Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Social media

Post by Mori Chu »

Lol Elon.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why was he suing them? What was his claim?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is an interesting 60 Minutes report.

TOO

Post by TOO »

The only people who think X is anything short of a tabloid now are the people with a bunch of numbers in their name, "freedom" lovers, and sex workers.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Who do you use? What's the better alternative?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:27 pm
Who do you use? What's the better alternative?
I use it for sports aggregation and nothing else. Even that is shitty now.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I only use it for sports

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think there's still a lot of good content on Twitter/X, and I use it a lot. But I do think its quality has dropped since Elon took over. The paid placement / "anybody can pay to get verified and jump to the top of every comment thread" stuff is bad for quality of discussion IMO. But it's still largely the same site and still very useful for quickly getting up-to-the-minute information about what's going on today.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The old fashion internets work fine for me. If I want news, I go to a news site, not some dude on Twitter that pays more to be at the top.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good. Get her the F out of actual news networks.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just watched the Racheal Maddow show where she goes into great detail about it. Remember that podcast of hers that I kept talking about? She brings up four of those characters and how each one of them wanted to be the leader of the US and end Democracy in favor of authoritarianism or fascism where they of course would be the leader. They all were third party candidates who’s elections never went anywhere. Trump is the first wannabe authoritarian to get onto one of the major parties. He not only is on the major party, he now 100% completely controls it and its finances.

Racheal Maddow and the rest of the MSNBC employees threw a fit when NBC hired the ousted RNC chair. She was one of the architects of the stop the steal BS campaign. She and the GOP are telling everyone that elections are all fraudulent and we should do away with them in favor of a nice strongman like say, Trump who controls everything. MSNBC employees said F no!

All those prosecutors bringing cases against Trump need to be brave. All the judges need to be brave. Maga is coming for them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:22 am
I just watched the Racheal Maddow show where she goes into great detail about it. Remember that podcast of hers that I kept talking about? She brings up four of those characters and how each one of them wanted to be the leader of the US and end Democracy in favor of authoritarianism or fascism where they of course would be the leader. They all were third party candidates who’s elections never went anywhere. Trump is the first wannabe authoritarian to get onto one of the major parties. He not only is on the major party, he now 100% completely controls it and its finances.

Racheal Maddow and the rest of the MSNBC employees threw a fit when NBC hired the ousted RNC chair. She was one of the architects of the stop the steal BS campaign. She and the GOP are telling everyone that elections are all fraudulent and we should do away with them in favor of a nice strongman like say, Trump who controls everything. MSNBC employees said F no!

All those prosecutors bringing cases against Trump need to be brave. All the judges need to be brave. Maga is coming for them.
Has MAGA and Trump come for anyone? Remind me again about all the political opponents that Trump & his agencies went after? Did Hillary or Biden get indicted or have their homes raided? I must have missed all these political arrests that Trump did in his 4 years. I must have glossed over all his authoritarian and jackboot crap that he did. Remember when he had the FBI falsify evidence to present to the FISA courts? Remember when he started locking up journalists? Maddow is queen TDS that cheers on authoritarianism that is done by Biden, but somehow fools people to think it's Trump.

The FBI got Community Noted on this. The FBI violated American citizens’ 4A rights 278,000 times with illegal, unauthorized FISA 702 searches

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump is a total criminal. He should go to jail. Trump was raided because he REFUSED to hand over a LOT classified material. Then he made up about four different lies to cover it up. Lies on top of lies on top of lies and that’s just one case.

Trump and the GOP REFUSED to accept the results of the Presidential election and schemed all over the place to try to steal it back with the help of the GOP. The COUP attempt failed and now they think there should be zero repercussions for trying to end Democracy in America.

Claiming all the judges, prosecutors, media, elections, US institutions are fraudulent to sow doubt in our Democracy is evil and anti American as it gets. Russia has been trying to do it for decades and now Russia and the Trump/GOP seem to be Allie’s in this crusade.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:32 am
Trump is a total criminal. He should go to jail. Trump was raided because he REFUSED to hand over a LOT classified material. Then he made up about four different lies to cover it up. Lies on top of lies on top of lies and that’s just one case.

Trump and the GOP REFUSED to accept the results of the Presidential election and schemed all over the place to try to steal it back with the help of the GOP. The COUP attempt failed and now they think there should be zero repercussions for trying to end Democracy in America.

Claiming all the judges, prosecutors, media, elections, US institutions are fraudulent to sow doubt in our Democracy is evil and anti American as it gets. Russia has been trying to do it for decades and now Russia and the Trump/GOP seem to be Allie’s in this crusade.
Are you trying to say that all these violations by the FBI are justified and you have to stop Trump at any cost, right?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am saying Maga is trying to deflect blame away from Trump and onto any and everyone else they can. US institutions are their favorite targets.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:42 am
I am saying Maga is trying to deflect blame away from Trump and onto any and everyone else they can. US institutions are their favorite targets.
Isn't that what you just did? Deflect blame?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Call it whatever you want.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's not that I want to call it that, it's what you did.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This seems like something that will become a bigger and bigger problem. It's now pretty easy to get an app or site to use AI to generate fake nude photos and videos of any person you want, based on just a few photos or videos as input. This seems really gross and will be upsetting and violating to women in particular.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I saw an article on this awhile back. There are a plethora of apps available that turn any clothed figure into a nude figure and it looks perfect. Any 10 year old can do it. That’s where we are. It’s not a few people with some secret program. It’s not secret at all and easily available.

Best AI Nude Generators: 13+ Nude AI Apps and Websites
https://www.scrile.com/blog/ai-nude-generators