story.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They were never on his side in the first place, so couldn't have turned on him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Tucker Carlson's show after Zelenskyy's visit was pretty embarrassing. He criticizes Zelenskyy and Ukraine and also criticizes the US and Biden for meeting with him and for offering Ukraine aid. This stuff reads like Putin himself wrote it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wonder who really pays Tucker salary…

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Germany and the US agree to send tanks to Ukraine. Russia says that is a dangerous move. It is. For Russians.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Putin has been branded a criminal by the International courts.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:50 am

Great and all if they could actually take him into custody and put him on trial but we all know that’s never gonna happen.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:50 am
I don’t think they can brand him a criminal without a trial that is never going to happen. They’ve branded him a war crime suspect or something like that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He has been labeled a war criminal by the International Criminal Court and an arrest warrant has been issued. They won’t send a couple of guys to Russia and demand he surrender to them. They would end up accidentally falling off a high rise. I think it does send a clear message to Putin and those countries helping him though. He won’t be vacationing in any country that isn’t pro Russia any time soon. China and Iran are helping a war criminal commit crimes against humanity. That doesn’t look good on their international resume.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Well as I understood it the main benefit of declaring him a war criminal is that he now can't travel freely to related countries. If he did, they'd be compelled to arrest him. So it does restrict him somewhat and serves as a bit of an embarrassment.