Bitcoin, crypto, NFTs

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Bitcoin, crypto, NFTs

Post by Mori Chu »

Thought I'd make a thread about Bitcoin and other crypto-adjacent tech since it appears a lot lately in stories. Do any of you own any crypto? Has it been a good investment for you?

I am reluctant to have anything to do with it since it consumes such a huge amount of energy and is bad for the planet. An interesting thread:

Superbone

Re: Bitcoin, crypto, NFTs

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, I’ve currently got some Bitcoin, Etherium, and Cardano. Cardano for the very reason you mentioned. I experimented a few years ago before the bitcoin explosion and tripled my money but that was with a very small amount of bitcoin, etherium, and lite coin. I now have a bigger stake but it’s still a very, very small portion of my portfolio. One of my co-workers is taking a big shot at it. I’m guessing I’ve got about a 10th as much into it as he does.

Just in 2021, I bought 10K of bitcoin in early January and I’ve already watched it double, come all the way back to the starting point, then double again, and now it’s back down to about 40% up. Talk about volatile!

BTW, why is this in Politics and not General?
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I want to be who I think I am." - Frank Kaminsky

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Poorly drawn comics for kids is where I currently stand on the whole NFT thing. Maybe there's an opportunity there, but a rotating image someone made with Illustrator isn't going to be the next Mona Lisa.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good point about it being in General. I thought that we might want to discuss the political aspects of the topic since it seems to be turning into an issue that people have political takes on. It could probably go in either.