Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the funniest part of that Bee headline is that in the image near bottom-right, one of the "women" accusing Trump's pick is Adam Kinzinger, a former Republican congressman who now is anti-Trump.

Only thing is, I personally think Trump's likely to pick a woman as his VP (Stefanik, Lake, etc.), or a gay man (Tim Scott), so the headline probably won't make any sense when all's said and done.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:02 am
I think the funniest part of that Bee headline is that in the image near bottom-right, one of the "women" accusing Trump's pick is Adam Kinzinger, a former Republican congressman who now is anti-Trump.

Only thing is, I personally think Trump's likely to pick a woman as his VP (Stefanik, Lake, etc.), or a gay man (Tim Scott), so the headline probably won't make any sense when all's said and done.
I think that's part of the point of the humor.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nikki Haley gets over 20% of the GOP primary vote in Indiana, despite not campaigning there and having dropped out months ago. Trump has lost a substantial portion of the GOP.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:44 am
Nikki Haley gets over 20% of the GOP primary vote in Indiana, despite not campaigning there and having dropped out months ago. Trump has lost a substantial portion of the GOP.

Interesting analysis.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 am
Mori Chu wrote:

If you have to explain it...
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:55 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 am
Mori Chu wrote:

If you have to explain it...
Are you saying that some humor is above the intelligence levels of those here? Come on man, Mori is extremely intelligent.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm almost as smart as RFK Jr.! ;-) JK In2, it's all love.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

IMO this kind of talk is really bad and should not be done by anyone on either side. The other political party is a greater threat to our country than China or Russia? Okay.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump is definitely a greater threat than China or Russia to the US IMO. I am just a citizen. A US presidential candidate saying that about half the country is pretty unbelievable. Then again it’s Trump and he has no filter and just says the most inflammatory things he can think of at all times.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:38 am
Trump is definitely a greater threat than China or Russia to the US IMO. I am just a citizen. A US presidential candidate saying that about half the country is pretty unbelievable. Then again it’s Trump and he has no filter and just says the most inflammatory things he can think of at all times.
And his booger eating base believes this shit.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:48 am
Nodack wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:38 am
And his booger eating base believes this shit.
Wow, I'm sure the ridiculous ad hominem attacks are definitely going to change people's minds. It's also not just his base.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Biden is definitely dangerous. If he is elected he is going to continue to help Ukraine. That is definitely super dangerous. He should just praise Putin and refuse to help Ukraine like Trump and Maga. Biden cares about keeping Democracy alive in the US. That is certainly dangerous for those on the far right who no longer wish to be a Democracy. Biden promotes our US institutions. Maga definitely considers that ultra dangerous to their cause of bringing down those institutions. Biden is going to promote green tech. Super dangerous. Only oil and gas should ever be permitted in this country. Holding back military aid to Ukraine defending their land from invasion is good. Holding back military aid to Israel who is invading lands and ignoring our requests for restraint is bad.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 am
Biden is definitely dangerous. If he is elected he is going to continue to help Ukraine. That is definitely super dangerous. He should just praise Putin and refuse to help Ukraine like Trump and Maga. Biden cares about keeping Democracy alive in the US. That is certainly dangerous for those on the far right who no longer wish to be a Democracy. Biden promotes our US institutions. Maga definitely considers that ultra dangerous to their cause of bringing down those institutions. Biden is going to promote green tech. Super dangerous. Only oil and gas should ever be permitted in this country. Holding back military aid to Ukraine defending their land from invasion is good. Holding back military aid to Israel who is invading lands and ignoring our requests for restraint is bad.
Are you attacking independent voters now?

I don't think this is anywhere close to why independent voters feel the way they do about the issue. I think more thought and analysis needs to happen before you find the right answer.

Kind of feels like this answer from Pelosi.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is maybe not illegal, but it's slimy. Asking oil companies for $$$ in exchange for promised to let them write legislation for him in 2025:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sounds pretty illegal to me. Give me a billion dollars towards my campaign and I will do whatever legislation you want? Only in Magaland is that cool. I guess Saudi Arabia gave his son a billion dollars. Why not him?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump’s defense secretary called him ‘a madman in a circular room screaming’, new book reveals
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 42560.html
“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people — does not even pretend to try,” Mr Mattis wrote.

“Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership.”

In his 2020 book Rage, journalist Bob Woodward wrote that General Mattis said Mr Trump was “unfit” and “dangerous” as president and had “no moral compass”.

TOO

Post by TOO »

But he's totally fit to run a country. Smh.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:48 pm
Trump’s defense secretary called him ‘a madman in a circular room screaming’, new book reveals
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 42560.html
“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people — does not even pretend to try,” Mr Mattis wrote.

“Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership.”

In his 2020 book Rage, journalist Bob Woodward wrote that General Mattis said Mr Trump was “unfit” and “dangerous” as president and had “no moral compass”.
So I guess Biden is the 2nd who doesn't even try?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dems may investigate Trump for asking the oil industry for $1b in bribes.

Cap

Post by Cap »

It’s not a bribe when conservatives do it. The money demand and policy promise should be construed as two things that have nothing to do with each other. Just like Thomas ruling Crowe’s way and Crowe giving him gifts, it’s entirely coincidental.