Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Trump 2024

Post by In2ition »

Oh lighten up, Francis. I was only kidding and wasn't even talking to you, but here you are trying to be a tough guy again.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

lol. being a tough guy now is repeating facts. talk about snowflakes.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am all for ending all Gerrymandering across the board. It’s 100% partisan and both sides do it. Would even be into making the lines of each district randomly change every two years.

When I was on the road in a band playing the hotel circuit, we made it a rule that we all had to rotate who we shared a room with each time we changed locations, which was usually every two weeks. It kept us all friends and the band fresh. When the same two always room together it becomes more of an us against them mentality. At one point we took a vacation and when we came back, two of the guys were married and decided to bring their wives with them on the road. The single guys didn’t want to room with a married couple so, we made the married couples room together. Needless to say that was the beginning of the end. It became two married couples against everyone else. The two married guys quit and were replaced. Both guys got divorced. Lol

Why the stupid story? It just reminded me of gerrymandering. The band outlawed gerrymandering in the band until the rules changed and that led to parting ways.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:13 pm
But I was told that only the evil GOP gerrymanders. Dems would never, so this is fake news and propaganda. How dare you, Mori? I need that Greta Thunberg meme.
Citation needed? Who said that only the GOP gerrymanders? Both parties gerrymander, and it is bad. In the current system there is no incentive for one party to stop gerrymandering because it amounts to giving away an advantage that the other side is going to take advantage of. That's what that tweet I cited is getting at. I strongly favor banning partisan gerrymandering and having independent commissions approve congressional district maps to avoid crazy gerrymandered districts that overly favor either party or any other group. I don't think I have ever said otherwise.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You seriously believe this? This story is somehow ringing true to you, Mori?

It really sounds like Trump lives rent free in a lot of people's heads, and it smells like desperation. It's sad and pathetic, and I feel bad for these people.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am

It really sounds like Trump lives rent free in a lot of people's heads, and it smells like desperation. It's sad and pathetic, and I feel bad for these people.
At the same time, have you seen the stuff QAnon and even Trump have been floating for years? How can you call Mori sad and pathetic with Trump living in his head but post some of the outlandish links you post? You share such crud from the worst sources just to get a reaction. Hey pot, meet kettle.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:32 am

At the same time, have you seen the stuff QAnon and even Trump have been floating for years? How can you call Mori sad and pathetic with Trump living in his head but post some of the outlandish links you post? You share such crud from the worst sources just to get a reaction. Hey pot, meet kettle.
Do you think this is true what was posted? I may have posted some outlandish things, but I can't recall right now what those were and perhaps you can find them and remind me. If I got called out by others, that makes it so I can't do the same? Come on, man. If you think this post was true, smh. If you think it was crazy on it's head, then why did it take me to call it out and you didn't do it?

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is tough to decide who is less trustworthy between Trump and Omarosa.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It seems clear from the past few days that Trump inappropriately destroyed a lot of documents he should have preserved as WH records. Whether he literally ate any of them is anybody's guess. We don't approve of people mishandling potentially classified information, right? (#butheremails) So we agree that Trump has done something bad here?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think that's even clear that he destroyed anything. Still feels like speculation, and wishful thinking by those desperate and panicking.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Whose wishful thinking is "I hope trump destroyed documents?"

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

The crazed, howling left?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:53 am
I don't think that's even clear that he destroyed anything. Still feels like speculation, and wishful thinking by those desperate and panicking.
At a minimum he seems to have taken over a dozen boxes of material with him as he left the WH, including possibly classified materials.
Some Trump records taken to Mar-a-Lago clearly marked as classified, including documents at ‘top secret’ level

The existence of documents officially labeled as classified in the trove — which has not previously been reported — raises new questions about why the materials were taken out of the White House.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... lassified/

Before you start saying this is fake lib stuff, note in the article that they literally have photos of the boxes being loaded up into Trump's vehicles as he's leaving.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wouldn't say this is fake, just some dumb report that he ate the paper is beyond hilarious. Or, I should say people believing the report that he ate the paper is beyond hilarious.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He said she said. Doesn’t really matter. The idea that Trump would intentionally preserve documents that could get him into trouble is the funny part.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 pm
I wouldn't say this is fake, just some dumb report that he ate the paper is beyond hilarious. Or, I should say people believing the report that he ate the paper is beyond hilarious.
Let's set aside whether somebody ate a paper; you're using that to dismiss the whole story, which is about exiting Pres. Trump taking several boxes of classified documents out with him from the WH as he departed. Are you okay with that? How would you compare such a thing to the infamous Hillary Clinton email server?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:24 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:21 pm
Let's set aside whether somebody ate a paper; you're using that to dismiss the whole story, which is about exiting Pres. Trump taking several boxes of classified documents out with him from the WH as he departed. Are you okay with that? How would you compare such a thing to the infamous Hillary Clinton email server?
You claimed that I would claim the story about Trump taking several boxes of classified documents out with him to FL was fake. I addressed that and said I didn't think that was fake. The only reason I brought up the other was because it was a point of emphasis for "why" you thought I would call the other story fake. Sorry you didn't understand that, as I must not have made myself clear.
I also don't recall mentioning the Hillary Clinton email server or comparing them, and I believe that was you making that comparison. So I don't understand why you are trying to project that on to me, as I never mentioned her at all.

So did he destroy the documents or preserve them? I'm confused on now, because both were reported.

For the record, I didn't call you sad and pathetic, Mori. I was calling the ones that wrote the articles sad and pathetic. I know AIG accused me of calling you that, but I wasn't.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:22 pm

So did he destroy the documents or preserve them? I'm confused on now, because both were reported.
Removing documents from the white house to take with you while no longer president isn't preserving them. The National Archives are where they are preserved. You know this.