School / education stuff

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: School / education stuff

Post by Mori Chu »

Do average people in these states really want books banned and government encroaching into schools this much? Has all the anti-"CRT" stuff sunk in that deeply?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Now don't go thinking I'm posting this as some confirmation of some conspiracy theory. I'm not.

I had no idea it was this high, but at the same time there are over 3 million teachers, so...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

Indy

Post by Indy »

the 3.2 million number is just teachers, not including aides. So 0.004% of people that chose a profession to be close to kids were accused of child sex-related crimes (not found guilty or even brought into court).

Now do cops. Or politicians. Or IT workers. Or clergy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yes, I know it's a small number as a whole. It was just surprising, tbh. It was a big deal when the Mary Kay Letourneau case came up. You just never heard of such things. That's why it's surprising that it's 135 and it's only May.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
ブランドンに行こう

Nodack

Post by Nodack »