Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Trump 2024

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:43 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:22 pm

So did he destroy the documents or preserve them? I'm confused on now, because both were reported.
Removing documents from the white house to take with you while no longer president isn't preserving them. The National Archives are where they are preserved. You know this.
So he definitely didn't destroy them either. I guess we'll have to see what happens now.
We should make a Predictions thread.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

it was reported many of the documents were shredded/torn up.

And prediction about what?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey In2, would you be willing to answer the following questions for me?

1) Is it okay for an exiting President to take several boxes of classified documents with him as he leaves the White House?
2) Is it okay for a sitting President to shred documents that are supposed to be preserved for record-keeping?

I just want to know whether you think these things are bad, or no big deal, or where you stand on it. For example, if Biden decides to take a dozen boxes home with him, how do you think you would react to that? If you learned that Biden were shredding all documents related to his handling of, say, Afghanistan, or related to his son Hunter, or related to the vote-counting in 2020, would you find this concerning? Or is it okay?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It could be predictions about anything politically.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:44 am
Hey In2, would you be willing to answer the following questions for me?

1) Is it okay for an exiting President to take several boxes of classified documents with him as he leaves the White House?
2) Is it okay for a sitting President to shred documents that are supposed to be preserved for record-keeping?

I just want to know whether you think these things are bad, or no big deal, or where you stand on it. For example, if Biden decides to take a dozen boxes home with him, how do you think you would react to that? If you learned that Biden were shredding all documents related to his handling of, say, Afghanistan, or related to his son Hunter, or related to the vote-counting in 2020, would you find this concerning? Or is it okay?
Oh, at least you're not making claims I said something I didn't.

I don't know the law on this, so I'm not sure, tbh. I acknowledge that it certainly doesn't sound good. It would be intellectually dishonest to say it's nothing. It should be investigated. If they are supposed to be preserved, their must be a law against shredding or burning them, but I don't know what it is. Is it like covfefe?

Indy

Post by Indy »

so you only care if it is illegal, meaning it is written into a law?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Can you do anything about it except gnash your teeth otherwise?

Indy

Post by Indy »

The question wasn't about whether or not you can do something. It is about your moral compass. Is it right or wrong to you. Nobody is going to do anything to a current/former president, legally.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

And I already gave you an answer to this question. It also may be reductive.

Who is your arbiter of morality?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am

Everyone is their own. Nobody can decide for you what is moral. That is why I asked the question, of you. Do you consider it moral or not?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:25 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am

Everyone is their own. Nobody can decide for you what is moral. That is why I asked the question, of you. Do you consider it moral or not?
What part of, "I already gave you an answer to this question" do you not understand?

Indy

Post by Indy »

but you didn't. you gave a non-answer again. 'doesn't sound good' and 'it's definitely not nothing'

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's all the answer you're going to get, I guess. He doesn't want to criticize his guy/tribe when they do something really bad.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:54 pm
but you didn't. you gave a non-answer again. 'doesn't sound good' and 'it's definitely not nothing'
To me, it doesn't sound morally right on it's face, but the question is reductive. On the surface of the very little we know, I would not think it to be a moral action.

Is this clear enough for you or are you going to continue to be pedantic?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:32 am
That's all the answer you're going to get, I guess. He doesn't want to criticize his guy/tribe when they do something really bad.
Is strawman your default setting?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:27 am
Indy wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:54 pm
To me, it doesn't sound morally right on it's face, but the question is reductive. On the surface of the very little we know, I would not think it to be a moral action.

Is this clear enough for you or are you going to continue to be pedantic?
Nobody was asking you to assume anything more than was already reported. Nobody was asking you to even pass judgement on someone else. It was simply a question as to what you find morally right vs wrong. It didn't mean anyone else (even the person doing the action) had to agree with you.

Thank you for answering it directly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh oh.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

But...Hillary had been storing her emails on a private server!!!

Indy

Post by Indy »

How many times has a huge accounting firm like Mazars come out and said the things they signed verifying accuracy should not be trusted... for like a decade...