Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by Mori Chu »

Those pesky Ukrainians keep bombing themselves again!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I've always wondered how the world let Hitler happen. But with so many people around the world (especially in the US from the GOP/Trumpublicans), it is makes me see how easy it is.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If you look at the comments and other video, I'm curious. What kind of bomb is this? I didn't see structural damage, and it seemed nearly every person killed, died of a headshot.

Also, one of pics showed the bomb, which is how they identified it, but a lot of it was intact.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:36 am
If you look at the comments and other video, I'm curious. What kind of bomb is this? I didn't see structural damage, and it seemed nearly every person killed, died of a headshot.

Also, one of pics showed the bomb, which is how they identified it, but a lot of it was intact.
You're right, the whole war is probably fake and staged by those Ukraine Nazis.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oof, look at how much devastation the Ukranian people unleashed on themselves. I mean on their fake actors pretending to be hurt, that is.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:12 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:36 am

You're right, the whole war is probably fake and staged by those Ukraine Nazis.
Give me a break. Everything should go unquestioned? What a joke.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:25 am
Oof, look at how much devastation the Ukranian people unleashed on themselves. I mean on their fake actors pretending to be hurt, that is.

The devastation and horrific deaths is tragic. I can't get past the paywall, without obviously subscribing to the Post, but the scene here are cars that were torched, right? I thought they would show something more devastating for their tweet and first pic in the article.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

So in2, you actually think the Ukrainian’s have staged the entire war and faked the thousands of bombs that have rained down on them just to frame Russia? You think they have killed thousands of their own people and that Russia somehow hasn’t killed a single person or dropped a single bomb? You still think they are there on a peacekeeping mission or are we just all duped and there are no Russians in Ukraine?

Indy

Post by Indy »

this is wild.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Years of conditioning based on cruddy GOP/conservative propaganda along with questionable social media and explicit disinformation have led to the point where "questioning" everything is the norm for some of these folks. Even if you see it in many news outlets, even if there are photos or videos, even if you can see it right there with your own eyes, you must question it and must assume things are fake or staged rather than more likely to be real. At least, if it contradicts your pre-existing biases and opinions, that is.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:06 am
So in2, you actually think the Ukrainian’s have staged the entire war and faked the thousands of bombs that have rained down on them just to frame Russia? You think they have killed thousands of their own people and that Russia somehow hasn’t killed a single person or dropped a single bomb? You still think they are there on a peacekeeping mission or are we just all duped and there are no Russians in Ukraine?
I didn't say that. Don't try to put words in my mouth or create just another super weak Strawman, Nodack.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:20 am
Years of conditioning based on cruddy GOP/conservative propaganda along with questionable social media and explicit disinformation have led to the point where "questioning" everything is the norm for some of these folks. Even if you see it in many news outlets, even if there are photos or videos, even if you can see it right there with your own eyes, you must question it and must assume things are fake or staged rather than more likely to be real. At least, if it contradicts your pre-existing biases and opinions, that is.

This shows the bomb used. There was another video in the tweets that showed the victims, and it is tragic, no doubt. It's been removed, but it literally showed the victims in graphic terms, where they didn't have any burns on their bodies or clothes, and except for one that had an injured and bloody knee, all had gaping mortal head wounds. I was just commenting off these two things. How come you didn't see them when you posted this tweet?

But my "questioning" is to be admonished? That's ridiculous on it's head.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There are plenty of gross photos coming out of Ukraine over the past week or two of horrible dead bodies with gunshot holes, tied hands and feet, bloody wounds, and other yuckiness. I don't know 100% of the journalistic decision making process but I imagine that mostly they try to avoid showing such atrocity and gore right in their articles to avoid upsetting the viewer. It's out there if you really want to see it. I don't see it as supporting evidence for some kind of conspiracy or coverup or fakeness or whatever. Again, if you want to see horribly mutilated dead Ukranian bodies, it's on Twitter, go knock yourself out.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't want to see the grotesque scenes of war and war crimes. It's disturbing.

If you saw the video tweet that I saw, you would be asking the same questions, unless you are intellectually dishonest.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:10 am
If you saw the video tweet that I saw, you would be asking the same questions, unless you are intellectually dishonest.
No, I wouldn't. What are you now, an expert on ballistic missiles and weapons of war? You know exactly how a missile or bomb should look after detonation, and exactly how the wounds should look on its victims? This is silly. Why is it more likely to you that this is staged or fake?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:22 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:10 am
No, I wouldn't. What are you now, an expert on ballistic missiles and weapons of war? You know exactly how a missile or bomb should look after detonation, and exactly how the wounds should look on its victims? This is silly. Why is it more likely to you that this is staged or fake?
Of course, I am not a munitions expert, hence the questions. I do not know what the damage these bombs would do, hence the questions. I do not think these victims are fake or staged. I just would have expected something different from my limited knowledge of bombs. I have never seen bombs that don't entirely blow up, which surprised me. I also haven't seen bombs that only fire damage cars, opened the suitcases, but then also only seemingly target heads of all victims without any of the fire damage that was done to the vehicles. That seemed odd to me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

There you go again making completely false statements. It is becoming a pattern. Next you will say, Oh I didn't say that, I was just putting it out there to see what you all would say.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:37 am
There you go again making completely false statements. It is becoming a pattern. Next you will say, Oh I didn't say that, I was just putting it out there to see what you all would say.
What false statements, Indy?

Indy

Post by Indy »

that the weapons just burnt cars without any other damage, that the weapons just opened up suit cases, or that they only targeted the heads of victims. It is all just more bullshit you are promoting.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:44 am
that the weapons just burnt cars without any other damage, that the weapons just opened up suit cases, or that they only targeted the heads of victims. It is all just more bullshit you are promoting.
That is exactly what I'm seeing with my own eyes in the photos and videos that were in the tweet and tweet mentions. That's not bs at all.