Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Social media

Post by Superbone »

This was all nudes to me.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I ran the algorithm on all of you. Shockingly, it depicted every single Trump supporter as having a micro peen; weird.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I was talking to a couple of buddies of mine and it turned to politics. One guy and I are pretty much on the same page. Our friend hates Biden and Trump equally and thinks RFK would be the guy to fix everything wrong in America. He thinks the Dems and the Cons are equally corrupt in Washington and that RFK would fix all that. He said time to clean house. I told him there is no way RFK could become President and even if he somehow managed to do that, what’s he going to do to clean house? Fire all politicians? Fire the Supreme Court? I don’t think so.

The average person from both parties would generally believe that there is corruption in Washington on both sides. I made a list of things that I think would help clean up in Washington quite a bit and I think regular people from both parties would like those changes. We need term limits. We need to curtail lobbyists. We need to take money out of politics. Every politician in Washington must be audited every single year. The Supreme Court must be a fair and balanced representation of America. It should never be stacked with one party or religion like it is now. Cons stole Obama’s pick blatantly by just refusing to do their job. That should never happen.

I think most Americans left or right would agree to these things. Imagine a united group of Dems and Cons a million+ strong all marching on Washington demanding these changes? That would get their attention. No violence, clean up the trash. Make your voice heard. There would be forces that try to shut it down including possibly the media. The media has been suffering because people like you guys get your news from social media now. The media can’t shut down all social media so they can’t shut down a movement. This is a movement I could get behind. It could even be a uniting force.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:55 am
I was talking to a couple of buddies of mine and it turned to politics. One guy and I are pretty much on the same page. Our friend hates Biden and Trump equally and thinks RFK would be the guy to fix everything wrong in America. He thinks the Dems and the Cons are equally corrupt in Washington and that RFK would fix all that. He said time to clean house. I told him there is no way RFK could become President and even if he somehow managed to do that, what’s he going to do to clean house? Fire all politicians? Fire the Supreme Court? I don’t think so.

The average person from both parties would generally believe that there is corruption in Washington on both sides. I made a list of things that I think would help clean up in Washington quite a bit and I think regular people from both parties would like those changes. We need term limits. We need to curtail lobbyists. We need to take money out of politics. Every politician in Washington must be audited every single year. The Supreme Court must be a fair and balanced representation of America. It should never be stacked with one party or religion like it is now. Cons stole Obama’s pick blatantly by just refusing to do their job. That should never happen.

I think most Americans left or right would agree to these things. Imagine a united group of Dems and Cons a million+ strong all marching on Washington demanding these changes? That would get their attention. No violence, clean up the trash. Make your voice heard. There would be forces that try to shut it down including possibly the media. The media has been suffering because people like you guys get your news from social media now. The media can’t shut down all social media so they can’t shut down a movement. This is a movement I could get behind. It could even be a uniting force.
Nodack for president!!!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lol!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

FBI Agent Says He Hassles People 'Every Day, All Day Long' Over Facebook Posts
"It's just an effort to keep everybody safe and make sure nobody has any ill will," he claimed.
https://reason.com/2024/03/29/fbi-agent ... ook-posts/
Three FBI agents came to Abdeljawad's house and said that they had been given "screenshots" of her posts by Facebook. Her lawyer Hassan Shibly posted a video of the incident online on Wednesday.

"Facebook gave us a couple of screenshots of your account," one agent in a gray shirt said in the video.

"So we no longer live in a free country and we can't say what we want?" replied Abdeljawad.

"No, we totally do. That's why we're not here to arrest you or anything," a second agent in a red shirt added. "We do this every day, all day long. It's just an effort to keep everybody safe and make sure nobody has any ill will."

I read this article and thought of it from both sides. She wants the freedom to post whatever she wants without the government intruding on her free speech. The FBI was given a screen shot by Meta of her posting something that disturbed them. They went to check on her and make sure she wasn’t a threat.

Many will argue that that is intrusive by the government. Others will say that because of 9/11 and all the tension in the world today that the FBI should be checking out people that make threats online. Some will argue, why is Meta sharing posts with the FBI? Did she make a threat online? We haven’t seen the post. She didn’t get to see the post that got their attention because she never let them in the door.

I myself am good with what the FBI did. Her post scared Facebook enough to alert the FBI. The FBI didn’t come to arrest her. They came to check her out, talk to her and let her know that she was now on their radar because of her threatening posts.

Trump is sharing posts of of Biden tied up in the back of a Maga PU truck. I wonder if he and his friends are on the FBI radar.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Impossible to know without knowing what the post was…would they still have come if the post was made by Shannon Jones instead of Abdeljawad? That would be my other concern.

For the fbi to come to someone’s house I would expect there to be a credible concern

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:31 am
FBI Agent Says He Hassles People 'Every Day, All Day Long' Over Facebook Posts
"It's just an effort to keep everybody safe and make sure nobody has any ill will," he claimed.
https://reason.com/2024/03/29/fbi-agent ... ook-posts/
Three FBI agents came to Abdeljawad's house and said that they had been given "screenshots" of her posts by Facebook. Her lawyer Hassan Shibly posted a video of the incident online on Wednesday.

"Facebook gave us a couple of screenshots of your account," one agent in a gray shirt said in the video.

"So we no longer live in a free country and we can't say what we want?" replied Abdeljawad.

"No, we totally do. That's why we're not here to arrest you or anything," a second agent in a red shirt added. "We do this every day, all day long. It's just an effort to keep everybody safe and make sure nobody has any ill will."

I read this article and thought of it from both sides. She wants the freedom to post whatever she wants without the government intruding on her free speech. The FBI was given a screen shot by Meta of her posting something that disturbed them. They went to check on her and make sure she wasn’t a threat.

Many will argue that that is intrusive by the government. Others will say that because of 9/11 and all the tension in the world today that the FBI should be checking out people that make threats online. Some will argue, why is Meta sharing posts with the FBI? Did she make a threat online? We haven’t seen the post. She didn’t get to see the post that got their attention because she never let them in the door.

I myself am good with what the FBI did. Her post scared Facebook enough to alert the FBI. The FBI didn’t come to arrest her. They came to check her out, talk to her and let her know that she was now on their radar because of her threatening posts.

Trump is sharing posts of of Biden tied up in the back of a Maga PU truck. I wonder if he and his friends are on the FBI radar.
Just checking on your level of this and what your line is. What do you think of this level?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

When someone makes a threat of violence online against a group of people, should the FBI check them out? How do you know which ones are 9/11 terrorists and which ones are just angry people making empty threats?

That post sounds like another dude on X spreading yet another conspiracy theory. I saw These globalist lunatics and knew right away it wasn’t a news site.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's a CoNsPiRaCy!!!!1

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The World Economic Forum is not a CoNsPiRaCy theory. Don't be daft.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I continue to think that Twitter/X may not be doing so well.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Truth Social seems like a really good investment.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trouble at Truth Social.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not the first time Trump has refused to pay people he hired. Too bad he can’t sue himself.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The DJT Truth Social stock continues to drop, drop, drop.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another strong day for DJT stock!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

A lot of stocks went down the past couple days.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey In2, isn't this that flexing guy you like? He's a-flexin' again.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haha, I like Tom Fitton, but don't endorse the weird flexing thing.