Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

More Trump classified docs found, this time at a storage facility owned by Trump:

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

"I want to run the country like I run my business!"

"But your business just got convicted on 17 counts of fraud and conspiracy!"

"Well, I don't really run my business. This is a witch hunt!"
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It all means nothing. How many times are we going to find a smoking gun? A crime committed? Illegal thing after illegal thing? It just becomes another bad headline but then disappears. He walks around free and is even running for POTUS again in a couple of years with a massive following.

Again, what the hell does any of this matter?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think it matters. He is losing a lot of money, losing his business, lost his charitable foundation. He's likely to be indicted for multiple felonies. He could go to prison. He has become less politically successful; his brand arguably cost Republicans the Senate majority as well as other races. These investigations, the Jan 6 committee, the business fraud stuff, the tax fraud stuff, the classified docs he stole from the WH, ... people are changing their mind about him. He is no longer nearly as politically powerful, and a decent chunk of his own party is openly eager to dump him. That would not be the case if he kept getting away with everything Scot free and winning elections and endorsements.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Let's hope...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:05 pm
I think it matters. He is losing a lot of money, losing his business, lost his charitable foundation. He's likely to be indicted for multiple felonies. He could go to prison. He has become less politically successful; his brand arguably cost Republicans the Senate majority as well as other races. These investigations, the Jan 6 committee, the business fraud stuff, the tax fraud stuff, the classified docs he stole from the WH, ... people are changing their mind about him. He is no longer nearly as politically powerful, and a decent chunk of his own party is openly eager to dump him. That would not be the case if he kept getting away with everything Scot free and winning elections and endorsements.
I agree.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump has been announcing something big coming for awhile and finally announced his huge news. He just announced exciting digital trading hero cards of himself. With each one you buy for $99 you get entered into a raffle where you get a chance to have dinner with Trump himself. Hurry because those digital cards are running out soon.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/15/us/p ... rhero.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The House Ways and Means Committee voted to release Trump's tax returns. The full documents haven't come out yet, but it has already come out that he paid $0 in 2020 and paid only $750 two other years (!). Likely some giant tax fraud here.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures
Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... taxes.html
In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, The Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners. His core business losses in 1990 and 1991 — more than $250 million each year — were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years.

Over all, Mr. Trump lost so much money that he was able to avoid paying income taxes for eight of the 10 years.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump's tax returns have just been released:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Republicans already talking about revenge.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have been talking about revenge for a long time. They have advertised their 400 impeachments of Biden a long time ago.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not surprised.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Whoops. Despite claiming that rape accuser E. Jean Carroll was "not his type," he mistakenly thought that an old photo of her was a photo of his ex-wife during deposition. That really undermines his claim (not that it was valid anyway).

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump being Trump.

Goob

Post by Goob »

Really is pitiful how big of a country the USA is and how many politicians there are, and yet we are left with some pretty horse crap candidates to be our leader.

Maybe I should throw my name in the hat?
Tar Heel Suns Fan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Goob

Post by Goob »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:36 pm
Fair enough he has to pay, but a million bucks is nothing to him right?
Tar Heel Suns Fan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's true, I don't think the $1m harms him too much. But I do think it is important to see punishment and consequences for some of this kind of misbehavior, abusing the legal system to attack and frivolously sue his opponents and enemies. If nothing happens to him when he does that, he'll keep doing it. It also stamps a mostly impartial outcome on all of this, showing that smart legal people looked at these claims and found them to be ridiculous. Takes away from the partisan media both-sides aspect of it.