The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The Democrats

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:45 pm
She would be honored to be anyone’s VP. I used to like her. She is the only candidate I have ever donated to. Then I started listening to her and she lost me.
You donated to her before you listened to her?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not picking on the Dems with this. I actually thought he was a Rep and was going to post it there, but I looked it up. I almost doubt he's the only one, tbh. I guess the Boeing stuff has started to turn political.

https://www.investing.com/news/stock-ma ... ck-3336634
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We don’t agree on much but, I think we would both agree many in Washington on both sides make money on the side doing unscrupulous things. Power = Money. Our leaders need to under a microscope. Don’t like microscopes? Get a different job.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think Congressmen or other top federal lawmakers should be allowed to make stock transactions while in office.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Agreed. And if they do, they should be investigated & tried for insider trading like anyone else would be.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Or stuff like Vangaurd total stocks, where they invest in the US stock market as a whole.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This might be something to keep an eye on, or it might be nothing.

ATF agent injured in early Tuesday morning shootout at home of Clinton National Airport executive director in west Little Rock
Bill Smith

Tue, March 19, 2024 at 8:16 AM MST
https://www.yahoo.com/news/heavy-law-en ... 42313.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori, don't read this. It's from Mario.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

After Keith Olbermann hoped for an assassination of Trump, here is Carville talking about Wetworks to be used on Trump, which is a word for assassination operations. These people are unhinged.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 pm
After Keith Olbermann hoped for an assassination of Trump, here is Carville talking about Wetworks to be used on Trump, which is a word for assassination operations. These people are unhinged.
Equate wetworks to bloodbath and then you'll be fine.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

This feels like the “blood bath” comment in reverse. You would do well to analyze or critique democrats words in the same way you do Trump’s words.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 pm
Equate wetworks to bloodbath and then you'll be fine.
Or, you could explain the 'context' and other definitions of wetworks.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:42 pm
This feels like the “blood bath” comment in reverse. You would do well to analyze or critique democrats words in the same way you do Trump’s words.
Really? What's the context here? Is he talking about the economy? Is there another definition of wetworks that applies here? I'm all ears.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sounds like he was saying Biden is a wimp when it comes to attacking Trump and that he should let others do the attacking. Then again if you are Maga you will interpret it as if he said Biden needs to send Seal Team Six to take out Trump since it’s legal to do so according to Trump and his lawyers.

Here’s what it sounds like when someone says assassinate the President.

DCF Guns owner calls for the killing of President Biden
https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... a85d580497
Joe Oltmann, a prominent far-right voice in Colorado politics, says Biden should be tried and executed.

Oltmann is the founder of FEC United, a political group that has collected signed loyalty pledges from Republican elected officials and candidates in Colorado. The Southern Poverty Law Center describes FEC United as “an anti-government group with its own militia.”

GOP booth at NC voting site displays sign calling for Biden's assassination
https://www.facingsouth.org/2022/11/new ... assination

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 pm
Sounds like he was saying Biden is a wimp when it comes to attacking Trump and that he should let others do the attacking. Then again if you are Maga you will interpret it as if he said Biden needs to send Seal Team Six to take out Trump since it’s legal to do so according to Trump and his lawyers.

Here’s what it sounds like when someone says assassinate the President.

DCF Guns owner calls for the killing of President Biden
https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... a85d580497
Joe Oltmann, a prominent far-right voice in Colorado politics, says Biden should be tried and executed.

GOP booth at NC voting site displays sign calling for Biden's assassination
https://www.facingsouth.org/2022/11/new ... assination
'Tried' means having a trial, which mean it went through the justice system. If he is found guilty of treason and the sentence is 'death by execution', that's not the same as calling for an assassination. Does Joe Oltmann have the same reach as Olbermann and CNN?

The Southern Poverty Law Center probably thinks you are an extremist if you don't believe in post birth abortion, child sacrifice, advocacy for pedophilia, forced sexual mutalation of kids, and any other depravity thing you can think of. I'm pretty sure that they think that if all white males are executed it would be fine and if you were to speak out against it, you are a terrorist too.

If you think that sign is a credible threat, than the secret service should investigate. And if it's found to be, they should arrest the person. Only a Yellowstone fan would know what that means anyway.

We've had effigies of Trump strung up and others burned at many a Democrat function. Sadly, it seems to be the general decorum nowadays.
Last edited by In2ition on Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:49 pm
Split T wrote:
Really? What's the context here? Is he talking about the economy? Is there another definition of wetworks that applies here? I'm all ears.
You know full well that if Trump said the exact same thing you’d be here calling people out for thinking he meant to assassinate someone.

And I’ve never heard the term wet work before in my life, but I think it’s very believable that he just meant dirty work.

And yes I also think the dems on this board would be up in arms if Trump said the same thing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:49 pm
Split T wrote:
You know full well that if Trump said the exact same thing you’d be here calling people out for thinking he meant to assassinate someone.

And I’ve never heard the term wet work before in my life, but I think it’s very believable that he just meant dirty work.

And yes I also think the dems on this board would be up in arms if Trump said the same thing.
If Trump said the same exact thing, it would be very very concerning to me.

At least you're honest about this last part.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He meant wetworks for the auto industry.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Interesting article and thread about what Dems should do better to address the impulses behind autocratic views.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Dems want to beat fascism by being fascist.