Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Trump 2024

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 8:43 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:26 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 3:39 pm
Or maybe ex-US Presidents should avoid inflaming tensions and suggesting civil wars in their own country?
Suggesting that it's already happening, and not in a kinetic way your may be thinking of, is inflaming tensions? How so?
Sure, there's already a civil war happening. What with all the states seceding, the violence in the streets, red and blue shooting at each other, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria! That must be what Trump meant. My bad.
Like I said, it's not in the way you think of a civil war.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Intensifying Inquiry Into Alternate Electors Focuses on Trump Lawyers
In recent subpoenas, federal prosecutors investigating alternate slates of pro-Trump electors sought information about Rudolph W. Giuliani, John Eastman and others.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/25/us/p ... cheme.html
The Justice Department has stepped up its criminal investigation into the creation of alternate slates of pro-Trump electors seeking to overturn Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory in the 2020 election, with a particular focus on a team of lawyers that worked on behalf of President Donald J. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

A federal grand jury in Washington has started issuing subpoenas in recent weeks to people linked to the alternate elector plan, requesting information about several lawyers including Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and one of his chief legal advisers, John Eastman, one of the people said.

The subpoenas also seek information on other pro-Trump lawyers like Jenna Ellis, who worked with Mr. Giuliani, and Kenneth Chesebro, who wrote memos supporting the elector scheme in the weeks after the election.

A top Justice Department official acknowledged in January that prosecutors were trying to determine whether any crimes were committed in the scheme.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Increasingly I think that Trump himself is going to get indicted. And when he does, it is going to be glorious.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Someday Karma is going to catch up to that guy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:42 am
He's 75. Doesn't seem like it. Evil ones seem to live forever.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:27 am
Nodack wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:42 am
He's 75. Doesn't seem like it. Evil ones seem to live forever.
Especially evil ones with money.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Doesn't get talked about enough, but Trump's petty decision to withdraw from the Iran deal (simply because Obama made it) has been one of his biggest fuckups of his Presidency.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I talked about it a lot.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Evangelicals supporting Trump is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. What a selling out of one's supposed religious principles.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They feel emboldened. They don't even try to hide the racism any more.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not going to click on the link but Trump cares about nothing and nobody but himself.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I realize that I've fallen a bit behind on the latest conspiracy theories. I had not heard of this "Nesara" thing.

Here's a bit more about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESARA
National Economic Security and Recovery Act (NESARA) was a set of proposed economic reforms for the United States suggested during the 1990s by Harvey Francis Barnard. Barnard claimed that the proposals, which included replacing the income tax with a national sales tax, abolishing compound interest on secured loans, and returning to a bimetallic currency, would result in 0% inflation and a more stable economy. The proposals were never introduced before Congress.

NESARA has since become better known as the subject of a cult-like conspiracy theory promoted by Shaini Candace Goodwin, also known as "Dove of Oneness", who claimed that the act was actually passed with additional provisions as the National Economic Security and Reformation Act, and then suppressed by the George W. Bush administration and the Supreme Court. Goodwin's conspiracy emails have been translated into several languages and have a large following online.
The wiki article gets really wacky. Read it to the end if you want a chuckle. They think alien beings are coming down to enact this law or something.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dove of Oneness? wtf is wrong with people.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This article by Jonathan Swan is really frightening and interesting. In particular read about T's proposed "Schedule F" executive order that would allow him to fire much of the federal government.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think it would be fun to be a conspiracy theorist. Sit around all day making up conspiracy theories and spreading them on social media.

“Elon Musk is the illegitimate son of Ronald Reagan.”

“Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz secret love affair spanning decades”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO, this is worth a watch.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The UK Prime Minister debate. I was shocked how civil they were to each other.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/ ... un-debate/