Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Social media

Post by Mori Chu »

Womp womp.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:27 pm
Womp womp.

I’m sure musk will just right off 16 billion in bad debt on his income taxes this year because of this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Elon is just a mean and bad person.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He's an egomaniac asshole.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Follow up thread from the fired manager.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How long before he's banned from Twitter?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

More like how long before he’s the only one not banned from Twitter?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Elon eventually seems to have apologized and done a call with the guy to try to work things out. Unclear if it came from genuine regret / empathy, fear of legal consequences, response to backlash for his rudeness, or a mix of reasons.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Meh.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I didn't really know where to put this article, but I found it interesting. Russell Brand has become an online conspiracy-theory-monger. I see this happen to people in my own life. They're convinced there are microchips in vaccines and that shadowy cabals are trying to reset the world and global economy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That’s weird. He used to seem like a pretty sharp guy.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I watched him on Bill Maher. Sometimes I thought he made a lot of sense and sometimes he sounded a little out there. Sort of like everybody. He is definitely passionate about his feelings. He distrusts a lot of things but said the world needs a strong America. He believes our government system is flawed and is not functioning very well and I couldn’t agree more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

These Fox documents coming out of the Dominion case are *chef's kiss*

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That's a little worse than a basket of deplorables, don't you think?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Funny, you never hear about any of this on FOX. I wonder what the average FOX viewer thinks about all of this or is all of this just more of the same liberal media trying to attack Trump by making up lies? You know, the fake sworn testimony, email and texts from the FOX people in a court of law with the fake lawyers and fake judges.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:57 am
Funny, you never hear about any of this on FOX. I wonder what the average FOX viewer thinks about all of this or is all of this just more of the same liberal media trying to attack Trump by making up lies? You know, the fake sworn testimony, email and texts from the FOX people in a court of law with the fake lawyers and fake judges.
They haven't heard about it. Or if they have, they think it's fake. Impermeable information bubble.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's an interesting hearing going on right now with the leadership of TikTok. Congressmen are asking them whether Tiktok spies on Americans and sends data to the Chinese government. The Tiktok leaders are essentially saying, "yes." IMO Tiktok is going to have to be either banned or very heavily restricted soon in the near future. The main problem is that this will be quite unpopular with young people and may hurt whatever political party institutes the decision.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's not "spying". It is "watching". ;)
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:37 am
There's an interesting hearing going on right now with the leadership of TikTok. Congressmen are asking them whether Tiktok spies on Americans and sends data to the Chinese government. The Tiktok leaders are essentially saying, "yes." IMO Tiktok is going to have to be either banned or very heavily restricted soon in the near future. The main problem is that this will be quite unpopular with young people and may hurt whatever political party institutes the decision.

You’d think this could be an easy thing for the two parties to actually agree on.

There’s a problem with data in general…. Facebook proved this, but the CCP having direct access to the hottest social media app is an even bigger issue.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:37 am
I'm around a lot of young people (not Americans, FWIW) and one of the most dependable things about them is how quickly they move onto the next thing. Would they be upset about it for a while? Probably. Upset enough to someday vote against the majority of their own self interests in other areas? Highly unlikely.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.