Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

This man does not give a shit about US national security.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL. No cognitive decline here.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The funniest part is he thinks he's a genius for thinking it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Man... that's some straight up idiotic shit. You know his base is like.. "this man is the smartest man to ever grace this planet".

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:07 pm
LOL. No cognitive decline here.
Are we talking like, relative to 1980, or relative to 2015?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He has lost all contact with reality at this point.

Trump Bizarrely Declares ‘I Was Never Indicted’ After Being Indicted Four Times
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump ... our-times/
“Mr. President, you said Sidney Powell wasn’t your attorney, are you concerned that you won’t be covered by attorney-client privilege?” a reporter asked Trump.

“No, not at all. We did nothing wrong,” Trump replied to the reporter’s question.

Fumbling somewhat, Trump continued, “We did nothing wrong. This is all Biden, indictments and impeachments and this is all about Biden, he can’t do anything right. The only thing they know how to do is cheat in elections and election fraud. This is all by himself.”

“All of these indictments that you see. I was never indicted. Practically never heard the word. It wasn’t a word that registered,” Trump concluded.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He also promised to reinstate his Muslim ban.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Crazy you can just be racist in public with no repercussions now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mike Pence drops out of the 2024 Presidential race. Bye bye. The only good thing about him is the same thing that makes him unelectable in a GOP primary: He refused in the end to go along with the Big Lie and the insurrection.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Now we have a speaker of the House who was an architect of the big lie third in line for the WH.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not sure how a democratic republic can stand when it has only two political parties, and one of them with roughly 50% voter support openly supports authoritarian takeover of the country. I don't know what we're going to do. All it takes is one red wave election and we're toast.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republicans aren’t looking so good. The party is now almost all Maga and Maga candidates have been losing elections. Republicans stole a Supreme Court Judge seat from Obama and then the new Supreme Court justices that claimed Roe/Wade was written in stone during their confirmation hearings all voted to overturn it. Women are pissed off. Clarence Thomas is looking like his vote is for sale as he took a lot of gifts/bribes. Trumps endless drama is wearing thin on some and 90 something criminal charges in four different jurisdictions doesn’t look good. They fired their own speaker and then couldn’t find anyone they all liked enough to vote for. An attempted coup is a bridge too far for many Americans. I know the polls all say all kinds of things. Biden would win. Trump would win.

I think Biden has done an excellent job. Very few people share that view. He’s too old now and should step aside. He’s not doing it. His election site is in full swing. He’s not backing out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Takeaways from Day 1 of the Trump disqualification trial in Colorado
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/30/politics ... index.html
14th Amendment wrote:"Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
People keep getting too focused on whether Trump "engaged" in "insurrection." That's not necessary to be ineligible. If you boil it down, it says: "No person shall...hold any office, civil or military, under the United States...who, having previously taken an oath...as an officer of the United States...to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have...given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof [i.e., of the Constitution]."

He certainly gave aid or comfort to those trying to stop the Constitutional process for the transfer of power.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with you. But the wording of "giving aid and comfort to the enemies thereof" is pretty vague and needs interpretation. If used too loosely, it could be weaponized by bad actors in the future. "Joe Biden reduced border wall funding, so he's giving aid and comfort to our enemies, the evil illegal immigrants! Treason! Ineligible!" etc.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This article is nightmare fuel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump lays out very clearly and repeatedly that if elected President, he will do a great many corrupt and dangerous things.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This language is not normal. Except for him.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I'm guilty ... I'm a Marxist ...

Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?