Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Superbone »

Eyes wide shut.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:35 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:17 am
Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:55 am
But if some liberal commentator on cnn says wet works, it absolutely can only be taken literally and means Biden wants to assassinate Trump
Wet works is something totally different. It's referring to special forces or agency type assassination plots and operations. Those are people and organizations with the means and resources to make those things happen. Am I wrong?
It’s not about what it actually is…it’s about what you take seriously and what you write off as a harmless joke. If Trump or a conservative says it, it’s a harmless joke.
That's your perception, because your perception is skewed. It's not reality. I give you reasons exactly why things are different and when I think he says something I don't agree with.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump posted a picture of Biden bound in the back of a Maga PU going down the road. That’s F U from any viewpoint. Skewed? I have eyes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:00 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
But if some liberal commentator on cnn says wet works, it absolutely can only be taken literally and means Biden wants to assassinate Trump
Wet works is something totally different. It's referring to special forces or agency type assassination plots and operations. Those are people and organizations with the means and resources to make those things happen. Am I wrong?
It’s not about what it actually is…it’s about what you take seriously and what you write off as a harmless joke. If Trump or a conservative says it, it’s a harmless joke.
That's your perception, because your perception is skewed. It's not reality. I give you reasons exactly why things are different and when I think he says something I don't agree with.
I don’t think I’m the skewed one here…I’m perfectly willing to call out either side. I can’t recall a single time Trump has done something wrong in your mind..

How is saying wet works(which implies assassination) different from a picture of Biden tied up and gagged? Does that not also imply the same thing?

I have never heard the term wet works in my life, but if it really only means what you say it means then yes that was an out of line comment.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:00 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
I don’t think I’m the skewed one here…I’m perfectly willing to call out either side. I can’t recall a single time Trump has done something wrong in your mind..

How is saying wet works(which implies assassination) different from a picture of Biden tied up and gagged? Does that not also imply the same thing?

I have never heard the term wet works in my life, but if it really only means what you say it means then yes that was an out of line comment.
It was clearly comedy by a nobody, but meant for his own like minded people who would laugh at it. Are you saying if you saw that you would be clutching your pearls in horror, saying, "Well, I never..."?

I've disagreed with Trump on the vaccines, on his endorsements and hirings, along with when he says stupid things.

And about calling out Biden, is there anything recently that he's done that you don't agree with? Maybe in the last day?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t pay close enough attention to his day to day but I definitely don’t agree with what he’s done in Israel/Palestine. I’ve also said I don’t plan to vote for him and think he’s too old and more importantly, not mentally acute enough to be president 4 more years.

And yes, very funny to joke about killing someone. I’m not saying it’s some terrible thing, but I don’t think it’s just all good. Our country is too divided, jokes like that make it worse.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm sure the joke wasn't meant for you, so no need to get all bent out of shape over it. If you did get triggered by it, it becomes a source of humor for the guy, so why give him the satisfaction?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:58 pm
I'm sure the joke wasn't meant for you, so no need to get all bent out of shape over it. If you did get triggered by it, it becomes a source of humor for the guy, so why give him the satisfaction?
I'm glad you had a huge laugh over it.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:06 pm
In2ition wrote:
I didn't.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:14 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I didn't.
So, who's the audience then? And why does that make it OK?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What kind of leader acts like this? A bully, a troll. An asshole. If you want to lead the greatest nation in the world*, show some character for Pete's sake.

* debatable

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It is so sad and crazy that people defend it. And so vigorously at that.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:26 pm
Those people consider themselves patriots.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:18 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:14 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I didn't.
So, who's the audience then? And why does that make it OK?
Other like minded people that dislike everything about Biden..That doesn't mean I'm the audience, for that humor and thought it's funny.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:13 pm
What kind of leader acts like this? A bully, a troll. An asshole. If you want to lead the greatest nation in the world*, show some character for Pete's sake.

* debatable
Well, Biden continues to call half the country domestic terrorists, so that's 75 million times worse, but since you agree, you would never condemn his behavior as a leader.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
So you think I'm crazy now? Smh

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:28 pm
Superbone wrote:
Yeah, there are a lot of people that love this country and hate Biden and what he's doing to it. People that have give loved ones, taken oaths to protect this country from enemies foreign or domestic and give limbs to protect her. Yes, people that consider themselves Patriots, and still have a first amendment right to disagree with their leaders. Only tyrants think they can't be questioned.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
So you think I'm crazy now? Smh
I do not think you are crazy, In2. But you do like the Suns so… :P
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:36 pm
TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:28 pm
Superbone wrote:
Yeah, there are a lot of people that love this country and hate Biden and what he's doing to it. People that have give loved ones, taken oaths to protect this country from enemies foreign or domestic and give limbs to protect her. Yes, people that consider themselves Patriots, and still have a first amendment right to disagree with their leaders. Only tyrants think they can't be questioned.
Hello, hi, I am one of those people.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."