The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: The Democrats

Post by Mori Chu »

Local elections in FL and some other states last night. A Democrat won the mayorship in Jacksonville, which is a big deal.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

First female mayor in their history and only the second Dem mayor in their history. I wonder what could have possibly swayed the voters in Florida to do something like that…

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:13 am
First female mayor in their history and only the second Dem mayor in their history. I wonder what could have possibly swayed the voters in Florida to do something like that…
They WOKE up.... j/k... I hate that word "woke" and it's misuse but couldn't help myself :P

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lol!

Florence huh? I used to be a test driver for GM and one of the schedules had us drive around Miami Globe area and then down a dirt road that ended up at the prison near a guard tower in Florence. They started freaking out with all these weird camouflaged cars coming out of the desert and stopping near them for some reason. They made us change our path and not stop there anymore.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 11:07 am
Lol!

Florence huh? I used to be a test driver for GM and one of the schedules had us drive around Miami Globe area and then down a dirt road that ended up at the prison near a guard tower in Florence. They started freaking out with all these weird camouflaged cars coming out of the desert and stopping near them for some reason. They made us change our path and not stop there anymore.
LOL... Probably off of the Florence-Kelvin highway (a dirt highway lol)

Did you work at the main GM proving grounds that were East Mesa? Crazy how much that area has changed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, off of Ellsworth. I thought they were going to build a big resort out there. I think Covid changed those plans. Now it’s housing developments?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Yea, massive community called "Eastmark". It's pretty nice plus nice access to the new highway (24) that is running out there from the 202. It's blown up like crazy out there.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Honestly this guy just isn't a Democrat. I've never heard him support a single Democratic issue. He's basically just a MAGA conspiracy theorist who happens to have registered with a (D) next to his name.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He isn't really a Democrat by any reasonable standard, but I guess this is the thread to talk about RFK. What a loon.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Long-shot candidate is being generous.

Cap

Post by Cap »

OMG. I’m an Ashkenazi Jew and have never had COVID. I never realized that was by design. Wow! I suppose I should thank the people who engineered it.

Yeah, I’m ignorant. I’m one of the few Jews not actually in on the conspiracy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Onion article is amazing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sen. Bob Menendez (D) from New Jersey is being indicted on bribery charges. Sounds like the guy took a ton of bribe money including cash and gold bars from three NJ businessmen.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

All (OK, most) politicians are on the take.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yep. The ones that aren’t probably just got there. I hope they throw the book at him. I hope they throw the book at any politician that gets caught being on the take. If he was Maga and we were Republicans we would be defending him and calling the prosecutors evil and corrupt. Dems don’t tolerate that kind of behavior. Republicans seem to promote it.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:09 am
Yep. The ones that aren’t probably just got there. I hope they throw the book at him. I hope they throw the book at any politician that gets caught being on the take. If he was Maga and we were Republicans we would be defending him and calling the prosecutors evil and corrupt. Dems don’t tolerate that kind of behavior. Republicans seem to promote it.
No, the republicans say it's "capitalism" and there's nothing wrong with that. :oops:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Throw the book at this guy.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

RIP. She should have retired, and she probably wasn't making her own decisions as a Senator toward the end, which is bad. But at least now we can move on.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It looks like Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D) pulled a fire alarm to try to disrupt work on preventing the government shutdown yesterday? And then, when caught, he made a lame excuse about thinking that doing so would unlock the locked exit? Pretty pathetic.